Xavier Worthy, Texas
Ladd McConkey, Georgia

OT:

Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
Jordan Morgan, Arizona

CB:

Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama

Typically, we draft a guy from this list every year that I've been doing it.

Anybody you guys feel should/shouldn't be on there?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:36 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd have a similar list but broken up a bit (which means I probably won't get most of them)

2nd:

Walker
McMillan
Mitchell
Worthy
Legette
Wilson
Burton (would need the interviews to go well)

3rd:

McConkey
Polk
Pearsall
Rice
Thrash (curious to see how he times; he looks faster than the listed times for him)

Does that mean I wouldn't end up getting any of those guys I list as 3rd round guys? Yeah - probably. But I wouldn't be happy to see any of them taken in the 2nd so I'd just shrug and move along. Any one of them COULD be guys I move up into that 2nd round status (probably not Thrash), but I don't think it's terribly likely.
I expect most in that first group to be gone, and I'd gladly take Polk or Pearsall at 64, but McConkey and Rice are an example of guys being available that would probably lead me to punt on WR in the 2nd.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:39 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I expect most in that first group to be gone, and I'd gladly take Polk or Pearsall at 64, but McConkey and Rice are an example of guys being available that would probably lead me to punt on WR in the 2nd.
Rice, oddly enough, is someone I think I'd like more if he WASN'T named Rice. I just push-back hard enough against the "Oh it's Jerry's kid" gimmick that I can't help but wonder if I'm pushing TOO hard.

Because there's a lot to like there. He might be pretty damn good; better than my cynical ass is giving him credit for.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:47 AM 02-21-2024
Rice, oddly enough, is someone I think I'd like more if he WASN'T named Rice. I just push-back hard enough against the "Oh it's Jerry's kid" gimmick that I can't help but wonder if I'm pushing TOO hard.

Because there's a lot to like there. He might be pretty damn good; better than my cynical ass is giving him credit for.
He's a tough evaluation for me. If he can have a great combine, he'll get a boost.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:02 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Would you prefer Newton to Sweat if we kept Jones?
Newton all day.
[Reply]
O.city 12:09 PM 02-21-2024
Eh, I think Franklin (and Thomas Jr.) are in a different tier than Worthy.

Only way I'm passing up Franklin or Thomas Jr. is if somebody like Newton or Mims falls into our lap.
I'm just lower on Franklin than the consensus here. Thomas JR for sure, take him.

I think Franklin is probably better than Worthy, for sure though.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:12 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm just lower on Franklin than the consensus here. Thomas JR for sure, take him.

I think Franklin is probably better than Worthy, for sure though.
Why don't you like Franklin, curious.
[Reply]
O.city 12:18 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Why don't you like Franklin, curious.
His low contested catch rate scares me for a big guy like that who's probably not gonna be a big separator.
[Reply]
O.city 12:19 PM 02-21-2024
I'm probably way to low on the guy.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:29 PM 02-21-2024
His low contested catch rate scares me for a big guy like that who's probably not gonna be a big separator.
I don't know that I'd call him a "big" separator, although he is in terms of the vertical stuff, but he's not Adonai Mitchell either. He has little issue getting separation, and his drop rate or whatever is pretty similar to Rice.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:31 PM 02-21-2024
I'm probably way to low on the guy.
I feel like everyone hollering for Franklin were in the same boat with Hyatt last year. They see it as a need and plug him in because he might be the best WR available in that spot. There are a lot of directions they might go that we won't see coming.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:33 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I feel like everyone hollering for Franklin were in the same boat with Hyatt last year. They see it as a need and plug him in because he might be the best WR available in that spot. There are a lot of directions they might go that we won't see coming.
Nah man, Franklin is much more polished, and just a better overall prospect.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:35 PM 02-21-2024

If his dad was like... Randy Moss, I would, too. The son of a freak athlete.

The thing is, his old man was the greatest technician to ever play the position. Jr. Actually looks to be a better athlete than his dad was. And nobody worked harder than Jerry Rice. If ANY of that rubbed off...
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:37 PM 02-21-2024
Nah man, Franklin is much more polished, and just a better overall prospect.
I'm not comparing the two players, just the situation. We needed a WR in 23 and we went with a DE in the 1st with Hyatt still on the board. A lot of folks projected Hyatt to the Chiefs early in the draft season. Franklin is the choice this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:39 PM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I'm not comparing the two players, just the situation. We needed a WR in 23 and we went with a DE in the 1st with Hyatt still on the board. A lot of folks projected Hyatt to the Chiefs early in the draft season. Franklin is the choice this year.
I don't think Franklin is 100% BPA if he's available, but chances are if he's there, it's just a perfect fit in terms of need and skill set.

He's just a better prospect than Hyatt. That's the point I'm trying to make, which is why I think it's a different situation too.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:52 PM 02-21-2024
I don't think Franklin is 100% BPA if he's available, but chances are if he's there, it's just a perfect fit in terms of need and skill set.

He's just a better prospect than Hyatt. That's the point I'm trying to make, which is why I think it's a different situation too.
I get that. There's no way Franklin makes it to the 3rd like Hyatt did IMO.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 32
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up