ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 635 of 791
« First < 135535585625631632633634635 636637638639645685735 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 03-26-2019
IIRC, Glazer had the "The jags are tiring of Ramsey's shit and wouldn't be surprised to see him moved" during the season last year.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:43 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
None about Ramsey.

Peterson was rumored to be on the block at the trade deadline and then there was all the backpedaling and the public apology and all that.
True but there actually were some about Howard. I remember PFT having an article about it.
[Reply]
Redbled 09:46 AM 03-26-2019
Much prefer PP. Not a fan of Ramsey's attitude. We don't need that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:48 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
True but there actually were some about Howard. I remember PFT having an article about it.
I don't remember that but that could just be me getting old. :-)
[Reply]
Jerok 09:51 AM 03-26-2019
PP and the cards went through a lot of drama last year to just trade him now, but it makes a lot of sense on both sides
[Reply]
Jerm 09:52 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Much prefer PP. Not a fan of Ramsey's attitude. We don't need that.
....maybe we do.

I mean if we're good with Kelce's antics at times, Ramsey is fine.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:28 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
....maybe we do.

I mean if we're good with Kelce's antics at times, Ramsey is fine.
Kelce's antics?

:-)
[Reply]
In58men 10:41 AM 03-26-2019

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:44 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:

Thoughts?

It's 'risk averse' to the extent that the signing bonus is low and he could be easily cut.

But his AAV in base salary over the next 5 seasons of that deal is nearly $7 million/season. The Chiefs would be insane to carry that kind of base salary on their books for a backup TE and frankly the Bucs aren't real smart to have it on the books themselves.

His '19 salary has already fully guaranteed at $7 million. For an injury prone TE who was baaaaaad last season, that's just way too rich. There's simply no financial upside baked into that deal as the Chiefs would almost certainly have to approach him to restructure immediately. In which case, let the Bucs cut him soon enough and approach him in FA then, when his leverage is reduced.

That's a very bad, very short sighted idea by someone who is of the 'have cap, must spend' mindset despite our ability to roll cap space over and use it a hell of a lot more productively than torching it on a TE2.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:45 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:

Thoughts?

That would be retarded.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:55 AM 03-26-2019
The Chiefs literally keep things lol tight when it comes to stuff so we have no idea what they are gonna do before they actually do it
[Reply]
O.city 11:03 AM 03-26-2019

I asked Andy Reid if he felt Brett Veach would make another big move before the draft.

“You know Brett," Reid said. "He keeps his eyes open on everything & he’s very aggressive. I wouldn’t doubt it. I don’t know who it is, but I wouldn’t put it past him."

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) March 26, 2019

[Reply]
The Franchise 11:06 AM 03-26-2019

The Chiefs have the cap space and draft capital to make a major move before the draft. They should do everything they can to do so. If you disagree, allow me to change your mind. https://t.co/HgPS73wudT

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) March 25, 2019

Anybody who has a subscription to the Athletic want to give a synopsis?
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:10 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Anybody who has a subscription to the Athletic want to give a synopsis?

Seth basically pimps the thought of the Cap being pretty much an illusion. I'm sure it's just a few names and showing how we could essentially 'make it work' - something like that, I'd imagine.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:18 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Seth basically pimps the thought of the Cap being pretty much an illusion. I'm sure it's just a few names and showing how we could essentially 'make it work' - something like that, I'd imagine.
Kinda. He starts out by saying that it's not remotely clear that the Chiefs defense as it stands right now is better than last season.

He then addresses the cap:
Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs are currently ranked 12th in salary-cap space according to the most recent information, and that actually undersells the flexibility the Chiefs currently have under the cap. Because they chose to designate Berry as a post-June 1 cut, his cap savings will not be felt until after that date. At that point, the Chiefs will receive another $9.55 million in cap relief, bringing them up to nearly $32 million in cap space, close to top 5 in the league. This allows them to spend right up to the cap limit before then. And that’s without making any other cap-saving moves like moving on from veterans such as safeties Daniel Sorensen and Eric Murray.
He then goes on to argue that we have the means (extra draft picks) and the need to add someone like Clowney, Lawrence (mentions a 1st and a 2nd), or Peterson (two 2nds).

He's seeing the same thing that we're all seeing. And he's noting the same thing we're all noting - that is, Veach is known to be aggressive and this defense still really needs either an edge rusher or a shutdown corner.

Hard to disagree with anything in the article.
[Reply]
Page 635 of 791
« First < 135535585625631632633634635 636637638639645685735 > Last »
Up