ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 24
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America
Simply Red 02:55 PM 08-21-2019
This has been all over the web and the radio this week. Definitely want to try one, soon!

"The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America" from The New Yorker

Article

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also RB doing a side-by-side vs Chick Fil A

[Reply]
srvy 10:35 PM 08-21-2019
Culvers is underrated in the chicken sammie department.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:37 PM 08-21-2019
I don't think I've ever had a culver's chicken sandwich. Love their burgers and thought their fish sandwich was okay the one time I tried it, but it's usually a double bacon deluxe or nothing for me there.

I just realized I haven't had red meat the entire month of August so far. This cooking for myself thing is weird.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:38 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Their tenders are legit.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:42 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I don't think I've ever had a culver's chicken sandwich. Love their burgers and thought their fish sandwich was okay the one time I tried it, but it's usually a double bacon deluxe or nothing for me there.

I just realized I haven't had red meat the entire month of August so far. This cooking for myself thing is weird.
I've had their pork tenderloin and enjoyed it a lot, but they have blue cheese for their burgers, so I rarely order anything else. If their chicken is as high quality as everything else, I'm sure it's great.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:11 AM 08-22-2019
So much fast food goodness in this thread!

I'm lovin' it!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 01:15 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Biased review. No doubt.

Dude doesn't like mayo and Popeyes triples up on the mayo.

This is like a guy saying he doesn't like Mahomes because he's not a fan of the forward pass.

To make this fair, The Report Of The Week should have asked Popeyes to hold the mayo or cut back on it at the very least. The .6 difference between the sandwiches is clearly mayo dependent.

FAX
Man, I just get the spicy one and there's some bullshit cajun whatever-the-**** sauce on it. Nom Nom.

I ****ing hate mayo. It's one of those deep pathological things. I fucking just hate it.
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:53 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Off of chicken sandwiches, I'm on a diet right now lol but when I reach a certain number in the next couple of weeks I'm going to The Peanut and getting a half dozen box of buffalo wings as my cheat meal. Best wings in KC. I can't fucking wait.
lol, i eat out fast food 2-3 times amonth! sometimes less! If its more, i usually eat a turkey sub if i have too! IM waiting for the next month, cause im ready! lol
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:44 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Is buckingham gone from the bus. Loop? I know they have the south place, but I always liked the other better.

Also, is Hong Kong still on the Loop? We used to hit that for good, questionable quality Chinese.
Nope on either - Buckingham's is just south side only, as is Smokin' Chick's and there's a Lutz's on south side too.

Hong Kong burned down in the same fire that took out Dollar General.

The 2 best places on the Loop now are Carlito's (an institution) and the burger spot Just Jeff's, which are the best burgers in Como (yes, better than Booches).

Oh. And Mugs Up, but I can only do Mugs Up once a year for food - shit is so high in sodium...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:46 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Man, I just get the spicy one and there's some bullshit cajun whatever-the-**** sauce on it. Nom Nom.

I ****ing hate mayo. It's one of those deep pathological things. I ****ing just hate it.
Same. I don't eat mayo on anything, ever. Shit is more than gross...it ruins food.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:23 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Same. I don't eat mayo on anything, ever. Shit is more than gross...it ruins food.
I agree with this as well. I'm going to try the Popeye's sandwich again today from another location but will just get the regular version and add some Cholula hot sauce on my own instead.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:47 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Never heard of it, but apparently there is one not too far from where I live. What should I try?
DJLN compared it to Zaxby's, which is accurate, but it seems like every time I go to Slim Chickens the food is "fresher" than at Zaxby's, imho.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:48 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I agree with this as well. I'm going to try the Popeye's sandwich again today from another location but will just get the regular version and add some Cholula hot sauce on my own instead.
I'd be down with that noise.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:13 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

I ****ing hate mayo. It's one of those deep pathological things. I fucking just hate it.
I was there the day these came out. There aren't any popeyes near me. doc appt in different area. I looked at them but thought, I can get a chicken sandwich at a dozen places close to me. Wish I'd tried it now with all the hubbub.

Anyway, I looked at them on the sign and the spicy one is clearly slathered in mayo just like the plain. Your mayodar maybe broken.

found a pic

That's mayo with some cajun/red spice. Are you fine with mayo if it's mixed with something?
[Reply]
srvy 07:16 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
DJLN compared it to Zaxby's, which is accurate, but it seems like every time I go to Slim Chickens the food is "fresher" than at Zaxby's, imho.
Zaxby's has the all in one drink machine. I curse the place!
[Reply]
Mecca 07:18 AM 08-22-2019
I was going to get one yesterday.....they had no buns left, those bitches.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 24
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up