ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs podcasts
Dunerdr 01:24 PM 08-21-2019
I've seen several small podcast discussions in different threads, mostly bitching about how they arent as smart as the CP brains, so i figured we could all bitch in one place about them.
[Reply]
Hydrae 01:35 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
whats it called i used to love geoff when i had a twitter account.
Geoff Schwartz is smarter than you appears to be it listening to it now.
Yes, that is the one. First one came out yesterday I believe.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:30 PM 08-26-2019
:-) locked on painfully admitted robinson was a lock lol
[Reply]
DaFace 08:13 AM 08-31-2019
Just listened to The Athletic's new podcast (Time's Ours). It's a solid listen, but you have to subscribe to listen to it, and you have to stream it through their app, which isn't ideal. Still, worth a listen if you subscribe.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:28 PM 09-06-2019
I listened to the Monday ep of that Time's Ours morning. Really liked it. Seth has always been the best part about LoC imo. And Nate and the other dude on this podcast are really funny and have unique takes all over the place.

Eye-opening stat: Damien Williams has only had 183 carries in his career. 50 of those came in 7 games as a starter and 9 as a backup last year.

I can see why Reid wanted to make sure he had a workhorse backup.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:43 PM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Just listened to The Athletic's new podcast (Time's Ours). It's a solid listen, but you have to subscribe to listen to it, and you have to stream it through their app, which isn't ideal. Still, worth a listen if you subscribe.
I should amend this to say that they're doing two per week - one is free and is available on "normal" podcast apps. The other is only for subscribers and is only available in the Athletic app.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:03 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
A list pulled from iTunes:

In the Trenches (Chiefs official podcast-Kissel and Leckey)
Defending the Kingdom (Chiefs official podcast - Holthus and Barber)
Locked On Chiefs
Chiefs Radio Network
Arrowhead Pride
The Chiefs Zone
Amateur Hour Chiefs Podcast
Arrowheads Abroad
Kansas City Chiefs Newswire
Chief in the North
Chiefs 1st & 10
The KC Files
SportsBeat KC (KC Star)
Tomahawk Talk
Arrowhead Live
Arrowhead Addict
Arrowhead Guys
Arrowhead Pride Postgame
Arrowhead Fanatic
Roughing the Kicker Chiefs Podcast
Kingdom Radio
Show & Vern (610 Sports)
The Drive (610 Sports)

Sorry if I missed any.
I'd like to just weigh in on some of these.

In The Trenches is pretty good some of the time, mostly for Nick Leckey, who brings a Geoff Schwartz-esque look behind the curtains of practice, locker rooms, and trenches play. Other than that, it is a corporate podcast meant to promote the Chiefs at all levels at all times.

Locked On Chiefs is pretty great if you just want a daily check in with two people who miss absolutely nothing the Chiefs are up to. In particular, Ryan Tracy is excellent. He hosts "RGR Football" on YouTube and is great at breaking down concepts effectively. Chris Clark knows the Chiefs and is the best on the podcast-sphere for calling a spade a spade, but he is so bad, personally, on the podcast. His delivery sucks the energy out of your bones.

Arrowhead Pride has a couple things going for it. It has From The Podium, where Pete Sweeney plays clips and comments -- and your enjoyment of that is based on your enjoyment of podium talk. Sweeney also has a couple drive segments he'll post throughout the week, including a 90 minute extravaganza the evening of the game. It's fine for real-time analysis.

But Arrowhead Pride's AP Lab is one of the best in the biz. A team of AP analysts break down tape as thoroughly as they can. The breakdowns are the best on the podcast-sphere, but they are a little homer-ish, and won't always call a spade a spade.

Amateur Hour is largely defunct for now, but it was a 90 minute podcast with perfunctory analysis that I rarely found compelling. It's based entirely on if you dig the hosts' personalities, but it was started before any other podcast on the Chiefs that I know, so it's mostly just habitual listening for those who got hooked on them when there was nobody else in the game.

Chief in the North is defunct, as Seth Keysor now runs another podcast.

SportsBeat KC is defunct, as Terez Paylor largely ran it. The Star folks still do a weekly broadcast on Facebook, but it is not translated into a podcast that I know of.

Roughing the Kicker is hot garbage, and is more interested in the ESPN-esque EVERYTHING HAS TO BE LOUD AND ENTERTAINING AT EVERY MOMENT than it is any kind of analysis. Some of the interviews are alright, but the host can't interview to save his life.

Others not mentioned:

I talk about 4th & 1 on ChiefsPlanet with some frequency, as these guys are completely my speed. Not only do they offer great insight and top notch football knowledge, particularly from Nick Jacobs, but their delivery style is chill and passionate, rather than always trying to be phony radio dudes or blowing smoke up the listener's ass. They're probably my favorite.

The Terez Paylor Show is on now! And it's excellent. You guys know Terez, he's incredibly entertaining, very funny, knows football not just in terms of X's and O's, but he knows narratives forwards and backwards. He is a lot of fun to listen to.

Time's Ours is "The Athletic"'s official Chiefs podcast. It features Seth Keysor and Nate Taylor and it is great. Very entertaining, though a bit homer-ish, and packed full of great analysis you won't get anywhere else. If you're a paying subscriber to "The Athletic," you get two pods a week. If you're not, you get the one.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:02 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I'd like to just weigh in on some of these.

In The Trenches is pretty good some of the time, mostly for Nick Leckey, who brings a Geoff Schwartz-esque look behind the curtains of practice, locker rooms, and trenches play. Other than that, it is a corporate podcast meant to promote the Chiefs at all levels at all times.

Locked On Chiefs is pretty great if you just want a daily check in with two people who miss absolutely nothing the Chiefs are up to. In particular, Ryan Tracy is excellent. He hosts "RGR Football" on YouTube and is great at breaking down concepts effectively. Chris Clark knows the Chiefs and is the best on the podcast-sphere for calling a spade a spade, but he is so bad, personally, on the podcast. His delivery sucks the energy out of your bones.

Arrowhead Pride has a couple things going for it. It has From The Podium, where Pete Sweeney plays clips and comments -- and your enjoyment of that is based on your enjoyment of podium talk. Sweeney also has a couple drive segments he'll post throughout the week, including a 90 minute extravaganza the evening of the game. It's fine for real-time analysis.

But Arrowhead Pride's AP Lab is one of the best in the biz. A team of AP analysts break down tape as thoroughly as they can. The breakdowns are the best on the podcast-sphere, but they are a little homer-ish, and won't always call a spade a spade.

Amateur Hour is largely defunct for now, but it was a 90 minute podcast with perfunctory analysis that I rarely found compelling. It's based entirely on if you dig the hosts' personalities, but it was started before any other podcast on the Chiefs that I know, so it's mostly just habitual listening for those who got hooked on them when there was nobody else in the game.

Chief in the North is defunct, as Seth Keysor now runs another podcast.

SportsBeat KC is defunct, as Terez Paylor largely ran it. The Star folks still do a weekly broadcast on Facebook, but it is not translated into a podcast that I know of.

Roughing the Kicker is hot garbage, and is more interested in the ESPN-esque EVERYTHING HAS TO BE LOUD AND ENTERTAINING AT EVERY MOMENT than it is any kind of analysis. Some of the interviews are alright, but the host can't interview to save his life.

Others not mentioned:

I talk about 4th & 1 on ChiefsPlanet with some frequency, as these guys are completely my speed. Not only do they offer great insight and top notch football knowledge, particularly from Nick Jacobs, but their delivery style is chill and passionate, rather than always trying to be phony radio dudes or blowing smoke up the listener's ass. They're probably my favorite.

The Terez Paylor Show is on now! And it's excellent. You guys know Terez, he's incredibly entertaining, very funny, knows football not just in terms of X's and O's, but he knows narratives forwards and backwards. He is a lot of fun to listen to.

Time's Ours is "The Athletic"'s official Chiefs podcast. It features Seth Keysor and Nate Taylor and it is great. Very entertaining, though a bit homer-ish, and packed full of great analysis you won't get anywhere else. If you're a paying subscriber to "The Athletic," you get two pods a week. If you're not, you get the one.
A couple notes:
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:26 AM 09-12-2019
Started in on Seth, Nate and briscos podcast on the athletic but my phone died.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:03 PM 09-12-2019
Shocking Direction likes those shit pods..
[Reply]
DaFace 02:03 PM 09-12-2019
Started in on Seth, Nate and briscos podcast on the athletic but my phone died.
Good story.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:14 PM 09-21-2019
I just became aware of a Bernard Pollard podcast, he was on locked ons episode yesterday. Ive got 5 more hours at work today and 12 tomorrow (minus game time) so im gonna dive into it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:18 PM 09-21-2019
I just became aware of a Bernard Pollard podcast, he was on locked ons episode yesterday. Ive got 5 more hours at work today and 12 tomorrow (minus game time) so im gonna dive into it.
the locked on chiefs podcast seems like 50% commercials these days.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:47 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
the locked on chiefs podcast seems like 50% commercials these days.
It's gone from my regular rotation. Plenty of better options these days unless you are listening to 10+ hours of podcasts a week and desperate for content.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:43 AM 04-18-2023
I've added NFL stock exchange to my regular listens. Quality offseason content. Anyone have any other suggestions?
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:15 AM 04-18-2023
I've added NFL stock exchange to my regular listens. Quality offseason content. Anyone have any other suggestions?
NFL Stock Exchange is outstanding.

So is Bootleg Football.

KCSN (Kansas City Sports Network) has been outstanding and wide ranging, and when I originally posted in this thread, I bragged on the "AP Lab" as being the best Chiefs breakdown in the business. Well it has migrated to KCSN, as the "KC Lab." That entire network puts out consistently strong work of all kinds of varieties: experts, former players, some homers, and a lot of national sports figures who aren't Chiefs fans zooming in to talk Chiefs football more objectively.

Time's Ours is tolerable only -- only -- for Nate Taylor's news breaks. The guys on the podcast are otherwise huge homers with loud, goofy personalities that I can't stand.

4th & 1 has gone dormant, I'm sad to say.

Charles Robinson's work on You Pod To Win The Game is strong; he has a ton of behind the scenes tidbits that he gets from agents, coaches, players. He was Terez Paylor's wingman for years, and continues being an outstanding reporter and prognosticator.

I'll also throw out Pro Football Talk on YouTube. Mike Florio is... fine. But Chris Simms is a great analyst with occasionally unorthodox takes and defends them vigorously. They have Peter King and other guest speakers on occasionally and it's one of my favorite background listens.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up