Django
Jackie Brown
Death Proof
(Once Upon a Time in Hollywood*)
FIFY

*haven't seen it yet
[Reply]
scho63 02:46 PM 07-27-2019
Really looks like a Love it or Leave it movie for most who have seen it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:55 PM 07-27-2019
Read a review that said it’s EVERYTHING you ever wanted it to be... right up until the last 20 minutes

Which will be good enough to earn my $10
[Reply]
EPodolak 06:39 PM 07-27-2019
Just got back from the theater,I enjoyed it. Storytelling turned on it's head, and about storytelling itself. Not as entertaining as some other QT films but definitely a smart movie IMO
[Reply]
underEJ 07:39 PM 07-27-2019
I really enjoyed it. I’ll probably see it again.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:12 PM 07-27-2019
Just got back from seeing this. I get why some folks didn’t love it. Personally, I thought it was phenomenal! DiCaprio’s character is so great and Pitt was as great as he’s ever been in anything. Like it or not, you cannot tell the story of America without L.A. and L.A. may have never been as important as it was during that time period(it’s not really that big of a deal nowadays). QT takes you on a throwback journey and ties in one of the most horrific, yet interesting pieces of American cultural history. Plus an awesome soundtrack and plenty of Tarantino Easter eggs.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:55 AM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Just got back from seeing this. I get why some folks didn’t love it. Personally, I thought it was phenomenal! DiCaprio’s character is so great and Pitt was as great as he’s ever been in anything. Like it or not, you cannot tell the story of America without L.A. and L.A. may have never been as important as it was during that time period(it’s not really that big of a deal nowadays). QT takes you on a throwback journey and ties in one of the most horrific, yet interesting pieces of American cultural history. Plus an awesome soundtrack and plenty of Tarantino Easter eggs.
Pitt and DiCaprio's performances should get Oscar nods.This film highlighted why they are two of the best actors in this era.

As usual the music soundtrack from the era chosen by Tarantino helped provided another layer to the events happening on the screen. He is a master at using music to help tell his vision.

I laughed out loud at one Easter egg that was not so subtle, the poster of the Nazi pic directed by the Italian maestro "Mar-ga-ray-ti!" pronounced the way Pitt pronounce it to Hans when trying to get into the theater in Inglorious Bastards.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:37 AM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Pitt and DiCaprio's performances should get Oscar nods.This film highlighted why they are two of the best actors in this era.

As usual the music soundtrack from the era chosen by Tarantino helped provided another layer to the events happening on the screen. He is a master at using music to help tell his vision.

I laughed out loud at one Easter egg that was not so subtle, the poster of the Nazi pic directed by the Italian maestro "Mar-ga-ray-ti!" pronounced the way Pitt pronounce it to Hans when trying to get into the theater in Inglorious Bastards.
Yeah I loved that one!
[Reply]
scho63 01:57 PM 07-28-2019
One of the movie junkies here at Amazon saw it and said it was one of his favorite Tarantino movies!
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:05 PM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Read a review that said it’s EVERYTHING you ever wanted it to be... right up until the last 20 minutes

Which will be good enough to earn my $10
This was my opinion of the film.
[Reply]
Predarat 03:28 PM 07-28-2019
Tough to rank Tarrantino films because I really like them all, but this is mine for now, I change them some when I see them again, and Once Upon A Time In Hollywood could change too.

My top 3
Pulp Fiction
Resevoir Dogs
Inglorious Basterds

Awesome
Jackie Brown
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
Kill Bill 2
Kill Bill 1

Really good
Django
Hateful Eight
Deathproof
[Reply]
Bowser 04:23 PM 07-28-2019
It was a nostalgia bomb of a movie, I'll give it that. For the rest....I'm not really sure. It's somewhere between a big fat "meh" and pretty damned entertaining at different points and spots throughout. Good job by the actors and it's shot beautifully, though.
[Reply]
Sorry 12:10 AM 07-29-2019
Last 20 mins was my wife's and I fav part. I want more Brad and leo duos
[Reply]
Pennywise 08:27 AM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Ouch.

Originally Posted by :
Before we get the Technicolor soap opera version headed for primetime, we must suffer through two and a half hours of dropping a multitude of forgotten Hollywood names from Virna Lisi to Audie Murphy, accompanied by a floating toxic cloud of numbing, bubble gum rock.
https://observer.com/2019/07/once-up...bbie-rex-reed/
[Reply]
Page 13 of 22
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up