ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 23
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
Dante84 07:20 PM 04-26-2024
More to come!

Man!!!! I love Andy Reid. The @Chiefs and Andy Reid are offensive line savants. Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. I think he he can be awesome guard or tackle. Just needs a little technique work. He is an aggressive killer who is great athlete.

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia is a versatile offensive tackle who split his 1,300 career snaps at BYU almost exactly down the middle between left and right tackle.

My favorite line from Dane Brugler's draft guide: "He delivers more pancakes than Denny's" ��

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia since 2022:

701 pass-blocking snaps
24 QB pressures allowed
2 sacks allowed

�� pic.twitter.com/HeiIwC2jKl

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2024

.@Chiefs @BYUfootball #KingsleySuamataia lots to like; lots to work with. #GoCougs have been turning out OLineman over past 4 years. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/4yDc6HYI6i

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Sumataia | OT | BYU

Traitsy OT w/ great size+athleticism+strengt. Easy range in the run game to pull or climb to landmarks or hit set points in slide. Patient hand usage to stay square and trust his lateral agility. Pad level & overall technique should develop in NFL. pic.twitter.com/p9zOJEuMkr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 26, 2024

The @Chiefs just selected Kingsley Suamataia, who is 6'5" and 326 lbs and can do this ⬇️

��: #NFLDraft on NFL Network/ESPN2/ABC
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/fUOTn55Ba0

— NFL (@NFL) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:16 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Why not? They have played bums on the offensive line Mahomes' entire career.
Mahomes has had

Eric Fisher
Orlando Brown Jr
Donovan Smith

at LT.

Kingsley isn't close to any of these guys as far as NFL ready yet.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 12:25 PM 04-27-2024
I really have high hopes for this kid.I never knew why Kinnard didnt pan out as a least a backup for the Chiefs.But i guess not all draft picks are hits.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:31 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Mahomes has had

Eric Fisher

Orlando Brown Jr

Donovan Smith

at LT.

Kingsley isn't close to any of these guys as far as NFL ready yet.
He has played with Cam Erving at tackle. Wiley at tackle. He has played with Austin Reiter at center. Those are bums. And he didn't just play a game here or there with those bums, but entire seasons.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:35 PM 04-27-2024
There's no sense in predicting what will happen.

Let's just say we're in GREAT SHAPE if Kingsley starts his rookie year. It means he won it. Chiefs can always bring back Donovan Smith and if they don't...get HYPED about that
[Reply]
Smed1065 01:14 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I had him and Jordan Morgan as my targets at 32 for OT. Getting him here is absurd, and wouldn’t happen in most drafts. You legitimately had 8-9 first round caliber tackles.

Everything just seems too easy. We’re going for a 3-peat and our two weakest positions happen to be the deepest in years and we land two potential day one starters at those spots. I almost feel like I’m playing Madden, it should not be this simple!
Beats the crap out of the year we had the 1st pick. IMO
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:49 PM 04-27-2024
I still think you sign Donovan Smith to another 1 year deal if he'll go for last year's contract
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:52 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
I still think you sign Donovan Smith to another 1 year deal if he'll go for last year's contract
Yeah, I would.

But even if they don't you could have Wanya and Kingsley take all the snaps and battle for the spot and then bring in a vet in the summer if you don't like what you see.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:14 PM 04-27-2024
Long live the King! Hoping this guy is eventually going to be a great starter. And a career Chief. LFG!
[Reply]
Urc Burry 02:48 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Smith is there. As well as Bahktiari and Becton. I’m probably in the minority, because he hasn’t been able to get his knee right. But I’d swing for the fences with Bahk. If he can go the whole season he is legitimately one of the best tackles in the league. He’s at the age now where he might want to ring chase… while playing on grass. And if he goes down then you plug in the guy who wins the training camp battle between Wanya and Kingsley.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:52 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Smith is there. As well as Bahktiari and Becton. I’m probably in the minority, because he hasn’t been able to get his knee right. But I’d swing for the fences with Bahk. If he can go the whole season he is legitimately one of the best tackles in the league. He’s at the age now where he might want to ring chase… while playing on grass. And if he goes down then you plug in the guy who wins the training camp battle between Wanya and Kingsley.
My GB friend said if we need to break glass and grab a vet like Bhak then you don't play him most of the year. He won't play through the pain. You sign him and tell him to be ready in December.

He's talented but made of glass and won't make it through a full season now.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:53 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
My GB friend said if we need to break glass and grab a vet like Bhak then you don't play him most of the year. He won't play through the pain. You sign him and tell him to be ready in December.

He's talented but made of glass and won't make it through a full season now.
That's kinda' how Pennel rolls as well though ain't it?

I like his potential. I hope we wins the LT job on day 1. I know he's raw and probably doesn't move as well as I'd hoped but he's solid. I'd prefer to have him on the blind side in a playoff run with a full year under his belt with Morris as the b/u swing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:56 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
I'd gamble on Becton. I'm not sure any of them are more likely than the rest to really be good at the position, but Smith and Becton seem likely to be equally mediocre and mediocre is likely to get Becton a contract that yields us a comp Pick due to his age and prospect pedigree.

Flipside is that Smith is a known quantity.

I wouldn't bother signing Bahktiari as an equipment manager.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:04 PM 04-28-2024
This is funny now

https://kckingdom.com/posts/chiefs-r...t-01hw82hfxnx8

Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs are reportedly zeroing in on one prospect in particular in the first round of the 2024 NFL Draft on Thursday night. While there's been much speculation about what wide receiver Kansas City will take given the likely impending suspension for Rashee Rice, the organization is apparently enamored with BYU offensive tackle Kingsley Suamataia instead.

Tony Pauline of Sportskeeda reported on Tuesday that "multiple sources told me it’s looking more and more as though Kansas City Chiefs will select offensive tackle Kingsley Suamataia with the final pick on Thursday night."

[Reply]
BWillie 07:06 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I understand Wanya has the upper hand currently, he's earned the placeholder spot on the depth chart

However, I'll die on the hill that Suamataia starts WK 1 as left tackle.
Wanya has earned nothing. Absolutely nothing. You hear me?
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:35 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd gamble on Becton. I'm not sure any of them are more likely than the rest to really be good at the position, but Smith and Becton seem likely to be equally mediocre and mediocre is likely to get Becton a contract that yields us a comp Pick due to his age and prospect pedigree.

Flipside is that Smith is a known quantity.

I wouldn't bother signing Bahktiari as an equipment manager.
Becton just blew out his knee reading your post.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 23
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up