ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
In Memoriam>Len Dawson has passed - RIP
Halfcan 08:21 AM 08-13-2022
Lenny the Cool is in the NFL HOF as a player and broadcaster. Two well-deserved honors.
He is an amazing guy that will be missed by all.
[Reply]
Wilson8 09:57 AM 08-13-2022
Len Dawson, a very special person and I always will have fond memories of him.

Hospice care can mean that death is imminent. They can give you morphine and other drugs to ease the pain but with new Medicare laws and rules, Hospice care can also be used when the family needs assistance in the care. It allows extra people in bathing and other care. I imagine though since the family is letting people know, that it means that Lenny does not have long to live.

He was one of my heroes.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:32 AM 08-13-2022
We're so lucky that we've had Lenny as the face of the franchise for so many years. Great player, likeable guy.
[Reply]
jallmon 11:56 AM 08-13-2022
Thanks for the great memories, Lenny! Prayers to family and friends.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan63 02:46 PM 08-13-2022
My very first sports hero. God bless you Lenny.
[Reply]
Graystoke 03:24 PM 08-13-2022
Lenny the cool.
His coolness will transcend all worlds.
Godspeed
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 05:09 PM 08-13-2022

Len and his wife/high school sweetheart Jackie taken on the hood of the car he received for winning Super Bowl IV MVP. Sure the Fresca and cigarette is the most iconic, but in his final days I love seeing this picture. She was taken from him 44 years ago. I know right where he’s headed after his final breath! Go get her Lenny!

Thanks for all the hard work, dedication, and love you poured into the Chiefs over your lifetime. A true Kansas City legend. You will be greatly missed!
[Reply]
Al Czervik 05:32 PM 08-13-2022
He was my childhood hero!!!!
I ran into Lenny and his wife while picking up
Italian Delight in Mission, KS about 4 years ago.
We talked Chiefs until my order came up.
He has just retired from broadcasting.

HOF guy on and off the field.
Godspeed Lenny the Cool!
[Reply]
Stewie 06:43 PM 08-13-2022
When I played YMCA football as a youngster it was exciting when jerseys were assigned. Everyone was jealous of the kid that got #16. It really mattered.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:13 PM 08-13-2022
I'll never forget my brief encounter with Len. I went to a Chiefs/Bears preseason game back in '96 at pre-molested Soldier Field. This was a different time, and security was lax to say the least. This was my first Chiefs game in person since childhood, and I was very excited. Got to the stadium hours before game time - they hadn't set anything up yet and the gates were wide open. I just walked in. I assume that any security people just figured I was with the team, because nobody ever said a word to me. I walked into the seating area, then down by the field, then onto the field. I was standing at about the 20 yard line, turned around, and Len was walking right toward me. I was completely dumbstruck. All I could manage was "Uh, Mr. Dawson?" He replied, "Hi, how you doing?" and walked right past me. I just stood there in shock. Too bad I didn't see him coming from a distance - perhaps I would have handled it better and had a conversation or at least gotten an autograph. Oh well. It was still a neat experience.

So sorry to hear about this. Godspeed, Len. :-)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:46 AM 08-14-2022
Years ago I won tickets to a Chiefs game and there was also backstage passes to the booth before the game. I think it was The Fox radio station. Anyway, we got to get a picture with one of the radio announcers, but we didn't know who because it depended on who was in the booth at the time. My wife and I went, had a great tailgate, then went back stage up to the booth. The tour guide (or whatever) said "Let's get this picture lined up...Mr. Dawson, are you available?" And he stood up and said absolutely. I remember how big a guy he was. He came over and said "I'll stand here next to the little lady" and took the pic with me and my wife. I asked for one more, and switched places with my wife and got the pic, shaking his hand with the ring on it...he was awesome and we talked for a minute before the next people came in for their photo. Saddest part is...I can't find the pic of me next to him, I only have the pic of my wife next to him. But, I'll never forget that.

God Bless you Lenny. Class act all the way. Take it easy...
Attached: LennyDawson.jpg (64.1 KB) 
[Reply]
scho63 08:05 AM 08-14-2022
Fuck, this thread is making me weep. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 02:11 PM 08-14-2022
When you look at the whole picture, Kansas City couldn't have found a better person to represent their franchise. On the field, off the field, in the booth..... The man was phenominal at ALL of them. I was born in November of '71, so I obviously don't remember the live games on TV. But, thanks to Youtube, I've had the privilege of watching many of his games, including Superbowl 4. Hank, Lamar, Lynch, Culp, D. Thomas, Delaney, and a host of others are waiting for you to huddle up one last time as you call your final play into the kingdom of heaven.

RIP Lenny....
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 06:26 PM 08-14-2022
my first sports game was in 72 at arrowhead, if i remember right they played joe namath and the jets, lenny was bigger than life back then. what a man, we'll miss ya
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:55 PM 08-14-2022
Ugh. Prayers...
[Reply]
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up