ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 386
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:39 PM 07-31-2017
They fucked up by only having 13 episodes left in the show. Everything is on fast forward right now and it's just all running together.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:46 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, Tyrion should have known especially since he was the master of coin. What he didn't know was how much they borrowed from the iron bank while daddy Tyrell was hand. So that is fairly excusable he didn't know EXACTLY how broke they are. And given how proud Cersei is to be a Lannister it makes sense to think she would defend her ancestral home.
It's not the money - it's the food. The reach is far enough south that they'll still be able to generate crops, etc... whereas a lot of the rest of Westeros has already gone fallow.

Tyrion wouldn't have needed to know a thing about the gold stores, really. He'd have just needed to know that Highgarden was absolutely going to be attacked at some point and leaving a skeleton crew there was pretty inexcusable. I suppose the counter is that he couldn't have known that Tarley would turn on the Tyrells.

Get some scouts, man. Pretty rough to get caught napping on that one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:48 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Thank God Euron's a sickly hilarious bad guy, because his Deus Ex Machina fleet fucking Dany's world up at any opportunity is a bit much.

Thankfully, Jamie's feint in sacking Highgarden and leaving a token force to hold Casterly Rock played off of his former battle experience, otherwise it would have been some magically appearing BS to ensure that Cersei is a threat to Dany. One of the most incompetent women (outside of coming up with retribution) in Westeros is suddenly safe and secure and wins so much Donald Trump is jealous? C'mon.

I'm gonna flip shit if Qyburn's ballista one shots a dragon.
Yeah, he had to sail all the way around the tip of Westeros to get over to that side of the continent. And he had to do so quickly enough to not only dispatch of the Dornish, but to also catch up to the iron fleet that at least had a few days head start.

GOT has pretty much told geography and timelines to fuck themselves at this point.

As for shooting a dragon - what, you don't think it's easy to take down an F-18 with a hunting rifle?

Yeah, the idea that this massive friggen bolt is going to be mobile enough to get in the path of a charging dragon (because a straight on shot is the only chance; not gonna hit one that is moving perpendicular because that's 3 dimensions you have to deal with) is pretty laughable.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:52 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
They ****ed up by only having 13 episodes left in the show. Everything is on fast forward right now and it's just all running together.
There's an article that detailed why they did this.

Basically, all of the main actors are paid an insane amount per episode, and HBO opted to pay for VFX and reduce the pay to actors by condensing the episodes per season.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:56 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, he had to sail all the way around the tip of Westeros to get over to that side of the continent. And he had to do so quickly enough to not only dispatch of the Dornish, but to also catch up to the iron fleet that at least had a few days head start.

GOT has pretty much told geography and timelines to fuck themselves at this point.

As for shooting a dragon - what, you don't think it's easy to take down an F-18 with a hunting rifle?

Yeah, the idea that this massive friggen bolt is going to be mobile enough to get in the path of a charging dragon (because a straight on shot is the only chance; not gonna hit one that is moving perpendicular because that's 3 dimensions you have to deal with) is pretty laughable.
Yeah pretty much the only thing they can say is a bunch of time elapsed in between the stuff it just all happens at once and they're not showing anything in between.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:57 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
There's an article that detailed why they did this.

Basically, all of the main actors are paid an insane amount per episode, and HBO opted to pay for VFX and reduce the pay to actors by condensing the episodes per season.
I think what pest is getting at is if you do that make it 3 seasons not 2.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:59 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah pretty much the only thing they can say is a bunch of time elapsed in between the stuff it just all happens at once and they're not showing anything in between.
But even that doesn't work because we know the iron fleet set out for Dorn and Casterly rock at roughly the same time (splitting up at some point before the attack).

So unless the iron fleet section that was carrying the unsullied was just a whole bunch of noobs who spent several days aimlessly meandering across the seas, there's no way Euron should've been able to run them down and destroy them before they were able to execute what appeared to be a pretty straightforward siege.

Hell, Euron had to destroy Yara's fleet AND have his little parade into Kings Landing before catching up to the unsullied. That's just stupid.
[Reply]
Swanman 01:03 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Thank God Euron's a sickly hilarious bad guy, because his Deus Ex Machina fleet ****ing Dany's world up at any opportunity is a bit much.

Thankfully, Jamie's feint in sacking Highgarden and leaving a token force to hold Casterly Rock played off of his former battle experience, otherwise it would have been some magically appearing BS to ensure that Cersei is a threat to Dany. One of the most incompetent women (outside of coming up with retribution) in Westeros is suddenly safe and secure and wins so much Donald Trump is jealous? C'mon.

I'm gonna flip shit if Qyburn's ballista one shots a dragon.
There are some thoughts that Dani has a mole in her crew and that's how Cersei/Euron seem to be one step ahead. If there is one, I would put money on Varys.

They made a point with the ballista to show it going straight in Balerion's eye socket, so that's I bet how it goes down. My guess would be Viserion bites it that way. Dani will be on Drogon and Jon may be on Rhaegal.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:03 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But even that doesn't work because we know the iron fleet set out for Dorn and Casterly rock at roughly the same time (splitting up at some point before the attack).

So unless the iron fleet section that was carrying the unsullied was just a whole bunch of noobs who spent several days aimlessly meandering across the seas, there's no way Euron should've been able to run them down and destroy them before they were able to execute what appeared to be a pretty straightforward siege.

Hell, Euron had to destroy Yara's fleet AND have his little parade into Kings Landing before catching up to the unsullied. That's just stupid.
Agreed. Though Yaras fleet was pretty close to KL so that travel time should be fairly short. And if it took a couple days to get landed and get ready to climb the walls and a day to complete the battle it may not be Soooooooooo far off. But yeah. It's pretty bad.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:05 PM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by Swanman:
There are some thoughts that Dani has a mole in her crew and that's how Cersei/Euron seem to be one step ahead. If there is one, I would put money on Varys.

They made a point with the ballista to show it going straight in Balerion's eye socket, so that's I bet how it goes down. My guess would be Viserion bites it that way. Dani will be on Drogon and Jon may be on Rhaegal.
Varys is the only possible mole. Nobody else makes sense. But even then....why would he be the mole?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:15 PM 07-31-2017
Varys is the only possible mole. Nobody else makes sense. But even then....why would he be the mole?
Think I watched a Last Harpy or other similar YouTube conjecture channel that says the books imply Varys isn't actually a general Targaryen loyalist, he's a Blackfyre / young Aegon loyalist.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:21 PM 07-31-2017
Doesn't have to be a mole.

All the ships were in the blackwater so it would've been easy for Euron to spot Yara. (and likewise easy for Yara to spot Euron, but that gets back to how the writers have abandoned all internal logic).

Then torture the shit out of the sand snakes. Granted, we're doing the writers work for them at that point but wouldn't that be the easiest way to figure it out. Or hell, just some top lieutenants on Yara's fleet (presuming Yara wouldn't crack).
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:25 PM 07-31-2017
The time spent on Varys pledging his loyalty to Dani cemented that he was going to betray her somehow.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:25 PM 07-31-2017
Messandi (however the hell you spell) occurred to me because she told her don't ever cross me or whatever at the beginning of the season but I couldn't point to a motive.

Varys' would be weak too.

Olena maybe. She's played both sides before but is obviously not her.

Sand snakes are too dumb to walk a straight line and the Grayjpys have too much to lose.

A mole would make sense but I can't see it.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:37 PM 07-31-2017
Does anyone have information about the Iron Bank? I would use my dragons to burn that place to a cinder...and take their gold.

No money, no army...
[Reply]
Page 32 of 386
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Up