ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 130 of 386
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140180230 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
listopencil 09:08 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Her evilness?

She's also pretty flat-chested. So when I saw her walk of shame naked through King's Landing, I had to look up how it was shot. Sure enough, it was a body double with her head put on that body. She just doesn't have that much on top to be same person.
I don't know what it is. It has nothing to do with her character on GoT. There are certain actors and actresses that I just instantly dislike and never get over it.

Originally Posted by :
Definitely beautiful imo too. More so than as the Red Priestess.
Yup. There are several hotties on the show (that Dornish girl you mentioned for instance) and Von Houten took me by surprise when I saw a normal pic of her.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:47 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I don't know what it is. It has nothing to do with her character on GoT. There are certain actors and actresses that I just instantly dislike and never get over it.
I'll give you some examples. Maybe you can spot a trend. You do work in visual arts, maybe you'll notice something that I don't. Celebrities that I dislike for no reason, not including those I dislike for valid reasons:

Angelina Jolie
Jeremy Piven
The lead guy on How I Met Your Mother
Lena Headey
Justin Beiber
David Duchovny almost but I find that I can put up with him sometimes
Ryan Seacrest from American Idol
Jane Fonda
Susan Sarandon
The girl who was Blossom and now she plays on The Big Bang Theory
Courtney Cox Arquette
David Arquette

I'm sure that there are more but I tend to vanquish them from my memory so it's hard for me to dig them up.
[Reply]
Hawk 09:56 PM 08-30-2017
Her evilness?

She's also pretty flat-chested. So when I saw her walk of shame naked through King's Landing, I had to look up how it was shot. Sure enough, it was a body double with her head put on that body. She just doesn't have that much on top to be same person.

Definitely beautiful imo too. More so than as the Red Priestess.
Yeah, body double. I'm not a huge fan of Lena headey most of the time, but I did like her in 300, and she shows her real boobs in that one:

Image: Not Safe for Work

Image: Not Safe for Work

She was kind of a sexy bad ass in 300. But Cersei's such a bitch that it's hard to find her attractive in that role. She also looks better as a brunette.

[Reply]
Frazod 09:58 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I'll give you some examples. Maybe you can spot a trend. You do work in visual arts, maybe you'll notice something that I don't. Celebrities that I dislike for no reason, not including those I dislike for valid reasons:

Angelina Jolie
Jeremy Piven
The lead guy on How I Met Your Mother
Lena Headey
Justin Beiber
David Duchovny almost but I find that I can put up with him sometimes
Ryan Seacrest from American Idol
Jane Fonda
Susan Sarandon
The girl who was Blossom and now she plays on The Big Bang Theory
Courtney Cox Arquette
David Arquette

I'm sure that there are more but I tend to vanquish them from my memory so it's hard for me to dig them up.
I have a few of those. These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

Jon Heder
John C. Reilly
Juliette Lewis
Maggie Gyllenhall

I really don't get how Gyllenhall keeps getting cast in roles that should call for someone pretty/sexy. She's uglier than a bulldog's asshole. I won't watch that new HBO show about 70s New York solely because she's in it.

:-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:01 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by Hawk:
There is no frickin way Tyrion betrayed Dany for Cersei. None. If the writers take it that direction, they should be publicly flogged. That is sooooo far removed from Tyrion's character, plus it would make no sense for Cersei to trust him with her plans either. That would be assinine writing.

The dark look by Tyrion was meant solely to drum up off season drama and debate about what it means. D&D love doing that kind of crap.

But at the end of the day, it can only be either jealousy (unlikely), or a legit concern that Jon's influence over Dany will reduce his role. Throughout the season, Tyrion screwed up a lot and Dany started asking Jon for advice and then following it while often arguing with Tyrion and not heeding his advice. Now Dany is in bed with Jon, and Tyrion knows that if Dany had followed his advice to do nothing, Jon would be dead. Dany will remember that. Things are not going well for Tyrion in his role as Hand, and Jon and Dany hooking up will only make it worse. If they marry, they only need one hand, and Davos will be the guy, not Tyrion.

Plus he may have some concern about the Queen hooking up with a bastard, even if he is King of the North. Not a good look for the Queen of Westeros to be with a bastard. Of course Tyrion doesn't know Jon is legit.
Can't remember if the prophecy about Dany's betrayals are in the show, but Tyrion betraying her for Cersei would cash in on the last betrayal coming because of "blood" as well as the disagreements between himself and the Dragon Queen this season.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:13 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Can't remember if the prophecy about Dany's betrayals are in the show, but Tyrion betraying her for Cersei would cash in on the last betrayal coming because of "blood" as well as the disagreements between himself and the Dragon Queen this season.
Didn't read the books but this guy said they've already come true.

[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:30 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We've already seen him second guessing Danny after they destroyed the Lannister army. We know that he's on speaking terms with Cersi now. We know how deeply he cares for his brother. We also don't know what was communicated between he and Cersi.

You'd think that Jon ****ing Daenerys would be welcomed as that would unite the North with Daenerys. That would also spell great trouble to Cersei.

So why the long face if it's in the interests of Jon/Daenerys? Could it be because of the repercussions it'd have on Cersei?
Jon is already an established leader and King in Westeros. I am guessing Tyrion is concerned if Jon starts being seen as equal to Dany, or possibly looked as above her because he was named king, that then Dany's claim is weakend, which Tyrion wouldn't like. Until she is the ruler she isn't, and Jon having so much support and the title already could make her actually becoming the ruler uncertain.

I don't see any way Tyrion switches sides, especially because now that it seems even Jamie is abandoning Cersei.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:59 AM 08-31-2017
That gal definately looks like miss piggy but that is not a bad thing, that girl that was an actress on stage is the hottest girl on the show. Them Titties Sandsnake is 3rd. Red witch is 3 for me (young version) one of the random whores on the show have to be hotter than the main people.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:41 AM 08-31-2017
I'm rooting for the Ice Demons...they seem to be pretty drama-free.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:36 AM 08-31-2017
Director said Tyrion has that look because they a pretty decent alliance going on and this is only going to make things complicated. Also the implications on how Daenerys will receive his advice since he's "devoted his life to her". Unless he's lying about that Tyrion isn't betraying Daenerys.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:14 AM 08-31-2017
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Director said Tyrion has that look because they a pretty decent alliance going on and this is only going to make things complicated. Also the implications on how Daenerys will receive his advice since he's "devoted his life to her". Unless he's lying about that Tyrion isn't betraying Daenerys.
I quote myself here because I edited it a while after the page had passed, and the questions are still coming up. Also, some other speculation sites are taking the same cues I did in the spoilered part

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Dinklage knows. Doesn't mean Tyrion does.

My take on his gear grinding outside the door [which is not much because I think it's purposefully cryptic at the moment].

He's tactically concerned about the need for a line of succession, whether named or sired, as discussed explicitly previously.

[Spoiler that's actually rampant speculation, in case you don't even want to think about it]

Spoiler!

He's politically concerned about the optics of his putative pending queen cavorting with a bastard, blithe to matters of state/propriety [not so much news of this specific incident making rounds as future higher profile association and/or unexplained pregnancy].

And finally, not a negligible amount of jealousy/horniness. He's already an established horndog. And he's fairly settled as of royal lineage. Even if he's actively pursuing restraint in his stead as Hand, the myriad and sensible benefits of his nutting instead of Jon has to cross his mind.

[Reply]
Skyy God 05:34 AM 08-31-2017
Lena Headey is a dark brunette in real life. I like her with long blonde hair more in GoTs.

Think she's the only one who gets $3 Million an episode for awhile—now iirc, 5 get that that in Season 7.

The big 5 get $1.1M per in seasons 7 and 8.

Headey was making $3M per season, not episode.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:09 AM 08-31-2017
Tyrion's reaction to teh sechs, from the director's mouth.

Originally Posted by :
Well I think there’s jealousy, but it’s maybe not romantic jealousy, in the way that it is for Jorah, for example. I think that for Tyrion, it’s more complicated. I think he has a very special relationship with Dany and he really believes in her as a true leader and has invested a lot in her. I think for him, with Jon and Dany getting together, this represents a possible undermining of his position with her and also a monkey wrench thrown into what the master plan really is meant to be around this entire alliance. The way I see it is Tyrion is a bit of a strategist—not just a bit of a strategist, he is a major strategist—and I think now, he can’t see where this is gonna go and that’s very difficult for someone who is always thinking three steps ahead. The consequences of Dany and Jon getting together are completely unknown. Is she gonna make decisions now based on this new relationship? Is she gonna be able to separate her personal [interests] from the interests of the greater group? What is this going to foretell for the alliance and what they’re all meant to do as a united front? So I think the worry for him is that now, everything is up for grabs. We don’t really know who’s going to side with who, what’s gonna happen at the end of the day, and which alliances are going to be the strongest.
He said a little about my spoilered speculation too, but it was EXTREMELY noncommittal.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:55 AM 08-31-2017
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Yeah, body double. I'm not a huge fan of Lena headey most of the time, but I did like her in 300, and she shows her real boobs in that one:

She was kind of a sexy bad ass in 300. But Cersei's such a bitch that it's hard to find her attractive in that role. She also looks better as a brunette.

I had no idea that was the same actress.
[Reply]
notorious 06:59 AM 08-31-2017
She is also the "bad guy" Ma-Ma on Judge Dredd.

Lena is one HELL of an actress.

[Reply]
Page 130 of 386
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140180230 > Last »
Up