ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>DeNiro, Pacino, Pesci, Scorsese.....The Irishman trailer
Deberg_1990 10:21 PM 07-31-2019
Holy shit. Probably the last hurrah for these guys. Looks great

Scorsese. De Niro. Pacino. Pesci. THE IRISHMAN. Get ready. pic.twitter.com/xYyaOapXXZ

— Netflix Film (@NetflixFilm) July 31, 2019

[Reply]
Munson 03:26 PM 08-01-2019
I'd watch it if I had Netflix.

And when was the last time Joe Pesci was in a movie?
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:29 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
I'd watch it if I had Netflix.

And when was the last time Joe Pesci was in a movie?
Regular acting roll says 2010, before that 2006. been a while!
[Reply]
vailpass 04:18 PM 08-01-2019
Stopped reading at DeNiro. Hard pass.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:34 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
Also, he's probably always been the way he is, just didnt feel the need to speak up until recently for good reason!
I'll agree that De Niro probably hasn't changed all that much, not nearly as his recent antics might suggest to a casual viewer.

But I doubt that his newfound vocality is all that ideological or actually all that genuine.

I believe he's genuinely passionate, but I'd almost put money on it stemming from some incredibly petty interpersonal interaction[s] over a broad history.

Maybe one of his sidepieces found Trump rude, or one of his sidepieces used to bang him too, or Trump badmouthed on of his precious TriBeCA/SoHo soirees or a dish at one of his restaurants.

Quite possibly, some of Trump's character traits that led to electoral success struck a little close to home to some traits that therapists have been working to eradicate in De Niro himself.

Whatever it is, I am confident it's more a matter of clashing egos than a matter of clash of heartfelt philosophies.

If nothing else, De Niro doesn't strike me as a philosopher, to say the least.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:23 PM 08-01-2019
I will definitely see it. I mean, it's going to be on Netflix right? Easy enough. The stuff they are doing to make them look younger is also fascinating.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:31 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
Will watch, dont have a Netflix sub anymore though, but ill sub for this! Plus i need to finish off a few other of their shows!

Also, he's probably always been the way he is, just didnt feel the need to speak up until recently for good reason! Dont really need to get into all that, no point really! Anyways, like i said, once it hits Netflix, will watch!
Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. I certainly don't require the people who entertain me to share my beliefs; if I did, I'd pretty much be relegated to country music and cowboy movies. My favorite band is the Eagles, and from everything I've heard about Don Henley I wouldn't last in a conversation with him for two minutes. But Henley is smart enough to know where his bread is buttered - it's not hip urban millennials who fill the stadiums to watch him play - it's old farts like me. So he keeps his mouth shut about how much he thinks me and my worldview suck, at least publicly. And that's fine. My deal with Henley is he sings, and I pay to listen. Nothing more.

But DeNiro doesn't roll that way. There's a certain amount of gas I'll tolerate from these elitist cockbags, because I understand the bubble they inhabit. But he crossed the line, and I'm done with him and anything he does going forward.

Won't stop me from watching a 30 year old masterpiece like Goodfellas, though. Just like Alec Baldwin being a similar blowhard douche now won't stop me from watching Hunt for Red October, or Spacey being a perverted molesting creep won't stop me from watching L.A. Confidential. All that stuff's been in the books for a long time.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:43 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. I certainly don't require the people who entertain me to share my beliefs; if I did, I'd pretty much be relegated to country music and cowboy movies. My favorite band is the Eagles, and from everything I've heard about Don Henley I wouldn't last in a conversation with him for two minutes. But Henley is smart enough to know where his bread is buttered - it's not hip urban millennials who fill the stadiums to watch him play - it's old farts like me. So he keeps his mouth shut about how much he thinks me and my worldview suck, at least publicly. And that's fine. My deal with Henley is he sings, and I pay to listen. Nothing more.

But DeNiro doesn't roll that way. There's a certain amount of gas I'll tolerate from these elitist cockbags, because I understand the bubble they inhabit. But he crossed the line, and I'm done with him and anything he does going forward.

Won't stop me from watching a 30 year old masterpiece like Goodfellas, though. Just like Alec Baldwin being a similar blowhard douche now won't stop me from watching Hunt for Red October, or Spacey being a perverted molesting creep won't stop me from watching L.A. Confidential. All that stuff's been in the books for a long time.

via GIFER

[Reply]
Bowser 07:46 PM 08-01-2019
DeNiro playing Frank Sturgis?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:14 PM 08-01-2019
Pass. Not putting any more money in DeNiro's pocket.
Well, if your a Netflix subscriber you already have.
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:51 PM 08-02-2019
Pass. Not putting any more money in DeNiro's pocket.

Honest question -- why don't you like DeNiro?
[Reply]
Frazod 03:43 PM 08-02-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Honest question -- why don't you like DeNiro?
Oh for fuck's sake, you know damned well why I don't like him. Trying to keep politics out of this thread/forum. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:10 PM 08-02-2019
Oh for ****'s sake, you know damned well why I don't like him. Trying to keep politics out of this thread/forum. :-)
actors have been opinionated blow hard dicks about politics since there was a such thing as an actor. You have to separate out the movie from the actor when politics are not anywhere in the movie. It’s a Scorsese gangster movie. Those fucking rock.
[Reply]
neech 04:18 PM 08-02-2019
De Niro was on SNL, I can't believed I watched a couple skits before I changed the channel but every line he was saying he had to read on the cue cards it was so obvious.

I have no interest in watching this movie either.
[Reply]
Sorry 04:42 PM 08-02-2019
:-):-)
I'm not going to swear off his earlier stuff - that's already bought and paid for and he's simply been in too many of the greatest movies ever made that I love. There's also a big difference between the person he was and the raging, noxious buffoon he is now. At least I hope so.

[Reply]
Sorry 04:45 PM 08-02-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'll agree that De Niro probably hasn't changed all that much, not nearly as his recent antics might suggest to a casual viewer.

But I doubt that his newfound vocality is all that ideological or actually all that genuine.

I believe he's genuinely passionate, but I'd almost put money on it stemming from some incredibly petty interpersonal interaction[s] over a broad history.

Maybe one of his sidepieces found Trump rude, or one of his sidepieces used to bang him too, or Trump badmouthed on of his precious TriBeCA/SoHo soirees or a dish at one of his restaurants.

Quite possibly, some of Trump's character traits that led to electoral success struck a little close to home to some traits that therapists have been working to eradicate in De Niro himself.

Whatever it is, I am confident it's more a matter of clashing egos than a matter of clash of heartfelt philosophies.

If nothing else, De Niro doesn't strike me as a philosopher, to say the least.
Nah, it's just Trump is categorically one of the biggest pieces of shit to ever hold the president office, but you have no morals or standards so you can't see beyond your two little feet.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up