ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>YTTV and VPN for out of network games
DrRyan 09:14 AM 07-24-2019
I asked the question in a cord cutting thread but didn't get a response. If Q and answered elsewhere break out the best of CP lexicon and fire away.

Has anyone used a VPN and YTTV as an alternative to Sunday Ticket? I just cut the DTV cord and am looking into options. What are all you cord cutters using to get out of network NFL games?

Reddit streams is certainly an option but has always taken trying several streams and is never a quick process getting the stream up and running in my experience in streaming MMA, boxing or other sports streams. Being the first year without ST I have not streamed any NFL games. Thanks for any suggestions.
[Reply]
yeti 05:07 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You can also use CBS all access, pay the $6 a month. Change your browser location. Hook up an hdmi cable to the TV and watch the same broadcast as the local KC market.

I used to live in Denver and did this last preseason and I got KC cbs. Everything was streaming nicely and then the actual game was blocked for me when it came on.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:17 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by yeti:
I used to live in Denver and did this last preseason and I got KC cbs. Everything was streaming nicely and then the actual game was blocked for me when it came on.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Seemed too good to be true.
[Reply]
Miles 02:25 PM 08-17-2019
Anyone know of a good location spoofer for youtube TV for either PC chrome browser or Android TV?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:17 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by yeti:
Really?? I used it in northwest Arkansas last year and never had an issue. I remember that game 1 wasn't playing there. They played the Texans instead. I opened my VPN, selected LA(couldn't get KC for some reason), opened CBS, there was the game.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:22 PM 08-19-2019
I'll tell you another little gem. It's not a legal streaming service, but it's really good. It's called GearsTV Reloaded. It's an IPTV service with a subscription cost of $19/ month for 1 device, $35 for 2, and $50 for 3. But, it has all of the movie channels, all of the cable channels, and all of the subscription services including Sunday Ticket. It also has all of the big markets local channels too. I just came across it last week and installed it. I was able to watch any preseason game that I wanted. It has a guide and a favorite list as well as a guide by genre.
[Reply]
yeti 05:27 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Really?? I used it in northwest Arkansas last year and never had an issue. I remember that game 1 wasn't playing there. They played the Texans instead. I opened my VPN, selected LA(couldn't get KC for some reason), opened CBS, there was the game.

It's possible I messed something up. I followed the directions that somebody on here posted and my browser said I was somewhere in Overland Park. I think it was game 1 last year that I tried this on so maybe that was the problem.
[Reply]
Fish 09:07 PM 08-19-2019
YoutubeTV requires your device to "Check in" to the home location every 6/9 months, or else it will disable local channels. It depends on what platform you're using regarding spoofing your location. I have my sister set up using my YoutubeTV in a different location on an Android device. It requires a GPS spoofer. I use this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kegps&hl=en_US

For her, every 6 months she has to use FakeGPS to fake redirect her address to KC to check in. Immediately after, she changes location back to her own location to get the local news channels for that location. In Android with YTTV, you have to unplug ethernet and use wifi + the Fake GPS app above to effectively spoof your location. It won't work over ethernet.

There are similar tricks with other OSes. Probably similar tricks for VPN.
[Reply]
jerban 10:25 PM 08-26-2019
The linear ACC Network will broadcast about 450 live events in its first year of life.

The Florida State Football Team has the honor of being first.

When at 2 p.m. on Sunday the No. 1 Seminoles (1-0) host No. 16 Wisconsin (1-0). It will be the first live match broadcast at the Seminole Soccer Complex through the airwaves of the brand new network started on Thursday night.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up