ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 41
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Media Center>Madden 20
Hammock Parties 07:36 PM 05-02-2019
Available on the PC again! Maybe I'll actually play it this year.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...e-of-franchise

Originally Posted by :
PREPARING FOR THE PROS

When talking and listening to players, we kept hearing that being a star of their own football story would be fantastic. With that in mind, we crafted Face of the Franchise: QB1, where the story is not only about you, but one where the choices you make matter.

It kicks off with creating yourself as a quarterback – even using “face editing” to get an improved likeness. Once you have your player, you begin in college, choosing from top schools to attend, then competing for a national championship in the college football playoffs. Be the BMOC and take home the title, but bring your A-game, because your performance in college – just like on the real collegiate gridiron – has an impact on your capabilities and your draft stock.

The NFL draft doesn’t just happen, though – the combine comes first. Ever-increasing in importance and scrutinization, the combine is a key part of the process. And here, if you want your stock to soar, you’ll need to focus on every rep and decision you make to keep your name rising on draft boards. Where will you get picked, and where will your NFL career start? You’ll find out on draft day!

IN THE LEAGUE

No matter where you get drafted – from first round to last – once a team picks you, you’re going to have to show you belong playing with the pros. Whether you’re a first-rounder who needs to prove you were the perfect high pick, or a seventh-rounder busting your ass to make the roster, if you want success you have to work hard and make each opportunity count.

In the NFL, start building your legacy and taking your franchise to winning seasons, expanding your legend with each snap. It’s not about the cash your contracts rack up, but about how many Super Bowls you win as your legend grows. Give your all – and have fun – as you play your way into memorable moments. When you celebrate your career at the end, will you be remembered among the greats, placed alongside them in the Hall of Fame?

As you live your superstar story, Madden’s new Scenario Engine generates personalized playable scenarios, events, and dynamic challenges that tell the tale of a unique NFL career. Adding to it, in Face of the Franchise: QB1, like in Franchise mode, you choose your Archetype: Strong Arm, Scrambler, Improviser, Field General. Superstar abilities are tied to the Archetype you pick. Levelling up your archetypes unlocks different abilities.

It’s time for you to take your place as the face of the franchise.

OTHER MADDEN FRANCHISE IMPROVEMENTS

While we heard fan feedback for a superstar experience, we also dove deep into the forums and reddit and worked with Gamechangers to round out Franchise mode in other ways, too. With that, here are a few more things to get you ready to break the huddle.

Pro Bowl Returns to Madden NFL 20

The first thing you’ll see while Madden NFL 20 sets up is the Pro Bowl. You can play the pro bowl while the game installs, and you will also have the opportunity to qualify for the Pro Bowl during your Franchise seasons. It’s another opportunity to gain valuable experience and add to your Legacy.

Ratings Spread

We’ve adjusted the range of ratings that you’ll see on players. What does this mean? As examples:

The ratings difference between a 90 OVR player and an 89 OVR player is now larger

Each skill point you spend will be more impactful, and you can earn more skill points over the course of a career

In some cases, you will now see a starter with an OVR in the mid-50s.

New Scenarios

We’ve added an all-new in-game system that generates personalized playable scenarios featuring interactions with characters via a variety of ways including branching dialogue, dynamic events that reflect your performance and choices, challenges that build the story of your unique NFL career (from the moment you sign your rookie contract to you Hall of Fame induction), and more.

Development Traits

We’ve made large updates to our Development Trait system to support Superstar and Zone abilities. The Development Traits in Madden 20 are: Normal, Star, Superstar, and Superstar X-Factor. Both Superstar and X-Factors players can earn Superstar Abilities, but only X-Factors can earn Zone Abilities. We’ve also addressed one of the communities’ biggest complaints: players dropping down in Development Trait. In Madden 20, players can no longer go down in Development Trait at the end of a season.

Coach Mode

Coach mode is also getting scenarios. And the changes to Development Traits have a big impact on Coach mode. Coaches will want to build up their teams with Superstars and X-Factor Superstars via Trades, free agency, and the draft. We’ve also added an overhauled lineup UI to make Franchise mode even smoother.

Contract Updates

We’ve taken a meticulous pass on existing player contracts to ensure they match the NFL. This will not only be more authentic, but it will also make managing your roster’s cap space more realistic.

Progression Updates

We’ve overhauled our progression tuning, including making changes to XP gains from weekly training, actions on the field, and goal completion. These changes should ultimately lead to users being able to increase the OVR of more players on their team meaning they have more option in how to develop their roster.

Draft Updates

We’ve taken a full pass on our Rookie Generators. People familiar with draft classes from the past few years are in for some new surprises, from names, to bodies, to ratings, and more.

One more draft surprise is that rookies with a Superstar Development or higher trait will have their development trait hidden until they’ve played through at least half of a season. These players have their abilities hidden until you reveal their Development Trait. This means that if you draft either a Superstar or an X-Factor Superstar you won’t know exactly what you’ve drafted until later in a season – use your preseason wisely.

Gameplay Effects Updated

We’ve implemented a ton of changes, like Throw Power overhauls to change QB trajectories. But that’s just one example! Tune in to our gameplay stream on 5/23 for more of the inside scoop on additions and changes you’ll find in Madden NFL 20.

[Reply]
Aspengc8 06:27 AM 08-30-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
ya I had no cap space at all to even sign draft picks so I cut Sammy Watkins and Eric Fisher. I did some cheesing to get Clark up to an 88 pretty quick with his 40 sacks for me but I paid Hill and Jones during the season. Jones didn't do anything because they can't get off of blocks on all madden but it is what it is.

I have to go into the next season with 48 players on the roster (lol).
Who did you sign to screw up the cap space? There's a amount reserved for rookies depending on the picks you have. I just won a superbowl with the stock roster, and I signed the big names to long deals and still had 18mil in cap room come free agency offseason. Now i can release Dirty Dan, Sherman, Wakins to free up a ton of money for Mahomes long deal. Watkins contract is terrible.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:40 AM 08-30-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Who did you sign to screw up the cap space? There's a amount reserved for rookies depending on the picks you have. I just won a superbowl with the stock roster, and I signed the big names to long deals and still had 18mil in cap room come free agency offseason. Now i can release Dirty Dan, Sherman, Wakins to free up a ton of money for Mahomes long deal. Watkins contract is terrible.
That contract is 100% designed for him to either be cut or sign a new deal after 2 years. It was him betting on himself that he could go back into the FA market at 26 and the Chiefs giving Mahomes weapons as a first time starter.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:42 AM 08-30-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
So there's a pretty broken money defense, even on all madden.

3-4 odd, pinch buck 0.

Pinch D line and have them attack outside, audible lbs to blitz all, secondary press coverage.

User a safety to cover for the 1.2 seconds it takes for the qb to be destroyed.

Darron Lee logged 12 sacks alone in one game, overall team sacked the qb 17 times and forced 5 interceptions. Its pretty hilarious. They literally never adjust playcalling.

If the go empty backfield, you just don't audible the coverage lb to blitz, and you cover that lbs man.

If you suspect the back may leak out, user the audibled blitzing lb, and if the back stays in, rush, and if not, cover. Qb still gets killed or throws terrible passes every time.

I held the opposite team to 9 total yards, -6 total offense. Hilarious.
Yeah it's similar to the one I use, Pinch Dog 2 Press out of 3-4 Odd. You base align, crash LBS in, then blitz all LBs. Same type of deal. Even on AllMadden, Darron Lee is the MVP of the league with like 65 sacks lol. And I don't even use it all the time (but often enough lol). And Dorian O'Daniel isn't far behind with probably 30-40 sacks from the opposite side.

If the QB throws quick, you can get beaten for a sizeable gain, so it comes with its risks. But I will try your play out. I'm sure it's better coverage.

Of course it's a huge bummer because once you figure out all these different plays on offense and defense, it completely trivializes the game. So I'm sure once I win the Super Bowl I'll be tired of the game and that'll be that. It's a shame EA sucks so much donkey dick.
[Reply]
Bump 01:49 PM 08-30-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
all I really did was resign Hill and Jones and tag Fuller during the offseason and had to make cuts to sign anybody.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:09 PM 08-30-2019
Ok something has been happening to me recently EVERY time that is clearly a glitch or something is just fucked up with my game but whenever I throw a bomb to a receiver (usually Tyreek) I switch to him after I throw the ball and I can't control him. The computer just makes Tyreek run off away from the ball and the AI intercepts the pass easily. It's fucking stupid as hell. Anyone else have this happen? I used to be able to control the receiver....had to have been after a patch recently or something.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:52 AM 08-31-2019
I'm loving this game, playing on all pro with realistic sliders is really good gameplay. Yes there is a lot of stupid shit that happens but it's a video game.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:34 AM 08-31-2019
When this game wants you to lose, it's nearly impossible to win. I was up on the Jets in the 4th quarter and all I had to do was run out the clock. I turned on conservative ball carrying and always held R1 to protect the ball. Still the game made me fumble the ball twice in the 4th quarter when that was the only way the computer could win. That's fucking dumb. I won't even mention all the other retarded things that happened.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:00 AM 08-31-2019
So, it's dog shit again? :-)
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:11 AM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
So, it's dog shit again? :-)
no just google realistic sliders and the game is fine.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 05:15 PM 09-02-2019
I take back everything positive I said about this game. This game is pure dog shit. I wish I had bought the physical copy so I could break it in half. It was fine playing test exhibition games but as soon as you start a cfm the game turns to shit
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:20 PM 09-03-2019

[Reply]
Bump 09:30 PM 09-03-2019
Ok this game is officially retarded. There's really no excuse for this lol.

Mercole Hardman, upset that he's the #4 WR in the NFL in yards, comes and complains and I tell him we'll get him more involved.

So the next game he has 7 catches, 210 yards and 3 TDs and now he is pissed off that I didn't get him more involved in the game. Says he was open out there but just wasn't getting the ball. "Why didn't you give me an opportunity, man?"

That's just pure shitty game development right there, why would shit like this even be in the game if nothing matters?

and he gets a -5 morale loss for his 7 catch, 200+ yard, 3 TD game.

"waaaaaah, I got offensive player of the week coach, waaaaaaaaaah, why you no get me invovles more? waaaaaaah"

The game developers know so little about football, they think that a 200 yard, 3 TD game is a bad game for a wide receiver.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:32 AM 09-04-2019
yep; I've basically stopped playing it. hell, I played MLB the Show 17 most of the weekend.

Though, I need to give MUT and Franchise a legit try. It's just frustrating as a CFM type gamer as that mode is just really bad. The game 'feels' totally different in CFM than it does in MUT; like there's a completely different coding approach (or whatever you would call it) to CFM, if that's even a thing.

I used to be a Franchise player, but the last few years I just don't have the time to grind out and focus on running a franchise.

I wish as a CFM player that during training and in games, you got graded on how you did your job. Training is infuriating. "Prevent the Offense from Scoring a TD" or "Prevent a 1st Down'....you do everything right as your CFM player, but fail the training because of some other dumb stuff your defense (whom you're not in control of) is doing. Performance points in games are basically tied to tackles (at least in terms of playing as a MLB or defender) or sacks. Not whether you did what you were supposed to do during the play. I gave up on playing CB last year as you earned more points by letting the WR catch the ball then tackling him, than you would if you shut down the WR completely.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:06 AM 09-04-2019
How is it possible that it's this bad still?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:09 AM 09-04-2019
i only play franchise mode but i am having a blast with this years game. I can't put it down. Me and my buddies have three different leagues, one we're qbs only, one we're a defensive player and the other is a full fantasy draft full game.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 41
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Up