ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>Brightburn. A horror Superman movie?
Coochie liquor 07:49 PM 12-08-2018
Saw the trailer for this and it looks pretty bad ass!!

[Reply]
Buehler445 01:04 PM 05-27-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It feels like a lot of the smaller movies these days like Brightburn and Booksmart just get plowed over by the bigger movies like Aladdin.

Saw Aladdin last night to a packed house. Out of curiosity clicked on a prime time showing of Booksmart and there were maybe 3-4 tickets sold.

Seems like most people just do a “wait for Netflix” for the smaller movies now.
That’s pretty much where I’m at. I’ll go to the theater for spectacle films but that’s pretty much it.
[Reply]
SAGA45 02:44 PM 05-27-2019
Just got back from seeing it:

Spoiler!

I really enjoyed it!
[Reply]
BigRichard 04:59 PM 05-27-2019
I really enjoyed it but the wife thought it wasn't that great. The wife seen something about Marvel Studio in the credits. I can't imagine this was associated with Marvel Studios.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:57 PM 05-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I really enjoyed it but the wife thought it wasn't that great. The wife seen something about Marvel Studio in the credits. I can't imagine this was associated with Marvel Studios.
I saw that too. It was just a "Special Thanks" shout out (the film credit equivalent of the Memo field on your check).
[Reply]
vailpass 06:29 PM 05-27-2019
It feels like a lot of the smaller movies these days like Brightburn and Booksmart just get plowed over by the bigger movies like Aladdin.

Saw Aladdin last night to a packed house. Out of curiosity clicked on a prime time showing of Booksmart and there were maybe 3-4 tickets sold.

Seems like most people just do a “wait for Netflix” for the smaller movies now.
Do you write for Forbes?:-)

“We know what's going on here. It's not that audiences are choosing to see Aladdin, John Wick 3 or Avengers: Endgame over Booksmart. It's that the audiences who have no interest in (or have already seen) those tentpoles/event movies are staying home instead of seeking out a different kind of movie. The general moviegoing audience that once saw both the big movies and the smaller movies (relatively speaking) has now turned to various at-home options (Netflix, cable, VOD, etc.) for their filmed entertainment needs. They see the biggest stuff in theaters, and everything else either waits for post-theatrical or gets ignored in favor of the next Netflix binge.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#6a7443aa249c
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:36 PM 05-27-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Do you write for Forbes?:-)

“We know what's going on here. It's not that audiences are choosing to see Aladdin, John Wick 3 or Avengers: Endgame over Booksmart. It's that the audiences who have no interest in (or have already seen) those tentpoles/event movies are staying home instead of seeking out a different kind of movie. The general moviegoing audience that once saw both the big movies and the smaller movies (relatively speaking) has now turned to various at-home options (Netflix, cable, VOD, etc.) for their filmed entertainment needs. They see the biggest stuff in theaters, and everything else either waits for post-theatrical or gets ignored in favor of the next Netflix binge.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#6a7443aa249c
Exactly.

The saddest thing is modern film viewing seems to have killed the adult themed R rated comedies like Hangover, Anchorman and Wedding Crashers.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:49 PM 09-01-2019
Checked it out last night, thought it was pretty cool and original... the last scene with mom was heavy

That kid is an excellent little actor
[Reply]
Valiant 07:46 PM 09-01-2019
Exactly.

The saddest thing is modern film viewing seems to have killed the adult themed R rated comedies like Hangover, Anchorman and Wedding Crashers.
What movies that came out for adult r comedies are being released? Dp2?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up