ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>New Netflix Series:Haunting of Hill House
Nzoner 07:28 AM 10-23-2018
I did four separate searches and nothing came up so sorry if somehow I missed a discussion on this.

Anyhow I'm 7 episodes in and loving this new series.NOTE if a discussion starts please use spoiler tags.

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:39 PM 10-26-2018
Exceeding my expectations so far, 7/10 episodes are down. Clever, well written, well filmed and well acted.

Massively better than most anything i've seen in its genre. Character driven horror and they've done a good job of creating depth for the characters.

It could be a little boring at times however as they develop the characters, but necessary.

This is what "American Horror Story" wishes it could be.

So far, i give it an A.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:24 PM 10-27-2018
I read an article about how they shot this. It's crazy what they pulled off in single takes imo
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:57 PM 10-27-2018
not a hard closer - same with Castle Rock - good start though.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:05 AM 10-30-2018
Episode 9 was awesome!
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 02:22 PM 10-30-2018
The part where they reveal
Spoiler!
was my favorite moment of the series. Ending was a little weak and long winded. Great story, FX and makeup were incredible. Solid B+
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:47 PM 10-30-2018
Didn't end the way i would've liked. Disappointed actually. The finale felt no different than episodes 1-9. The show never really took off the way i had hoped.

More horror, less mush-gushy crying shit.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:26 AM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
The part where they reveal
Spoiler!
was my favorite moment of the series. Ending was a little weak and long winded. Great story, FX and makeup were incredible. Solid B+
Agreed :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:14 AM 11-05-2018
It took me a couple episodes to really warm up to this, but once it got going I really enjoyed it. I agree that it got a little long winded towards the end, but it was still a highly enjoyable series as a whole. My favorite was the way it was filmed. The circular filming in the funeral home during the viewing was great. The slow zoom in as people told stories was really well done.

The whole Morticia vibe the mom was giving off was hawt :-)
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:56 AM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
It took me a couple episodes to really warm up to this, but once it got going I really enjoyed it. I agree that it got a little long winded towards the end, but it was still a highly enjoyable series as a whole. My favorite was the way it was filmed. The circular filming in the funeral home during the viewing was great. The slow zoom in as people told stories was really well done.

Agreed.

I had a hard time getting into it at first, but about episode 3 I finally "got it" and really enjoyed the rest.
[Reply]
loochy 07:39 AM 11-06-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Didn't end the way i would've liked. Disappointed actually. The finale felt no different than episodes 1-9. The show never really took off the way i had hoped.

More horror, less mush-gushy crying shit.
Yeah, I thought it was great up until the last episode and it's long winded, heartfelt, cliche filled, overly rosy monologues.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
loochy 07:40 AM 11-06-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Yeah, the mom was pretty hot and Theo was hot AF.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:32 AM 11-06-2018
Ended with a whimper, so...meh
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:53 AM 11-11-2018
Final episode didn't explain why the house was that way. Still enjoyed the show. I wonder if they'll do a season 2.
[Reply]
In58men 10:41 AM 11-13-2018
I love you Nell.

I would have taken care of you.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:21 PM 12-07-2018
Did you catch every ghost?

https://www.gamespot.com/videos/netf.../2300-6447027/

Did you get that the children were the stages of grief in order of birth?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up