Timothy Olyphant
Michael Madsen
Tim Roth
Dewey Crow as Manson

This is going to be one epic movie.

[Reply]
sully1983 08:27 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
it would have to be an R rated movie. You couldn’t make Tarantino do a PG-13 movie. That’s not him. They could negotiate something like no child molesters, no more than 50 ****s said, only 5 people die “gorely” but, this will be his last movie, he’s going to do it his way. So he will bend to Disney only so much.
Oh definitely agree there man. Tarantino would & SHOULD get final cut of his films . I would sooooo be intrigued by him doing a Star Trek film (not some Disney SW shit though) . The leads in ST are so much better than Poe/Finn/Rey / Kylo Ren imo. I think they struck gold with Chris Pine as Kirk & Quinto as Spock . Ditto on having the lovely & talented Zoe Saldana in that universe too. The possibilities are endless with the new ST universe (esp with Tarantino pitching an out of left field film idea) . Hope it happens.
[Reply]
Miles 11:56 PM 06-08-2018
The Tarantino redditt users are all saying he's made a couple of appearances at film festivals and Tarantino says 10 films is it, no more. So we got one more film after this one and thats it forever..... or is it.
For someone great like this I alway hope the “or is it.” He seems the type that would say he’s done and take some time off but get bored.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:10 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
For someone great like this I alway hope the “or is it.” He seems the type that would say he’s done and take some time off but get bored.
Agreed. Steven Soderbergh was saying he was retiring a few years ago, he’s directed a few things since that
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:18 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
I think they don't want to water down their the totality of their work. He's one of the best directors of his generation. So what if his 11th film isn't the same quality as Pulp Fiction? No matter what it is or about, its still going to be better than 99% of the movies released that year.
[Reply]
banecat 10:01 AM 06-09-2018
I think they don't want to water down their the totality of their work. He's one of the best directors of his generation. So what if his 11th film isn't the same quality as Pulp Fiction? No matter what it is or about, its still going to be better than 99% of the movies released that year.
It's just my opinion, but I see his work as getting better and better with each film that he makes. I still like Jackie Brown as my favorite. But Inglorious and Django are right up there with it. I need to see The Hateful Eight once I can find the three hours to commit to sitting down and watching it
[Reply]
beach tribe 06:17 PM 06-10-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Tarantino has single-handedly kept Michael Madsen's career alive.
I'm glad. Dude has been good in all his roles IMO.

Tarantino knows dude is bad ass. Keeps casting him although others don't/won't.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:15 PM 06-10-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
It's just my opinion, but I see his work as getting better and better with each film that he makes. I still like Jackie Brown as my favorite. But Inglorious and Django are right up there with it. I need to see The Hateful Eight once I can find the three hours to commit to sitting down and watching it
You should make the time this week. It's fucking phenomenal
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:23 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
You should make the time this week. It's fucking phenomenal
http://chiefsplanet.com/bb/showthread.php?t=293878

Here's a contemporary discussion.

I'd put H8ful near the bottom of Tarantino's resume, but that's because I have very high standards for Tarantino movies.

There was a time when I first started consciously switching from movie theater to home theater for movies, and I went a while without going to the movies. Opening night of Kill Bill was the first movie I went to the cinema to see in months maybe years. And it was the last movie I saw at the cinema until opening night . . . of Kill Bill II, to give you a perspective.

The cinematography of H8ful is beautiful, and the broad strokes of the story are fairly sound. But the narrative Tarantino wanted to convey combined with the close quarters of the setting made it overall into more of a Broadway play than a motion picture. The stories are vivid, but they are entirely exposition. It was a post-Civil War, big-dick contest version of sitting around the campfire telling ghost stories.

If your FAVORITE part of Pulp Fiction was Jules TELLING Vincent about the time Marcellus threw Tony Rocky Horror out a window for giving his wife a foot massage, this is an entire movie a lot like that scene.
[Reply]
banecat 12:54 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

I'd put H8ful near the bottom of Tarantino's resume, but that's because I have very high standards for Tarantino movies.

There was a time when I first started consciously switching from movie theater to home theater for movies, and I went a while without going to the movies. Opening night of Kill Bill was the first movie I went to the cinema to see in months maybe years. And it was the last movie I saw at the cinema until opening night . . . of Kill Bill II, to give you a perspective.

The cinematography of H8ful is beautiful, and the broad strokes of the story are fairly sound. But the narrative Tarantino wanted to convey combined with the close quarters of the setting made it overall into more of a Broadway play than a motion picture. The stories are vivid, but they are entirely exposition. It was a post-Civil War, big-dick contest version of sitting around the campfire telling ghost stories.

If your FAVORITE part of Pulp Fiction was Jules TELLING Vincent about the time Marcellus threw Tony Rocky Horror out a window for giving his wife a foot massage, this is an entire movie a lot like that scene.
There's the chance that he passed himself, and is trying way too hard now. He may have peaked with Inglorious. Django was really good, but it could and should've probably ended before it did. It had enough points where it could have after he kills almost everyone in the big house. And it could've ended right there as well
[Reply]
Predarat 09:36 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

If you got to be in one of the lucky towns with the Roadshow, it was awesome. To the programs, the movie just starting with no previews or commercials, the Overture, the 70mm, the intermission, the soundtrack, it was a unique experience.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:17 PM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by Predarat:
If you got to be in one of the lucky towns with the Roadshow, it was awesome. To the programs, the movie just starting with no previews or commercials, the Overture, the 70mm, the intermission, the soundtrack, it was a unique experience.
Same process here. Part of the unique experience. It was fantastic in 70mm.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:09 PM 08-06-2018

Here's your first look at Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate in #OnceUponATimeInHollywood. https://t.co/rgOSbqmCMC

— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) August 6, 2018

[Reply]
vailpass 02:38 PM 08-06-2018
You should make the time this week. It's ****ing phenomenal
Meh.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:49 PM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Meh.
To each his own I guess, but I'm about as big a Tarantino fan as you'll find(I rank PF as the #1 film of all time)and I loved H8.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:15 PM 08-06-2018
To each his own I guess, but I'm about as big a Tarantino fan as you'll find(I rank PF as the #1 film of all time)and I loved H8.
With you there. I dig everything QT has made. H8 being my least liked among them not that it’s not very much worth watching. It is.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 22
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up