ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>GameStop business model is dying
007 03:38 PM 06-14-2019
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/06...-lowest-point/

Starting to wonder if I should use the rest of my gift cards. Was planning to use them when ps5 dropped.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:54 AM 06-17-2019
Better yet most gaming models need to die “here is a 60 buck game but make sure to buy season pass every two months for more DLC”

Nah pass fam

I’ll wait for steam sale, just got borderlands 2 and all DLC for 6 bucks yesterday
[Reply]
vailpass 09:59 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Better yet most gaming models need to die “here is a 60 buck game but make sure to buy season pass every two months for more DLC”

Nah pass fam

I’ll wait for steam sale, just got borderlands 2 and all DLC for 6 bucks yesterday
Good idea but it won't work for teenagers or adults who still game like teenagers. My sons have to have it when it's hot so they can play with everyone else.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:32 AM 06-17-2019
It will last a few more years but they'll start closing locations as there are gamestops everywhere. There's just honestly nothing they can do, that business model is outdated as people would rather just buy things digitally as it's easier.

However for game models changing, as long as people pay for season passes and DLC's that will not go away as it's an easy way to make extra money.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:38 AM 06-17-2019
Tower Records

BlockBuster

GameStop
[Reply]
Fishpicker 05:18 PM 06-17-2019
I used to buy steam wallet currency at GS. but now it is sold at every gocery store and some convenience stores
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:25 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Tower Records

BlockBuster

GameStop
We need to compile a list of every business the internet and streaming/instant download has killed off.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:35 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
We need to compile a list of every business the internet and streaming/instant download has killed off.
Unfortunately, that would be a long sonofabitch.
[Reply]
notorious 06-17-2019, 08:34 PM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
007 04:15 PM 09-04-2019
Death becomes her
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:07 PM 09-04-2019
Good idea but it won't work for teenagers or adults who still game like teenagers. My sons have to have it when it's hot so they can play with everyone else.
You pick your battles, some things you buy upon release and most others are wait for a sale/deep sale/freebie. :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 05:51 PM 09-05-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Death becomes her
Ooooh. Good one. I watch that every time it’s on.

Willis plays such a good miserable cuck.

Streep is great too.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 06:04 PM 09-07-2019
Tower Records

BlockBuster

GameStop
Yep. It's actually a shame. Where do you go to talk with other fans of your interest? Online forums, I guess but it's not the same as loitering in a store too long so you can just keep talking about how to get through every level of Demons Souls.

Back in the PS3 days when digital downloads were barely 8% of sales we were talking about this and how GameStop and retailers would be edged out completely eventually.

Think the only way Gamestop can survive is to either as other things like...food? comic books? Merge with Hot Topic? Something to become a destination, like install a mini MLG tournament setup or something.
[Reply]
scho63 03:49 AM 09-08-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/06...-lowest-point/

Starting to wonder if I should use the rest of my gift cards. Was planning to use them when ps5 dropped.
I would either use them ASAP or give them away to others as gifts to people who share your passion for gaming.

They will be gone in 18-24 months at most OR they will go the Red Box route
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up