ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 15
« First < 51112131415
Media Center>Cutting Cable.
Dunit35 01:17 PM 12-19-2018
I know there are already several threads but I’m adding to it.

Our DTV bill is about to go up $60 a month to $133. We’re looking at cutting cable. We’d like to add Hulu live TV, netflix, and MLB.TV. I know I can stream all three through my Xbox. It looks like I won’t have AMC, NFL Network or NBC. NFL Network I can stream the Thursday night games through my xbox.

How is the quality? We have to upgrade our internet to unlimited for an extra $20/month. Provider said we’d also get faster speeds.
Does anyone have MLB.Tv and use it through your Xbox?
What about DVR services?

It looks like I can get all three for around $64 a month.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:44 PM 11-15-2019
Looks like Hulu is bumping their Live TV price by $10. Time to look into YouTube TV more seriously...
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 02:00 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Looks like Hulu is bumping their Live TV price by $10. Time to look into YouTube TV more seriously...
Just got that email too. I did a quick look into YouTube TV, looks like most of the channels are the same, the ones that are missing I have on another service I use called Philo TV. (which is also a great value FWIW) So my channels would stay virtually the same. However due to my wife watching a few Hulu series we would have to at least maintain the non-live Hulu(we'd just keep the Disney+ bundle w/o live tv) after running the numbers my bill would change by $1 by switching.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:38 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Do most of you do the LIVE versions on the streaming services due to sports? That's the only thing keeping me on the live versions of anything.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:24 PM 11-18-2019
It's worth it to me. I put up an antenna, hooked it up to a USB tuner on my PC and bought the lifetime subscription of Plex, so my locals are free. I have Hulu and Spotify bundled for $10/ month. Philo is $20, Disney plus is free because I have Verizon, and I have CBS all access for $6. That's way cheaper than my Dish was. Internet is $50/ month, but I was paying for that anyway, so I don't really factor it in to the cost.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:26 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Do most of you do the LIVE versions on the streaming services due to sports? That's the only thing keeping me on the live versions of anything.
Mostly. I still watch a handful of network shows as well, which I could probably live without but are nice to have.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:26 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Live versions are fine for sports. I used them before I got my antenna. A few seconds delay, but that's the only issue.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:37 AM 11-25-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
I pay $60 per month for the exact same service. It normally would cost $85. You got a good deal. I have to call in every year to keep mine where is at. I wish att would offer something comparable to force Cox to lower rates. DSL just can't keep up with cable.
I don't know if I shared on here but I signed up with ATT Uverse internet after having Cox for years. After about 3 weeks when I saw my first bill and realized ATT was not giving me the price they promised, I went back to Cox. Well, I did call them and try to get them to give me the price they said but they wouldn't budge. So I told them to come and get their !@#$. Cox, when they heard my story were more than happy to give me this deal. So I guess it worked out in the end. Perhaps you should try that. :-)
[Reply]
RustShack 10:21 PM 11-26-2019
I pay 49.99 a month for spectrum internet, my most recent speed test gave me download speed of 236mbps. I’d personally say it’s better than the google fiber and mediacom I’ve had in the past, and defiantly cheaper.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 06:02 AM 11-30-2019
I have been using hulu live for a year. With the price hike, I subscribed to youtube tv. I really like youtube better, yet it keeps getting stuck during commercials and have to restart the app. Anyone else have this problem?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:32 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
I have been using hulu live for a year. With the price hike, I subscribed to youtube tv. I really like youtube better, yet it keeps getting stuck during commercials and have to restart the app. Anyone else have this problem?
You shouldn't be having that issue. Reinstall the app.

What device are you using?
[Reply]
rocknrolla 06:57 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You shouldn't be having that issue. Reinstall the app.

What device are you using?
I am using Roku
[Reply]
DaFace 07:52 PM 11-30-2019
I tried it out for a few days and had the same issue on Roku. Haven't decided if I'll try it again when my Hulu sub is up in a month.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 08:16 PM 11-30-2019
It only seems to be on VOD.
[Reply]
Fish 08:46 AM 12-02-2019
I use YoutubeTV on every device except Roku, and have never seen that issue. Not a fan of the Roku.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 15
« First < 51112131415
Up