ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who wins the RB3 job?
staylor26 09:22 AM 05-02-2024
Veach seemed to indicated the plan is to let the 2 UDFAs battle it out with Ingram and Prince.

Emani Bailey
Carson Steele
Keaonte Ingram
Deneric Prince

Who wins?
[Reply]
Hoover 10:45 AM 05-02-2024
And I’m sorry, bringing back CEH was a mistake and will cost us at some point next season. Just because Clyde didn’t suck last year didn’t mean we should bring him back. I’ve never seen a RB go down so easily after initial contact or run down from behind.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:48 AM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:
And I’m sorry, bringing back CEH was a mistake and will cost us at some point next season. Just because Clyde didn’t suck last year didn’t mean we should bring him back. I’ve never seen a RB go down so easily after initial contact or run down from behind.
If he hadn't been brought back we'd literally have 1 RB right now...
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:48 AM 05-02-2024
Prince or Ingram probably have the most upside but Prince doesn’t seem to have a good feel for the game and he doesn’t use his size. I’d guess that Ingram would be the favorite. Ingram is a 220 lbs back that ran a 4.5 40 and has good experience at usc and Texas, a highly recruited back. He flashed for the cards at times but hasn’t been able to put it all together.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 10:55 AM 05-02-2024
I like Matt Breida as a McKinnon replacement. He could experience a similar career revival with the chiefs like jet did.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:58 AM 05-02-2024
He changed his style a fair bit this year. I'm pretty sure at the coaches behest. He's not trying to hit homeruns anymore, no more dancing, whatever. Just go. He's not here to rack up huge yards and be a weapon. Just go get the tough yards.

And he did a fine job of that. And I've always been comfortable with him catching the ball.

I wish we had better talent to push him off, but it's hard for me to take it from the WR or secondary rooms.
[Reply]
-King- 12:58 PM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If he hadn't been brought back we'd literally have 1 RB right now...
Or they would have picked someone up or drafted someone...?

Hopefully Bailey can take the 2nd RB spot. Don't really care who's RB3 but CEH shouldn't be RB2 for sure.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:02 PM 05-02-2024
When you have the opportunity to bring back a 3.2 YPC bruiser who can run into the back of his line and be stuffed for 2 yard gains, you take it.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:02 PM 05-02-2024
It wasn't a mistake if they were bringing him back as the #3. Since it seems like they are counting on him to be the #2, that would be the mistake. If Pacheco goes down, it's going to be very difficult if CEH is all we have left. I don't think they're planning to let our new rugby player do anything but return kicks this year, but who knows, he might shock them and earn some playing time.

There will always be guys on the street, and I'm sure that's their logic here. Let the young guys fight it out and if none of them look like they can handle a real role, you'll probably see someone brought in.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:28 PM 05-02-2024
What happened to Ealy? ...I liked him in the draft that year and was stoked we grabbed him as UDFA.
[Reply]
Balto 02:01 PM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You can see this so much on his tape. He’s also very shifty and quick. Kinda Kareem Hunt like.

He’s the classic case of bad testing but plays faster type guy.

Will be really fun to see in camp
I still think players should do Combine and Pro Day workouts in full pads. 1000% more accurate if you ask me.
[Reply]
Balto 02:02 PM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
Could we trade for Derrick Henry?
He'd be a good RB3.

.......Prince or Ingram. Battle it out in camp/preseason.
Probably won't happen because the Ravens would need a new QB2.
[Reply]
tyton75 02:05 PM 05-02-2024
Not sure if he'll be RB3 or our new FB, but I would be willing to bet that Steele makes the roster unless he has no Pass Pro ability.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:08 PM 05-02-2024
I think Bailey has a real shot at it if he buckles down and works his tail off at camp. His last year in college was better than any year Pacheco had and his physical and mental traits look solid.

Carson Steele looks like a very good fullback in waiting imo. I hope Andy develops him there because if everything goes right I think he could be a Kyke Juszczyk type of guy moving forward.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:11 PM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
When you have the opportunity to bring back a 3.2 YPC bruiser who can run into the back of his line and be stuffed for 2 yard gains, you take it.
Fine, simply save him for the post-season where he averaged 4.8.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:00 PM 05-02-2024
Define “cost us”? As in we’ll lose a game we would’ve won if he wasn’t in there and some other relatively random guy was? Because I’m not sure any backup RB has that much power on a team as offensively stacked as this one.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up