ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Linebackers coaching...
T-post Tom 03:01 PM 10-14-2019
Good? Bad? Irrelevant?

Matt House will begin his first season as Linebackers Coach for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2019. Before joining the Chiefs staff, House served on the University of Kentucky staff for three seasons (2016-18), the latter two as Defensive Coordinator/Insider Linebackers Coach. House’s defenses anchored a Kentucky team that reached three-straight bowl games for the first time since 2007 through 2009 and culminated in a 27-24 victory over Penn State in the 2019 Camping World Bowl. In his first year with the Wildcats, House served as the Special Teams Coordinator/Inside Linebackers Coach. Before his time in Lexington, Kentucky, House spent time as a Defensive Coordinator at Pittsburgh (2012-14) and Florida International (2015). Before his college experiences, House spent four seasons in the NFL as Defensive Quality Control/Assistant Linebackers Coach for the St. Louis Rams (2009-11) and Special Teams/Strength and Conditioning Assistant for the Carolina Panthers (2008).

Britt Reid enters his seventh season with the Chiefs in 2019 and will serve as the Linebackers/Outside Linebackers Coach. Reid spent the previous three seasons as the Defensive Line Coach (2016-18). Under Reid’s guidance, Chiefs DL Chris Jones earned the AFC’s Defensive Player of the Month award for the month of October last season and had an NFL record streak of 11 consecutive games with at least 1.0 sack. Reid has also served as Assistant Defensive Line Coach (2015) and Defensive Quality Control Coach (2013-14) for the Chiefs. Prior to joining Kansas City, Reid spent three seasons at Temple University (2010-12) working with the offense. In 2009, he was a training camp coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles, and in 2008, he was an assistant offensive line coach at St. Joseph’s Preparatory in Philadelphia.

Education: *Temple University (B.A. 2012).
Born: San Francisco, Calif.
Family: Wife - Kristen. Son - Maverick and Daughters - Somers and Saylor.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 03:35 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
No shit, Sherlock? How about you try to do something to GIX IT.
Fix gix to fix.
[Reply]
493rd 03:35 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Spags says he has the personnel for his scheme. I just think the excuse of oh it will take time to learn the defense is an excuse for him just being a shitty DC
I think you’re right about him being a shitty coordinator. But having a guy like Devin Bush wouldn’t hurt either.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:35 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by MightyMouse:
I can’t blame spags at this point and it’s silly for anyone too. He isn’t gonna say the players are a bunch of liquid diarrhea because it’s what he’s got to work with. He has tried to be aggressive and he had guys in good spots yesterday that just failed miserably to make a tackle. What would you do if your d line can’t Win? The only answer is bring help from the back which he tries at time but then you need some corners to play man. A lot went into yesterday’s loss but honestly everything changed after the picked up Kelce call and Reid failed as a HC and play calling as well. Spags is pretty far down the list of blame right now.
Really?

We changed our whole defensive scheme and brought in 7 new defensive starters to fix this shit...and it's fucking WORSE...and that's NOT Spags' fault?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:36 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Fix gix to fix.
Heh. Autocorrect failed me there.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:48 PM 10-14-2019
I would sit Lees ass on the bench. Start Ragland and he’ll maybe even play DOD
[Reply]
ping2000 04:55 PM 10-14-2019
We have linebackers? Are those the guys that get run over every play? They are coached by someone to do that? Was wondering if they had another purpose.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:06 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Previously successful players and coaches come to KC and automatically suck. It's remarkable.
:-)

Clark and Mathieu were pro bowlers, weren't they?
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:29 PM 10-14-2019
Fundamentally, Clark is playing better than our other DL starters. Apparently, I didn't know this at the time) he was nursing a groin injury since before preseason. He re-injured it against the Colts. This may be a problem going forward, but we don't have word, or rather, I don't have any news on the severity of the injury.

Matthieu has been playing well since the Ravens game. He just can't be everywhere all the time.

As for our LB corps, I simply can't believe they are this bad. When House was signed I was actually pretty excited about the move. I thought he'd be able to turn this group around. He definitely has the resume for it. I feel like our LBs are no better than last year, and maybe even worse than last year, though I have no idea how that's possible.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:31 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Fundamentally, Clark is playing better than our other DL starters. Apparently, I didn't know this at the time) he was nursing a groin injury since before preseason. He re-injured it against the Colts. This may be a problem going forward, but we don't have word, or rather, I don't have any news on the severity of the injury.

Matthieu has been playing well since the Ravens game. He just can't be everywhere all the time.
Clark playing with a sore groin would explain a lot if that is indeed the case.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:33 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Clark playing with a sore groin would explain a lot if that is indeed the case.
According to the coaching staff, he definitely hurt it late in the game against the Colts. He came back into the game after sitting out for awhile, but you could see him limping a bit when he came off the field after taking that breather.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:38 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
According to the coaching staff, he definitely hurt it late in the game against the Colts. He came back into the game after sitting out for awhile, but you could see him limping a bit when he came off the field after taking that breather.
Oh well I thought you mean he has been nursing a groin all season.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:42 PM 10-14-2019
Just an FYI as a group. We have the worst LB unit in the league statistically
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:43 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by 493rd:
I think you’re right about him being a shitty coordinator. But having a guy like Devin Bush wouldn’t hurt either.
It was hard watching the Steelers last night against the Chargers. They made run defense look effortless. Nothing to it. They had the Chargers bottled up all night long. Looked like they have 15 players on the field. Chiefs look like they have 8 on the defense when they are on the field.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:47 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Oh well I thought you mean he has been nursing a groin all season.
It's possible that he has been. I just don't have, or haven't seen anything that says he definitely had a groin injury in the preseason.

It would explain some things though. After week 2, I re-watched that game, and then watched several game highlights of Clark from 2018, and he seemed significantly slower. And his gait seemed 'clunkier' this season vs. last season. His spin move from last season was much tighter and faster than anything he's done this season.

I had a groin injury in college while playing soccer; it hurts like a b*tch. I can't imagine playing at the NFL level with a serious groin injury. Just running in a straight line is pretty damn painful. Trying to move laterally is kind of scary actually.

I speculate that his injury must've been relatively minor at the beginning of the season, otherwise I can't believe he could do what he was doing for the first 4 weeks.

Anyway, if you just look at his play from weeks 1, 2, and 3 and then look at his mobility this Sunday, it's obvious he's moving slower and with more difficulty.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:48 PM 10-14-2019
We have the worst LB core in the league that's on Veach
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up