ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What the Chiefs have become is so frustrating
Mecca 10:06 AM 10-14-2019
Watching a team that can't get off the field on defense as the opponent is very content to hand off and attack the short passing game vs the LB's We end up watching a game where the opponent doubles up the TOP and runs about 90 plays.

Then when the Chiefs get the ball you know if there is one fuckup this shit is over. Offensive shootouts are fun but watching all these games where the opposing team has constantly 10+ play drives to the point of going for 4th downs is just so frustrating to watch.

After yesterday I really felt like I wasted my time, and Mahomes almost feels like an afterthought because he is legit never on the field.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:30 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
The fact they did the same ****ing running play the entire game makes it even worse.
And they KNEW it was coming, and still couldn't do a fucking thing about it.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:30 AM 10-14-2019
And Houston doesn't rock some awesome OL, Watson is in the top 5 for being sacked and holds the ball forever and we still did fuck all.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:30 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
And they KNEW it was coming, and still couldn't do a ****ing thing about it.
That’s because they aren’t rotating anyone in. Nnadi played 76 snaps yesterday!!
[Reply]
Mecca 10:31 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
That’s because they aren’t rotating anyone in. Nnadi played 76 snaps yesterday!!
No rotation is saving a defense so bad it plays 92 snaps.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:34 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Lets be real, why is Dave Toub still here? When he first got hired our specials mattered, we saw return TD's and big plays..

Now all we see is penalties.
When he got here, we had more depth, so blocking was better on STs. Oh, Tyreek Hill was his returner from 2015-2017.

Without Devin Hester or Tyreek Hill handling the return game, Toub looks like some random scrub/JAG who happens to be friends with Reid.
[Reply]
FAX 10:36 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Mahomes is under pressure nearly every time he drops back.

They get in this pattern where they feel like they have to rely on Mahomes to make some miraculous play.

They had a drive yesterday that was more short passes and methodical. They should be doing that more especially with the oline in shambles right now.
Excellent point, of course, Mr. Deberg_1990.

By "gagged", I mean sitting on the sideline. I could also mention the fact that Hardman and Robinson seem to be psyched out over the last couple of outings. They are not catching the ball when it hits them in their hands.

That's also a little gaggy.

FAX
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:37 AM 10-14-2019
I miss DJ. Our run defense has sucked ever since he left. I would play Sorenson more and take out scrub Niemann. Also would play Ragland.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:38 AM 10-14-2019
Who the fuck is left to rotate in? Jones, Williams, and Speaks are out, 2 of then for the season.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:38 AM 10-14-2019
I miss DJ. Our run defense has sucked ever since he left. I would play Sorenson more and take out scrub Niemann. Also would play Ragland.
None of our LBs matter, it doesn't matter who plays, they all suck ass.
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:39 AM 10-14-2019
There is a frustrating issue with the Reid-era Chiefs. First off, it's important to note that our regular season record under Reid has been fantastic -- only an idiot would argue otherwise. The issue I have is that almost all of the Reid-era losses -- regular season but especially post-season is that we get dominated physically in the trenches. That's probably true for most other teams as well, but I don't think it is to our degree. We don't give games away like other teams do -- when we get beat, we're dominated -- especially, on the offensive line. And there doesn't seem to be any accountability there -- Andy Heck's lines suck in the playoffs.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:40 AM 10-14-2019
None of our LBs matter, it doesn't matter who plays, they all suck ass.
Ragland is suppose to be the best vs the run but he only played 7 snaps yesterday
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:42 AM 10-14-2019
What's crazy is that there's teams that are actually worse on run defense.

Everytime they say, "Chiefs are 30th in the league against the run" im like, "WTF, how the fuck is there two teams WORSE?"
[Reply]
Mecca 10:42 AM 10-14-2019
Ragland is suppose to be the best vs the run but he only played 7 snaps yesterday
Yea because when Houston wasn't running they were using multiple TE sets to keep the base defense on the field. They then ran plays to isolate the LBs in their zone coverages. Hopkins caught numerous balls in LB zone.

Basically if you showed them nickel they would run, if you stayed in base because of that personnel they were going to isolate the LB's short zones all day. Mixed in some deep shots and they kicked the shit out of the Chiefs.

Will Fuller has any semblance of hands and he goes for 150 and 3 and they win that game something like 41-24.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:44 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
What's crazy is that there's teams that are actually worse on run defense.

Everytime they say, "Chiefs are 30th in the league against the run" im like, "WTF, how the **** is there two teams WORSE?"
Which teams are those?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:51 AM 10-14-2019
Also I don't think I've ever seen a more undisciplined team, the offense has flags constantly then the defense does...

**** I hope we never return any kicks or punts because theres a flag every ****ing time.
Come on, man. When do we start calling bullshit on some of these penalties? If there wasn’t an agenda yesterday, then it was flat out incompetence.

At least two of the defensive holds called yesterday were on plays with literally no contact. The excuse for picking up the flag after the interception was bogus (Ball wasn’t released yet). What an absurdly handled situation that was.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up