ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Ownership and fan base is what is wrong with this team.
13and3 08:56 AM 10-14-2019
Hot take. The Chiefs fan base is what is wrong with this team.
Pressure from media and fan base is why we don't have Marcus Peters, Kareem Hunt and almost lost Tyreek hill. Pressure from the media led fan base is why we again have to completely start over from a 3-4 to 4-3 defense and got rid of Dee Ford and multiple draft picks and paid Frank Clark the money we should of paid Chris Jones. We were only a good corner and linebacker away from having an improved the defense from last year. We molly wopped the Colts in the divisional round and was only one play from the superbowl the next game. We could of just changed the d coordinator and added a player or two not changed the whole freakin scheme. We have changed head coaches, gms, coordinators, players 20 plus times since the 70s only constant is ownership and the fickle,impatient, intolerant fanbase it caters too that always wants some one fired
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:21 AM 10-14-2019
13and3 is 0 and 1 on this topic.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:21 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

Probably because they've priced out the real fans.
and how.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:23 AM 10-14-2019
Wow. I knew I was powerful however not THAT powerful. If management is making decisions based on the contents of this message board or the media, then things are much worse than they appear. I would like to see Clark Hunt make some sort of statement about the current state of the team. They sure aren't playing like a SuperBowl contender.
[Reply]
13and3 09:23 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The organization, right now they is Reid and Veach.
See, you said right now? Im saying for the past 50 years what has been the problem? The constant? If I were renting houses in a low income neighborhood for the past 50 years my customer base would be a little trashy, so would my maintenance men so would my company as a whole. If i rented apartments in Johnson county I would have a good customer base and better maintenance men. The whole organization is ran ultimately by the ownership and fan base i.e. customers and how they feed and interact off of each other.
[Reply]
Redbled 09:23 AM 10-14-2019
Fans wanted no part of Ford anymore. They could not forgive him. He has tons more impact than Clark yet we essentially swapped a 1st for a 2nd to exchange them. Both moves look bad now.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:24 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by 13and3:
See, youbsaid right now? Im saying for the past 50 years what has been the problem? The constant? If I were renting houses in a low income neighborhood for the past 50 years my customer base would be a little trashy, so would my maintenance men so would my company as a whole. If i rented apartments in Johnson county I would have a good customer base and better maintenance men. The whole organization is ran ultimately by the ownership and fan base i.e. customers and how they feed and interact off of each other.
So we should just move on and not be fans anymore is that the solution?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:25 AM 10-14-2019
To be honest I understand Houston and Ford but Peters and Hunt should still be here and who knows maybe we'd have a GM that could draft worth a shit.
I can understand Houston, because he apparently wasn't willing to accept a reasonable deal, but I don't understand Ford. He should've been here for at least one more year. He was arguably the best pass rusher in the league last year, and now we have zero pass rush.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:26 AM 10-14-2019
I can understand Houston, because he apparently wasn't willing to accept a reasonable deal, but I don't understand Ford. He should've been here for at least one more year.
I don't think they felt they could bring him back after the offside, lots of fans blamed him.

Just like Peters and Hunt for PR...
[Reply]
hometeam 09:30 AM 10-14-2019
Step Brothers Turd Licking GIF from Stepbrothers GIFs

[Reply]
13and3 09:31 AM 10-14-2019
We wanted Herm fired, after we asked him to rebuild that shitty roster. He rebuilt it with young talent then we bring in Pioli and Todd and they win the division barley. But in the midst of it they got rid of alot of the talent we spent the years before acquiring. Going from a 4-3 to a 3-4 again. How about when we ran Vermeil out of town after the no punt playoff against the colts? Could he have done better the next year? Im already hearing fire Andy, someone has to be accountable. Why cant we hold ourselves the fan base and media accountable for the pressure we apply to make rash decisions from year to year?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:33 AM 10-14-2019
It wasn't that loud. In fact, Arrowhead is rarely 1/10th as loud as in the glory days.

Probably because they've priced out the real fans.
It’s not like it used to be, but it’s not an excuse for the performance of the team. That’s my point.

Put a decent defense out there that we have faith can get a key stop, and I’ll bet it’ll be even louder.

Success on the field creates passionate fans in the seats. Shit, look at the Royals games in 2015 vs now. It’s up to the organization to be successful and get the fans excited. It is not the fans’ responsibility to be supportive regardless of the product on the field.

That’s why I never criticize fair weather fans.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:33 AM 10-14-2019
To be honest I understand Houston and Ford but Peters and Hunt should still be here and who knows maybe we'd have a GM that could draft worth a shit.
Peters is a burning grease fire of a human who attacked a coach, threatened the team bus driver's life, slapped his mom in front of NFL security, and more than once quit on his team in the field of play.

**** him. So glad he's gone. Hate his wanna-be-thug-thug guts.
[Reply]
13and3 09:33 AM 10-14-2019
I don't think they felt they could bring him back after the offside, lots of fans blamed him.

Just like Peters and Hunt for PR...
This is my point. PR. Which is a simple way of pacifying the fan base in the immediate future with no eye toward long term strategy or outlook
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 09:34 AM 10-14-2019
Fucking idiot.
[Reply]
bobbything 09:34 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by 13and3:
We wanted Herm fired, after we asked him to rebuild that shitty roster. He rebuilt it with young talent then we bring in Pioli and Todd and they win the division barley. But in the midst of it they got rid of alot of the talent we spent the years before acquiring. Going from a 4-3 to a 3-4 again. How about when we ran Vermeil out of town after the no punt playoff against the colts? Could he have done better the next year? Im already hearing fire Andy, someone has to be accountable. Why cant we hold ourselves the fan base and media accountable for the pressure we apply to make rash decisions from year to year?
What are you talking about? Vermeil stayed two more seasons after that game. He retired after the 05 season because he knew the window had closed.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up