ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Texans knew our line protection call on strip sack
RunKC 08:48 AM 10-14-2019
A rookie in his 6th game knew our protection call. All you can do is laugh

Originally Posted by :
“I knew their line movements,” Omenihu said following the game. “I knew their slide and knew what it was going to be. When they said a certain word, I knew I was going to be rushing one-on-one with the center. So, I knew I had a chance to convert, but I was playing run the whole time.

“So, I extended out and when I felt it was soft, I flipped my head up support and pulled my hips in and started running. I saw the quarterback. I knew the short distance to get to him. And just happened to make that play.”
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019...mpression=true
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 08:51 AM 10-14-2019
That again......is poor fucking coaching!
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:53 AM 10-14-2019
Way to go Andy. That goes for both Reid and Heck.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:55 AM 10-14-2019
Mixing in some sweeps and getting the screen game going early enabled us to move the ball and score. We were up 17-3.

The minute we went back to our 40-yard vertical route running offense behind the worst offensive line in the NFL we got pummeled.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:57 AM 10-14-2019
It sucks. But in Reid's long coaching career this is hardly something I worry about.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:58 AM 10-14-2019
This team is obsessed with this idea that we're gonna run 5 guys into the route 40 yards downfield, this shit is why Mahomes keeps getting hit and why we are sucking ass.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:01 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Way to go Andy. That goes for both Reid and Heck.
Supposedly two of the "best" in the league at Oline.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:01 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This team is obsessed with this idea that we're gonna run 5 guys into the route 40 yards downfield, this shit is why Mahomes keeps getting hit and why we are sucking ass.
I’ve asked it in multiple threads so far now for two weeks.

Where the fuck is all the misdirection? That’s what will open up our run game. That will open up our intermediate and short throws.

Reid is calling plays like he’s a 7 year old with Mahomes and Hill. Deep bombs over and over.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:03 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’ve asked it in multiple threads so far now for two weeks.

Where the fuck is all the misdirection? That’s what will open up our run game. That will open up our intermediate and short throws.

Reid is calling plays like he’s a 7 year old with Mahomes and Hill. Deep bombs over and over.
When your OL looks like this with a QB with a bad ankle why are we not seeing more 2 backs? 2 TE's, max protect?

Oh yea because you think you can do whatever you want regardless, I remember Al Saunders thought that with Jordan Black too, it's a great idea.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:05 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
When your OL looks like this with a QB with a bad ankle why are we not seeing more 2 backs? 2 TE's, max protect?

Oh yea because you think you can do whatever you want regardless, I remember Al Saunders thought that with Jordan Black too, it's a great idea.
I don't think I even saw Sherman at all yesterday.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:06 AM 10-14-2019
Ya'll straight up don't know what you're talking about.

1. The Chiefs went to a short passing game when they took the lead in the second half.

2. They stuck with it when they got the ball back, but Kelce got raped.

3. On the ensuing possession they called a screen pass that got thrown for a loss, and then ran it.

They have issues no matter the play call right now.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:07 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Ya'll straight up don't know what you're talking about.

1. The Chiefs went to a short passing game when they took the lead in the second half.

2. They stuck with it when they got the ball back, but Kelce got raped.

3. On the ensuing possession they called a screen pass that got thrown for a loss, and then ran it.

They have issues no matter the play call right now.
Did they run any screens the second half?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:09 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Did they run any screens the second half?
They tried one that ended up in a 4 yard loss and also a holding penalty.

This team needs to stop with all the penalties, as much as I think some of them are BS it's insane how many we have every game.

Also Dave Toub, I've had enough, special teams is constantly full of fail.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:10 AM 10-14-2019
How the fuck do you not move the ball with Phillip Gaines out there?

Christ
[Reply]
Meatloaf 09:11 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I don't think I even saw Sherman at all yesterday.
NWO, Sherman has an injury. My sense is they just decided not to risk further injury and sat him.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up