ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Happy Columbus Day! Things to do if you are off
tooge 08:02 AM 10-14-2019
Happy Columbus day all. Since we are celebrating the guy that sailed out from Spain, looking for India and China, and landed in the Bahamas, where he introduced smallpox, used slavery on the natives, and then took some of them home as slaves along with some of their gold, what are you going to do to celebrate?

I thought I'd roam around the neighborhood up the road from me. Stop at the first house I see. Take a shit in their yard. Give them my chest cold. Help myself to a beer in the garage. Bring their kids back to my place and have them rake up my leaves. That should about to do it.

Happy Columbus Day
[Reply]
MahiMike 12:12 PM 10-14-2019
I built a shed. My back is killing me.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:13 PM 10-14-2019
if you have today off you are a fucking asshole anyway

fitting holiday
[Reply]
Fish 12:15 PM 10-14-2019
Sail across Longview Lake for some ol' rape and plunder. Declare ownership...
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 12:16 PM 10-14-2019
Try to discover a run defense.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:18 PM 10-14-2019
If you have time go down to the border and say your are sorry to all that are looking in
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:20 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
Don't forget Bankers!
a.k.a. the hidden hand
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:21 PM 10-14-2019
Practice your tomahawk chop form.
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:43 PM 10-14-2019
Perfect day for genocide...amirite..
[Reply]
srvy 02:01 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Columbus was a real piece of shit. This fuck shouldn’t be celebrated.

[Reply]
2bikemike 02:06 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
if you have today off you are a ****ing asshole anyway

fitting holiday
Wait what? Today is my normal day off. Gotta work the next 7 days before I get another.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 02:09 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Try to discover a run defense.
Or offense.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:14 PM 10-14-2019
I've always been curious what the alternative to Columbus and western exploration is. I can come up with three scenarios.

1. China or some Asian country eventually explores and colonizes. (Outcomes: same as today, but with Asians.)

2. Somehow everyone leaves the natives alone as sovereign nations and trades with them. (Outcome: same outbreak of massive disease and we likely end up with either an Africa-style third world in North America, or the natives adopt technology and eventually become a sparsely populated Finland-type country. I guess the natives would be rich, right? Actually, now that I think about it, the natives would be the equivalent of Saudi Arabia because they'd sell resources to Europe in massive quantities.)

3. Everyone treats the western hemisphere like a big national park or like the Sentinel Islands? No contact, no use of resources, etc., and the Natives continue to build wigwams and hunt buffalo, and maybe discover iron at some point. (Outcomes: Yeah, I guess it would be cool, but I don't see it happening. We do it with Antarctica, but Antarctica is not exactly colonization-ready.)

If you don't like Columbus, what do you think would've happened if he had not shown up, or if Isabella had not wanted gold or ginger or more catholics? I think our timeline was more or less inevitable. And I also think we should've done the same thing to Saudi Arabia.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:16 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Or offense.
Offense hasn't bene great because of injuries.

Defense just sucks.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 02:29 PM 10-14-2019
I don't get the day off however, I'm always a little off anyways...
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:13 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
...Defense just sucks.
Another Columbus Day....same story.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up