Nzoner's Game Room>More carries for Shady
lewdog 04:56 PM 10-13-2019
Why the fuck not?

5.4 YPC. Speed looks decent.

What am I missing?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:19 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That is because NFL coaches haven't adapted yet. Because fans like all of you freak out when they lose.

Mahomes is still completing 66% of his passes. If it dips below 60% then that is of concern, but we may need to help him out by utilizing our short pass game more often. We've done quite a bit less of it this year than in the past, I would imagine to suit Mahomes strength.

When you have a defense like we have, the last thing you want to do is run the ball. If you had a Bears, Pats, Saints defense your point would be more valid.
You are a stone cold MORON.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:21 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
You are a stone cold MORON.
He has no concern for the fact that Mahomes is injured and this dumbass mentality he shares with Andy is the exact reason WHY he's injured.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:22 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
They don't NEED a 50/50 balance.

Again 82 passes and 19 rushes over 8 quarters that were almost always within 7 points is beyond imbalance. It's asinine.

Good lord, I'd be happy with 65/35. It would at least slow the pass rush down a little bit so they're not smashing the shit out of our future.
I'd agree with that.

I'd say anything more than 70/30 will have diminishing returns; as we pretty much can only run when we catch them sleeping on it.

But that along with a healthy dose of screens and short, quick passes would keep Mahomes upright.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:22 PM 10-13-2019
No, it's because your position is stupid. You don't understand why variety in offense is a good thing. You want to drop back pass every play and that's exactly what IS NOT WORKING. You want to double down on the exact thing that's HURTING the chiefs right now.

Why did their offense score on their first second half possession?? They ran the ****ing ball and it created uncertainty. When did they go 3 and out? When they dropped back 3 times and threw 3 incomplete passes.

KC had at least one drive that was 11 seconds. GTFO.

Running the ball helps the passing game be more efficient and opens up other options in the passing game to create BIG PLAYS.

You're not smarter than every NFL coach dumbass, even if you think you are.
As it is, you are indicating that we pass the ball too much and we can't pass very well because we don't run enough. Okay, let's take a step back and see how efficient we are on both sides of the ball.

We average about 9.0 yards per passing play (while dismissing the run I might add as you acknowledge). We average 4.0 yards per rushing play. And you are telling me you want to run MORE? The run game even has the benefit of surprising the defenses because they are so scared shitless because of Mahomes. And our average yards per rushing play is STILL 4.0. And you guys want to run more?

Mind boggling really.

It would be one thing if our average was just high due to some really long bombs and Mahomes comp pct was in the 50's. But it isn't.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:24 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'd agree with that.

I'd say anything more than 70/30 will have diminishing returns; as we pretty much can only run when we catch them sleeping on it.

But that along with a healthy dose of screens and short, quick passes would keep Mahomes upright.
KC ran the ball effectively today and Andy actively chose to not diversify his offense and instead ask his injured OL and injured QB to drop back pass over and over.

It's not just the running either. Where is the creativity? Past 3 weeks KC is running less screens, less misdirection, less running plays, less presnap motion.

I don't know what the hell is going on. IT's like he threw training wheels on the passing offense but still wants to pass 45 times a game.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:25 PM 10-13-2019
KC ran the ball effectively today and Andy actively chose to not diversify his offense and instead ask his injured OL and injured QB to drop back pass over and over.

It's not just the running either. Where is the creativity? Past 3 weeks KC is running less screens, less misdirection, less running plays, less presnap motion.

I don't know what the hell is going on. IT's like he threw training wheels on the passing offense but still wants to pass 45 times a game.
How effective do you think we would be running the ball if we did it 50% of the time instead of our current ratio?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:26 PM 10-13-2019
As it is, you are indicating that we pass the ball too much and we can't pass very well because we don't run enough. Okay, let's take a step back and see how efficient we are on both sides of the ball.

We average about 9.0 yards per passing play (while dismissing the run I might add as you acknowledge). We average 4.0 yards per rushing play. And you are telling me you want to run MORE? The run game even has the benefit of surprising the defenses because they are so scared shitless because of Mahomes. And our average yards per rushing play is STILL 4.0. And you guys want to run more?

Mind boggling really.

It would be one thing if our average was just high due to some really long bombs and Mahomes comp pct was in the 50's. But it isn't.
Passing always gains more yards than running.

My point is clearly too abstract for you to consider. Don't worry about it.

You're smarter than every coach. No NFL team should ever run, play fake, or misdirect. Let's toss screens out too.

Hell, teams should just run 4 verticals on every play! The Bwillie offense! I'm sure the highly paid players and coaches trying to stop the opponent will never figure it out! Why haven't you been hired yet? Brilliant!

Hurry and tell Belichick he has no idea how to coach football.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:28 PM 10-13-2019
How effective do you think we would be running the ball if we did it 50% of the time instead of our current ratio?
82 passes to 19 runs is retarded. I'm not ASKING for 50/50. I"m just saying 80/20 doesn't and never has worked. Ever. You just think you're smarter than every NFL coach to ever exist. Maybe humble yourself a tad.

Explaining why this is a bad idea is like explaining velco to a mentally handicapped toddler. IT's simple, but I can't expect you to figure it out.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:30 PM 10-13-2019
Passing always gains more yards than running.

My point is clearly too abstract for you to consider. Don't worry about it.

You're smarter than every coach. No NFL team should ever run, play fake, or misdirect. Let's toss screens out too.

Hell, teams should just run 4 verticals on every play! The Bwillie offense! I'm sure the highly paid players and coaches trying to stop the opponent will never figure it out! Why haven't you been hired yet? Brilliant!

Hurry and tell Belichick he has no idea how to coach football.
Remember when no coaches went for it 20 years ago on 4th down? Were they right then? The game is evolving. It will continue to evolve.
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:31 PM 10-13-2019
Remember when no coaches went for it 20 years ago on 4th down? Were they right then? The game is evolving. It will continue to evolve.
You clearly don’t get it. Just take a seat on this one
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 05:32 PM 10-13-2019
Shotgun handoffs...because 10% of the time they work everytime
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 05:33 PM 10-13-2019
I'm okay with all of our runnin backs. They all have their moments. Feed 'em the ball and save Mahomes' ankle.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:37 PM 10-13-2019
You run the ball to make the defense THINK. Thinking makes them slower. That opens up the passing game, because the defenders are reading and reacting instead of just coming hot.

If you haven't played at an organized level, then I guess the whole analytics thing makes sense. If you have played then you understand that the running game is essential to being a winning football team. And no, it doesn't have to be 50/50, but it does have to be significant to work. 35%-40% of the time would probably be optimal. At least 30% for this team as it's currently constructed with the injuries we have.

10% obviously isn't a winning formula.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 05:41 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
We are never going to have 50-50 balance, but we ****ed ourselves by not finding some balance. We found some nice gains running the ball today. Of course, running what we did late on 2nd and 14 was next to completely brain dead. We just need to find more consistency in the run game. Defenses don’t even need to scheme for the run against us anymore, because we are refusing to even try and find a balance. Not to mention, it’s placing our FRANCHISE QB in a regrettable position health wise.
I wonder if Andy doesn’t trust what he has at rb. We really need a guy defenses have to worry about. But too many holes on defense and the offensive line.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:03 PM 10-13-2019

I had assumed it was due to offensive line limitations.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up