Nzoner's Game Room>More carries for Shady
lewdog 04:56 PM 10-13-2019
Why the fuck not?

5.4 YPC. Speed looks decent.

What am I missing?
[Reply]
eDave 05:03 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I am praying tonight that Andy reads CP and sees this.

:-)
I'LL FIGHT HIM TOO.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:04 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Why do you want to try to score less effectively? Mahomes ankle is the biggest issue. He's not right and he can't run around when the play breaks down like he used to. It's also leading to more sacks and mistakes. We need to get him healthy and look at the big picture.
Well, when we pass on 90% of our offensive plays, that's causing teams to send more defensive players and hit Patrick much more than they would if they respected the run. Running the ball helps Patrick out too.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:04 PM 10-13-2019
What do you think we are averaging through the air?
This isn't the big 12.

NOBODY wins by throwing 80% of the time in the NFL. That's reality.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 05:05 PM 10-13-2019
They have to run the ball more.
[Reply]
eDave 05:05 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
They have to run the ball more.
GREAT TAKE.
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:07 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
This isn't the big 12.

I really wonder if our fans have gone full retard because they have forgotten how you consistently win NFL games.

Hint: it’s not launching the ball 75% of the time with an injured QB and an OL with AIDS
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 05:08 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'LL FIGHT HIM TOO.
he’ll eat you
[Reply]
BWillie 05:09 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
This isn't the big 12.

That is because NFL coaches haven't adapted yet. Because fans like all of you freak out when they lose.

Mahomes is still completing 66% of his passes. If it dips below 60% then that is of concern, but we may need to help him out by utilizing our short pass game more often. We've done quite a bit less of it this year than in the past, I would imagine to suit Mahomes strength.

When you have a defense like we have, the last thing you want to do is run the ball. If you had a Bears, Pats, Saints defense your point would be more valid.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:09 PM 10-13-2019
That is because NFL coaches haven't adapted yet. Because fans like all of you freak out when they lose.

Mahomes is still completing 66% of his passes. If it dips below 60% then that is of concern, but we may need to help him out by utilizing our short pass game more often. We've done quite a bit less of it this year than in the past, I would imagine to suit Mahomes strength.

When you have a defense like we have, the last thing you want to do is run the ball. If you had a Bears, Pats, Saints defense your point would be more valid.
No, it's because your position is stupid. You don't understand why variety in offense is a good thing. You want to drop back pass every play and that's exactly what IS NOT WORKING. You want to double down on the exact thing that's HURTING the chiefs right now.

Why did their offense score on their first second half possession?? They ran the ****ing ball and it created uncertainty. When did they go 3 and out? When they dropped back 3 times and threw 3 incomplete passes.

KC had at least one drive that was 11 seconds. GTFO.

Running the ball helps the passing game be more efficient and opens up other options in the passing game to create BIG PLAYS.

You're not smarter than every NFL coach dumbass, even if you think you are.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:13 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I really wonder if our fans have gone full retard because they have forgotten how you consistently win NFL games.

Hint: it’s not launching the ball 75% of the time with an injured QB and an OL with AIDS
That's true.

It's also true that we should run the ball MORE, but I don't think we CAN run the ball anywhere near to being BALANCED. The run works for us mostly because it's unexpected.

This offensive line is...well, offensive.

We don't control the line of scrimmage at all on either side. They're incredibly weak.

In the WC offensive scheme, screens and dumps are considered extended hand-offs, which I'm fine with.

I have no idea why we got away from the screen game when it was working so well.

Reid is a good offensive mind, but sometimes he's very frustrating.

I'd like to see a lot of screens and draws, and I agree that Shady should be featured more. How's that?

I don't agree that we can line up and pound the rock at all with any authority whatsoever, although I dearly wish we could.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:14 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
That's true.

It's also true that we should run the ball MORE, but I don't think we CAN run the ball anywhere near to being BALANCED. The run works for us mostly because it's unexpected.

We don't control the line of scrimmage at all on either side. They're incredibly weak.

In the WC offensive scheme, screens and dumps are considered extended hand-offs, which I'm fine with.

I have no idea why we got away from the screen game when it was working so well.

I'd like to see a lot of screens and draws, and I agree that Shady should be featured more. How's that?

I don't agree that we can line up and pound the rock at all with any authority whatsoever, although I dearly wish we could.
They don't NEED a 50/50 balance.

Again 82 passes and 19 rushes over 8 quarters that were almost always within 7 points is beyond imbalance. It's asinine.

Good lord, I'd be happy with 65/35. It would at least slow the pass rush down a little bit so they're not smashing the shit out of our future.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 05:17 PM 10-13-2019
Andy needs to give up playcalling!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:18 PM 10-13-2019
Our line sucks and can't block.
This xAIDS
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:18 PM 10-13-2019
Our line sucks and can't block.
This xAIDS.
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:18 PM 10-13-2019
That's true.

We are never going to have 50-50 balance, but we fucked ourselves by not finding some balance. We found some nice gains running the ball today. Of course, running what we did late on 2nd and 14 was next to completely brain dead. We just need to find more consistency in the run game. Defenses don’t even need to scheme for the run against us anymore, because we are refusing to even try and find a balance. Not to mention, it’s placing our FRANCHISE QB in a regrettable position health wise.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up