ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So...this one is DEFINITELY on the run defense.
rabblerouser 01:58 PM 10-13-2019
Just awful.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:17 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Our run D wasn't good in the first place, and now we're missing Jones and Hitchens. I'm not sure what people expected.
Jones being out is just a massive loss for us. We played 8 in the box the majority of the game and still got pushed around.

This defense is soft.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:28 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This defense is soft.
And it's been that way since at least 1999. Things looked like they were maybe starting to turn around some in the Jags game and the 2nd half of the Raiders game, but now it's back to the same shit we've shat through with Gunther/Robinson/Gunther/Romeo/Sutton. That's a lot of years, and a lot of player and coach turnover, to keep seeing the same issues pop up over and over and over with tackling/intensity/lack of key plays. I always thought it was a culture thing, and hoped adding some successful players from successful programs would help turn things around, but it seems more like guys like Clark and Mathieu are getting dragged down rather than lifting up.

Maybe it's just a reflection of ownership and coaching, although Reid did have some good Ds in Philly.
[Reply]
TEX 03:48 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Good post and you’re exactly right. It comes down to execution and the Chiefs aren’t doing it. We had our chances today and blew them just like last week.
You people are all fucking crazy to blame the offense. Yep, had a turnover in the red zone. Shit happens on occassion. The defense, in particular the run defense is, consistently terrible. That is the a constant varriable with the Chiefs and that's the difference between winning and losing. Look at the T.O.P and see how much longer the Texans had the ball. Look how many rushing yards the Chiefs gave up again. Some of you are blind as fuck.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 03:49 PM 10-13-2019
Same thing as last week.

KC's averaging 6 yards a rush and Andy passes at a 4-1 rate. Mahomes takes a ton of hits, hurts his ankle. Opponents runs on every down knowing Kc gives you 5 yards free on every play.

Then there was Andy's massive end of half blunder. Don't get me started on THAT.

Andy needs to get the **** out of his team's way.

Also, Spags is awful. Huge mistake on that hire. I said it when it happened and I'm convinced. This is basically G-rob's defense.

It's not just about 'blame the offense or the defense'. The offensive playcalling is a HUGE problem right now. Andy did this in 2017 and 2016 as well. Remember in 2017 when KC went on a losing streak and Andy just ignored his potential running game? I do.

This

Is

Not

The

Big

He needs to get his shit together or bench himself from calling plays like he did in 2016 and 17.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 03:53 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
You people are all ****ing crazy to blame the offense. Yep, had a turnover in the red zone. Shit happens on occassion. The defense, in particular the run defense is, consistently terrible. That is the a constant varriable with the Chiefs and that's the difference between winning and losing. Look at the T.O.P and see how much longer the Texans had the ball. Look how many rushing yards the Chiefs gave up again. Some of you are blind as ****.
KC averaged 6 yards a rush and ran what? 9 times?

That's a BIG FUCKING CONTRIBUTOR to the TOP imbalance just like it was last week.

NO excuse about it not being effective either. It WAS effective and he still tried to throw every down.
[Reply]
scho63 11:34 PM 10-13-2019
How can an offense find a rhythm when they are off the field for such long stretches of time?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:53 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
How can an offense find a rhythm when they are off the field for such long stretches of time?
People who never played don't understand that.

The Texans set a franchise record for extended drives yesterday with 6 drives of 10 or more plays.

They've never done that in the history of the entire franchise.

This defense is historically bad.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 07:06 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Not sure what was worse -- our D-line or our O-line. Doesn't really matter what happens with the D-line -- we can't beat good teams with this O-line. It may be the worst in the league.
It's not just the Dline, its the entire front 7 having issues. Not once has a ILB shot a gap ala DJ used to runs.
[Reply]
bobbything 07:11 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by bdlangton:
What about the offense scoring 7 points in the last three quarters?
Would have had at least 3 more had the officials not botched the call when Mahomes threw that interception. Apparently Kelce was the target and never got there.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:33 PM 10-14-2019

[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:53 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
WOW.
[Reply]
carlos3652 02:39 PM 10-14-2019
Interesting Stat... our Rushing defense improved to 5.2 yards per carry... same as Green Bay Packers.

Guys... its getting better.. remember when it was 6+ yards per carry?
[Reply]
arrwheader 02:44 PM 10-14-2019
You know here's a thought to counter this run the ball blue print. How about we do the same thing run run run kill the clock as well, the other team would likely eventually panick and stop that shit because we can score quickly at anytime.

Control the game don't let them control it, make that decision for them.

Run the fucking ball Andy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:48 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
Interesting Stat... our Rushing defense improved to 5.2 yards per carry... same as Green Bay Packers.

Guys... its getting better.. remember when it was 6+ yards per carry?
Last week it was only 4.0 ypc I was elated!

We need to learn to tackle the receivers and linemen on every play that should help a lot. Mugging the shit out of the Offense is allowed. Also it wouldn't hurt to tackle the ball carrier too!
[Reply]
13and3 04:34 PM 10-14-2019
What run defense? I didn't see a run defense, this team has a run defense?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up