ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Unified Government evicts KC T-Bones
srvy 03:40 PM 08-19-2019
https://fox4kc.com/2019/08/19/unifie...iled-payments/

The Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas is evicting the Kansas City T-Bones baseball team from the Community America Ball Park in Village West.

The UG says the team defaulted on agreed upon payments to both the UG and Board of Public Utilities.

The UG said the eviction letter was sent on Friday and has ordered the baseball team to leave the stadium and remove all of its property by Friday, Sept. 13 at 5 p.m.

Looks like T Bones days are numbered.
[Reply]
srvy 05:05 PM 08-19-2019
I suppose the could move to Satchel Paige Park but I suspect they will dissolve debt is to great.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:10 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
After Ken Harvey was eaten by the tarp at Kaufmann, he had a short tenor with the T Bones I believe.
So he had a Pavarotti?
[Reply]
srvy 05:30 PM 08-19-2019
Petro tweeted an article I suspect has more info from the KC Star but you know persona non grata. No way I post that!
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 05:31 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
After Ken Harvey was eaten by the tarp at Kaufmann, he had a short tenor with the T Bones I believe.
Harvey was likely a baritone.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:34 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Seems like they were a hot ticket back in the day before the Royals got good.

But lately, not so much.

How good is the league they play in? Comparable to Double
A? Maybe Duncan can chime in?
Alot of old burnt out guys usually. Probably A ball-ish. When I was a kid I saw Darryl Strawberry play for the St Paul Saints against the Sioux City Explorers. He almost hit the interstate on a homer.

This was when he was still at the tail end of his career, and he hit .435 with a 1.45 OPS . He did get picked back up by the Yankees later that year and was back in the league. If I recall, he was only down there due to his drug problem.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:34 PM 08-19-2019
I was actually a bat boy for the T Bones. Even in middle school, I could tell that those players weren’t very good.

Occasionally, a pitcher would come along that could throw in the high 80’s or low 90’s. Those guys got snatched up by Major League affiliated minor league teams pretty quick. Most of the pitchers were throwing in the high 70’s to low 80’s.

David Segui played for them for awhile. He was in the majors for awhile. Also, a local guy. He went to St Patrick’s on 96th and State Ave and Bishop Ward High School.

I’m not too surprised to this happened. One of my work associates hosted a party there a couple years back. The stands were pretty much empty. When the novelty wore off, there was really no draw. KC is a small market with a major league team that always has cheap tickets. No real reason to ever go to a T Bones game more than once.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:36 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Seems like they were a hot ticket back in the day before the Royals got good.

But lately, not so much.

How good is the league they play in? Comparable to Double
A? Maybe Duncan can chime in?
I think it’s closer to small college ball. Well below Major League affiliated Minor League ball.

Definitely nowhere near Division I Baseball either.

Think of the better NAIA teams ability-wise, but with burnt out guys on the downhill side of their careers instead of kids with limited ceilings.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:40 PM 08-19-2019
Where are Terrance Gore & Bubba Starling going to play in a couple of years? They need the T-Bones.
[Reply]
kc rush 08:47 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
It means families now take their kids to soccer games Sporting KC. Something happened I really dont know what local sportscasts used to give a little time to the T Bones now nada zilch.
TV sports have almost no time. Much of the sports radio mentions were part of an advertising package.
[Reply]
wazu 08:52 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
No way

A ball maybe
I’d say worse. We could probably get a ChiefsPlanet team together and have a chance at beating them.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:53 PM 08-19-2019
Summer College Baseball leagues are the way to go if you can't get a MLB affiliated minor league team. No player salaries = more profit for owners. Plus you get the prime attendance months June, July and early August.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:53 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I was actually a bat boy for the T Bones. Even in middle school, I could tell that those players weren’t very good.

Occasionally, a pitcher would come along that could throw in the high 80’s or low 90’s. Those guys got snatched up by Major League affiliated minor league teams pretty quick. Most of the pitchers were throwing in the high 70’s to low 80’s.

David Segui played for them for awhile. He was in the majors for awhile. Also, a local guy. He went to St Patrick’s on 96th and State Ave and Bishop Ward High School.

I’m not too surprised to this happened. One of my work associates hosted a party there a couple years back. The stands were pretty much empty. When the novelty wore off, there was really no draw. KC is a small market with a major league team that always has cheap tickets. No real reason to ever go to a T Bones game more than once.
I think that's it... there's too much to do in KC, and there's already a far superior product to get your baseball fix (even if they are a bottom 5 team in MLB).

The Fargo Redhawks play in the same division as the T-Bones, and they are pretty successful in attendance, and that's for a city a fraction the size of the KC metro.
[Reply]
oldman 09:44 AM 08-20-2019
I thought they were billed as between A and AA at one time. I can tell you that except for a couple seasons, they were a lot more fun to watch than the Royals over the last 20 years. And it was a lot cheaper.
I know they're trying to sell the team, but I don't know how far that's gotten.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:59 AM 08-20-2019
No they were never more fun than the Royals. The quality of the baseball is dreadful. Bad baseball is unwatchable. I went to 2 games on freebies, and I got ripped of
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:25 PM 10-14-2019
Ballpark was padlocked today
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up