ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Busted ankle and Opioids
Holladay 02:26 PM 03-14-2019
My big dogs were playing with me while I was on a sheet of ice. Boom goes the dynamite!

Surgery, plates and screws. I have a bottle of Oxycodone 5 mg x 42 pills. 1 pill every 4 hrs.

The day after op, I was popping them like candy. Helped a bit. 3 days after, 1 per 3.5 hrs. 6 days post op I will take 2-3 for the whole day. Wakeup, Bedtime and a misc.

So the question is how does a person become addicted to these suckers?

I still have 5 more weeks in the cast, then 2-4 in a boot.

Tomorrow, I'll see if just ibuprofen 200 mg will do.

Do they use get high? Trips? Or is there pseudo pain that people use to feel better?
[Reply]
BWillie 07:00 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Are you kidding? Those things make you feel amazing. When I got my wisdom teeth out I was popping one every 2 hours or so and when I stopped I got the worst headache I've ever had in my life.
They do? They make me feel like shit unless I have pain. They make me very tired and woozy. I don't really understand why you would want to take them if you weren't in pain.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:01 PM 03-14-2019
I only take them recreationally. Taking them for pain seems like a job.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:04 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I only take them recreationally. Taking them for pain seems like a job.
My personal favorite recreational sport. Hooverin' friday night flintstones.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:15 PM 03-14-2019
Medical marijuana is what you need. Fuck those pills. (You can send them my way to dispose of them properly)
[Reply]
ghak99 10:25 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
Several years ago, I pulled something in my lower back. It hurt so bad that I couldn't even stand up straight. I was hunched over like an 80 year old man, even though I was around 30 at the time.

I ended up taking a combination of hydrocodone (painkiller) and flexeril (muscle relaxer) for about 2 weeks. Those pills worked so great it was almost scary. I got the deepest, most peaceful sleep I've ever had in my life. Even though I personally didn't feel the slightest bit addicted, I can see how other people could get hooked.

I stopped taking the pills as soon as I could because the opioids mess with your digestive system. My intestines were so backed up that you could see it on an x-ray.
This was my experience, minus the log jam.

I went from not functioning at all or even being able to get off the floor and walk without help and serious spasms to a dull pain I could manage enough to care for myself. When the spasms stopped and the pain decreased to a dull manageable pain I just quit taking them. I will say I have never in my life slept better than I did on Hydrocodone. Insanely good sleep, but never a feeling of addiction.

On the other hand, I have a friend who I'm pretty sure can relapse at the mere sight of a prescription bottle. Having very different personalities, upbringings, and genetic backgrounds surely plays a part in it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:40 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Medical marijuana is what you need. **** those pills. (You can send them my way to dispose of them properly)
Not once has weed ever taken away my pain.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:50 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
They do? They make me feel like shit unless I have pain. They make me very tired and woozy. I don't really understand why you would want to take them if you weren't in pain.
What a stupid ass statement, "They do?". Nah man everyone that takes them feels like shit after they do. That's why opiates are probably the most addictive group of drugs there is. Ya know, cuz people like to feel like shit.

How many times have you taken hydro or oxy? Was it on an empty stomach?
[Reply]
YontsRBake 11:08 PM 03-14-2019
If people ITT are looking for an alternative to opioids for pain, I’d suggest looking into Kratom.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:24 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by :
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwwataz View Post
Agreed. I've been on two 10/325 hydrocodone 3xday in conjunction with 800mg gabapentin 3-4xday, 2 8mg hydromorphone on the really bad days because of (multiple) nagging injuries from one accident. Essentially, long story short, I was in an attic doing ductwork and stepped on a stud that wasn't nailed in properly. I'm 6'1 188 before the fat jokes start. Anyway, needless to say, I wasn't in the attic anymore when all was said and done. I ****ed up my neck, back, hips, and SI joints. I have over a dozen injections, nerve blocks, have had hip surgery and had my pelvis fused to my spine on my left side. It's looking like my right side will be done too. I've been doing PT 2-3x week for nearly two years as well- The fall was 3/20/17

To answer your question, I don't take them to get high. Even being on the dosages I've been on for 1.5 years and have never once taken more than prescribed. That said, after about a month I'd start getting "dope sick" if I went any longer than about 18 hours without taking something. This is nasty shit and I cannot wait until the day that I can start tapering down and then eventually off.

While I personally don't like the sedation I feel on a fairly regular basis (I don't even drink mind you) I can absolutely see how this stuff can hook you. Just be careful whenever they throw this shit at you, which is done far too often by far too many doctors.
Goodness. This sounds like a horrible ordeal.
Holy Smokes. I will quit being a pansy and pissing in my cheerios. In my case a broken ankle child's play in comparison.

In my little experience (after I didn't bounce, I slept over night with 3 broken ankle bones with a little ibuprofen) I can compartmentalize the pain in a box and put it in a corner of my brain. Even with my small issue, it is DRAINING...physically and mentally.

I can't imagine nor want to try to imagine your situation!! I guess pain and the interpretation of pain is different and malleable to each person.

Hats off to you!

Originally Posted by :
opioids mess with your digestive system. My intestines were so backed up that you could see it on an x-ray.
The Doc warned me about that. After 2 days of being clogged up, I started eating 2-3 apples per day. It didn't take too long for Mt. Vesuvius to erupt.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 11:52 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Holy Smokes. I will quit being a pansy and pissing in my cheerios. In my case a broken ankle child's play in comparison.

In my little experience (after I didn't bounce, I slept over night with 3 broken ankle bones with a little ibuprofen) I can compartmentalize the pain in a box and put it in a corner of my brain. Even with my small issue, it is DRAINING...physically and mentally.

I can't imagine nor want to try to imagine your situation!! I guess pain and the interpretation of pain is different and malleable to each person.

Hats off to you!

The Doc warned me about that. After 2 days of being clogged up, I started eating 2-3 apples per day. It didn't take too long for Mt. Vesuvius to erupt.
It's a shitty situation for sure but it is getting better, albeit incredibly slow because this is going through worker's comp. It wasn't meant to come off as a pissing contest though if it seemed that way.

I've broken my ankle too.. That shit hurts. Really fucking hurts. I absolutely took the Vicodin they prescribed me. I think, like you, it was something like 5-7 days?
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 11:59 PM 03-14-2019
Oh, I'd actually missed the 200mg ibuprofen comment at the end of your op... They do make 800mg that your doc could call in, or alternatively you could take up to 4 of the 200s at once twice a day. I've found those to be useful over the years for my various breaks, sprains, the time I dislocated/separated/tore rotator cuff, and aches from rupturing one, and partially tearing another, ligament in the same ankle I broke once and sprained several times afterwards. Aleve also works wonders man once the initial pain subsides

Side note- my ankle became permanently weak after I broke it at 13. I've seriously rolled/sprained my ankle walking in a straight line because it's still, 22 years later, so weak. So do be prepared for that possibility
[Reply]
Munson 12:01 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Holladay:
I took some milk of magnesia to clear out the log jam.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 12:03 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
I took some milk of magnesia to clear out the log jam.
I take senakot every few days to help move things along. I also drink a shit ton of water, which helps hydrate your stools.
[Reply]
Holladay 12:36 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by :
It wasn't meant to come off as a pissing contest
None taken. Just an observation like if I'm pissing in my cheerios on a down day, I thank God that I wasn't born in Ethiopia. It is an attitude adjuster. Frame of mind.

You, like me, are optimists. That is a positive life path.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:40 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
Oh, I'd actually missed the 200mg ibuprofen comment at the end of your op... They do make 800mg that your doc could call in, or alternatively you could take up to 4 of the 200s at once twice a day. I've found those to be useful over the years for my various breaks, sprains, the time I dislocated/separated/tore rotator cuff, and aches from rupturing one, and partially tearing another, ligament in the same ankle I broke once and sprained several times afterwards. Aleve also works wonders man once the initial pain subsides

Side note- my ankle became permanently weak after I broke it at 13. I've seriously rolled/sprained my ankle walking in a straight line because it's still, 22 years later, so weak. So do be prepared for that possibility
I took 1600mg ibuprofen during work days. Didn’t try weed because of drug testing.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up