ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Better or Worse so far. . .
Better 115 66.09%
Worse 42 24.14%
who let this guy make a thread? 17 9.77%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So are the Chiefs getting better or worse this offseason:
DTVietnam 06:42 PM 03-12-2019
Signed:

Hyde
Mathieu
some brokedick Cowboys LB
Spag

Lost:

Berry
Mitch
Houston
Ford
Nelson
Ware
D. Harris
Sutton

Its still early in FA ..hopefully they make a big move at CB
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:35 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
From a talent perspective they're worse. You're lying to yourself to say otherwise.
You’re wrong
[Reply]
BWillie 08:39 AM 03-14-2019
I don't know how you can say they got better. They got rid of 4 of their top 6 defensive players. People that say oh it can't get any worse. It can ALWAYS get worse. Really bad move to get rid of Ford and Houston. Eric Berry, Steven Nelson I get but at least keep one pass rusher for next year.
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:13 AM 03-14-2019
I think the offseason has been great. Veach is doing a nice job ridding of old salary and starting the D rebuild by ridding of that jackass Sutton.
It's been a lot of addition by subtraction.

It's never popular to let star players walk, but it was the smart thing to do.
This defense is going to be much better than last years, with less salary... and it's going to free up space to pay Hill/Jones/Mahomes.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:15 AM 03-14-2019
Bringing back the same players with big salaries from the 31st ranked defense would be stupid. Letting them go is a smart move. A whole new staff instantly makes us better.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 09:19 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't know how you can say they got better. They got rid of 4 of their top 6 defensive players. People that say oh it can't get any worse. It can ALWAYS get worse. Really bad move to get rid of Ford and Houston. Eric Berry, Steven Nelson I get but at least keep one pass rusher for next year.
Yes, that 31st ranked defense was awesome. Worst case they become the 32nd ranked defense.
[Reply]
oldman 09:38 AM 03-14-2019
The question I have is who is playing the other DE? Speaks probably has 1 slot nailed down, but do you move Jones to a DE? I think you keep him inside. As much as I thought Kpass might be something, I've kind of soured on him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:41 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
The question I have is who is playing the other DE? Speaks probably has 1 slot nailed down, but do you move Jones to a DE? I think you keep him inside. As much as I thought Kpass might be something, I've kind of soured on him.
Rumors are that they are targeting linemen in the draft. They are reportedly very high on Omenihu.
[Reply]
el borracho 09:48 AM 03-14-2019
The defensive coaching staff certainly appears to be improved. I don't know if the team is better today, but they are making the moves that have to be made to get better.

Morse?- one hit away from retirement and we already have a suitable replacement. Definitely glad we didn't lock ourselves to this guy with a fat new contract.
Ford?- can't trust him to stay healthy and certainly don't expect him to maintain last year's production. And he doesn't fit the scheme. I would have been fine letting him walk. Anything over the comp pick in return is fine with me.
Berry?- we didn't really lose Berry this year. We lost Berry two years ago. The only thing left was an expensive ghost that had to be cut.
Nelson?- he was a starter but wasn't exceptional nor irreplaceable. Certainly not worth crying over.
Only guy I am going to miss is Houston and he was simply too expensive to keep.

Cheer up, fans! A lot of answers to our problems in the 2019 draft and the Chiefs have four picks in the top 100.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:44 AM 03-14-2019
With few exceptions rookies don't become dominant players or even starters their first year. As much as I would like to believe these are all smart moves, I'm not convinced this is strategy vs. salary cap desperation.
[Reply]
Amnorix 11:28 AM 03-14-2019
The offseason is like five minutes old. You have more free agency, the draft, preseason, the ability to make trades. This entire thread is massively premature.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 11:30 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
The offseason is like five minutes old. You have more free agency, the draft, preseason, the ability to make trades. This entire thread is massively premature.
Agreed. Funny though a voice of reason in the thread is a Pats fan.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 AM 03-14-2019
Ford, Houston, and Berry are already gone. Without making any more FA moves and just going into the draft with the picks they have, they're better.
[Reply]
O.city 11:32 AM 03-14-2019
Maybe you're massively premature?
[Reply]
Amnorix 11:32 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Ford, Houston, and Berry are already gone. Without making any more FA moves and just going into the draft with the picks they have, they're better.

What about that Sutton guy?!?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 AM 03-14-2019
What about that HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED guy?!?
We don't talk about him anymore.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up