ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 549 of 791
« First < 49449499539545546547548549 550551552553559599649 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:30 AM 03-15-2019
Like one year in with Dorsey we were bitching about how Fisher was a pussy, Knile Davis sucked, Kelce was a brokedick, Alex was a limpdick bitch and Dunta Robinson was a piece of shit signing

Always good to look through the ol' rose colored glasses :-)
[Reply]
Best22 12:42 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Okafor, Jones, Nandi, Speaks
DOD, Hitchens, Ragland

Fuller, Mathieu, Watts, Ward

?
It’s like a worse version of last year’s Rams...
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:51 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Like one year in with Dorsey we were bitching about how Fisher was a pussy, Knile Davis sucked, Kelce was a brokedick, Alex was a limpdick bitch and Dunta Robinson was a piece of shit signing

Always good to look through the ol' rose colored glasses :-)
Yeah..now people are projecting a KC/Browns AFCCG...

KC ****ed up hard...no other way to say it. We're just lucky they kept Dorsey long enough to orchestrate the move up to land Mahomes...Veach will ride those coat tails his entire career. The "I saw him first" doesn't equate to knowing when and where to move up...

I'm going to quit posting...it's making me depressed on what could have been.

At least fat Andy and CHunt payed their poster boy $10 million a game....and had a jovial LR...for a year or two.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 12:59 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-)

Mahomes will have to put up numbers like last year to keep us in games. Slow LB's and no pass rush.
:-). Day two of the league year. CP always delivers.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:00 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Castle made of sand....he built this team. Kelce (3rd), Hill (5th), Jones (2nd), Peters, Hunt, Schwartz, Larry...oh and out maneuvered the Saints for Mahomes.

Veach has Watkins, Speaks, Hitchens...Amerson.

Dorsey landed Chubb, Mayfield, Ward, Landry...K. Hunt, OBJ, Sheldon Richardson.

Get out of here with that shit....

JD is a bad-ass, assassin level GM...he just fixed the ****ing BROWNS.

I said the moment I heard they fired him...that it was the biggest mistake the Chiefs have made in my lifetime.
:-) Yeah, he fixed their ass ON PAPER. There's ZERO foundation over there, as you and the rest of the league will soon see.
Not to mention, who's to say that WE couldn't have picked up some of those FA's if we didn't have to spend TWO seasons fixing his cap fuck ups! Dorsey was 50/50 if even THAT in the draft, and he's not even responsible for the most important component on this team! But hey, he got us Dee Ford!

Dorsey's only strength was turning over rocks to find the LDT's of the world, and I'm not saying there isn't value in that, but that's not the most important aspect of being a GM.

Your memory of Dorsey is clouded by your hatred of having to keep Berry and Houston past their expiration dates. And even then, Dorsey was trying to move players like he had a franchise QB already in the stable when he did NOT.
Once you have that QB, you can cut anyone, ANYTIME. But NOT before. Not a chance. He jumped the gun, cut Maclin w/o permission, created un-needed tension between himself and Reid, and got canned.
[Reply]
-King- 01:04 AM 03-15-2019
Yeah..now people are projecting a KC/Browns AFCCG...

KC ****ed up hard...no other way to say it. We're just lucky they kept Dorsey long enough to orchestrate the move up to land Mahomes...Veach will ride those coat tails his entire career. The "I saw him first" doesn't equate to knowing when and where to move up...

I'm going to quit posting...it's making me depressed on what could have been.

At least fat Andy and CHunt payed their poster boy $10 million a game....and had a jovial LR...for a year or two.
Why does it matter who the GM is if the league is rigged?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:05 AM 03-15-2019
Fuck, we're BEHIND in our plan because we're having to correct John Dorsey's shitty cap management! Fuck that guy.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:09 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why does it matter who the GM is if the league is rigged?
Cant argue with that...at least there arent Vegas odds on building a team. It's about the only thing I find interesting anymore...the rest is dogshit.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:10 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
****, we're BEHIND in our plan because we're having to correct John Dorsey's shitty cap management! **** that guy.
You're trivializing his intuition and eye for talent....cap management is like having an accountant run your team.

Dude is nails on talent evaluation...best in the NFL by far.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:39 AM 03-15-2019
You're trivializing his intuition and eye for talent....cap management is like having an accountant run your team.

I think it's one of those things that it's easy to have a selective memory on. Everyone remembers the guys who were steals in the third round but when you look at the last few years of drafts on wikipedia it's rife with busts by Dorsey:

Kpass
Chesson
Russell
Murray
Wilson

Guys who either got cut without playing a snap, are still on the roster but yet to play a snap, or managed to just cling to the roster and get snaps while we all bitch about how terrible they are, all drafted in the first 4 where you kind of expect a decent hit rate from a guy who's a great talent evaluator.

I'm not against Dorsey, I'm just saying it's really had to objectively judge sometimes.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:46 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I know this has been kicked around a time or two, but I really can’t get a grasp on what the fuck Ballard is doing in Indy.
Can you imagine if that were the Chiefs? End the season on some massive upswing, have a warchest of cap dollars, excited about the unlimited possibilities in free agency.... and then miss out on virtually every marquee player especially at positions of need. Were they even in on some of those guys??

Wow. What a letdown. I'm sure it's part of the grander plan, but he's the anti-Dorsey.

It's amusing how Ballard and Dorsey have gone in entirely different directions.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:09 AM 03-15-2019
Golden Tate got 9m a year? We should have been all over that. Hill,Kelce,Tate,Watkins.

That way we don't take a step backward if Watkins gets hurt.

Same thing for HaHa Clinton Dix for 1/3.5 million, Dix is cheaper and better than Sorenson.

Oh well.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:12 AM 03-15-2019

I hope that Cleveland does well. Maybe we can beat them in the AFC Championship game. I hope Cleveland wins until we play them. It's time for Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and New England to go away.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:21 AM 03-15-2019
Let's take a look at John Dorsey's work as a Chiefs GM( see attached PDF with notation in spoil tag ), and break it down. I'm sure some of your opinions on said players will differ with mine, but I tried to rank these guys as fairly as possible.

According to my count, Dorsey has a total of 15 hits out of 38 picks. That's roughly a 45% success rate which is just about where I figured he would fall.

Out of those 15 hits, he has 5 legitimate stars.

Out of the remaining 10, he has 5 legitimate "good" players.

The remaining (5) I would classify as "undecided"( Kpass ) or "sort of good"( Chris Conley ).

Take a look:

Spoiler!

In my opinion, John Dorsey ranks as a good GM in the draft, but certainly not great, and sure as fuck not an "Assassin". When you add in his accounting "skills", that certainly bumps him down to an overall rating of "Okay".
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:22 AM 03-15-2019

There is zero evidence of this. His defensive picks arw shit. Jones is good and the rest?
[Reply]
Page 549 of 791
« First < 49449499539545546547548549 550551552553559599649 > Last »
Up