ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 547 of 791
« First < 47447497537543544545546547 548549550551557597647 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:08 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Pretty interesting how he and Veach are completely different. Ballard seems to be too conservative at times and Veach seems to be too reckless at times.
Veach is very aggressive.. and I’m sure that has and will bite him in the ass sometimes. The contracts all over the league seem to be overpaid on the surface in FA, so I’m sure many fan bases question if their management is overspending.

But I’ll take his approach over what Ballard is doing every day of the week. ‘Scared money don’t make money’.... Ballard seems scared to miss, scared to get burned.

Yet he’s actually burning himself with a lack of talent all over the roster, QB and OL withstanding.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:09 PM 03-14-2019
No one outgunning Dorsey lately
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:29 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Veach is very aggressive.. and I’m sure that has and will bite him in the ass sometimes. The contracts all over the league seem to be overpaid on the surface in FA, so I’m sure many fan bases question if their management is overspending.

But I’ll take his approach over what Ballard is doing every day of the week. ‘Scared money don’t make money’.... Ballard seems scared to miss, scared to get burned.

Yet he’s actually burning himself with a lack of talent all over the roster, QB and OL withstanding.
Veach's first season as a rookie GM looks like a former scout finally getting his crack at running an offseason....

He obviously wanted Mahomes to succeed in his first year...so he went out and got a luxury $16 million FA in Watkins. It worked to a degree...PM was MVP with 50 TDs.

Where he completely failed..and in pretty epic fashion was losing Peters and Berry coming off an Achilles. His whole strategy was hoping Amerson panned out., EB was fine and drafting Watts in the 4th. There really wasn't a back-up plan...

There is part of me that wonders if they had allocated the financial resources from Watkins to fortifying the back 7...if they would have been SB champs.

I think Dorsey would have passed on Watkins...and definitely wouldnt have moved up for Speaks. He traded down and still landed C. Jones.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:35 PM 03-14-2019
Re: BlackOp

The problem again is, the defensive backs class in free agency of 2017 wasn’t very good. They would have been left overpaying for a guy who probably made little if any difference. Mathieu became a FA after they had already spent big on Watkins and Hitchens. But above all else, who could trust Sutton to use anyone that they did spend money on properly. We saw Kendall Fuller play less effectively in that defense for example...

At least with Watkins, you got a real difference making talent. That’s why I supported that decision from day one. I don’t think they win the West without him, and I don’t think Mahomes gets 50 & 5K. So in my view, Watkins made a difference that I’m not confident a defensive back would have been able to match.
[Reply]
jdubya 08:37 PM 03-14-2019
So what teams have had the best FA so far? I know it isnt over but the flash fast signings are over and done.....
[Reply]
In58men 08:43 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by jdubya:
So what teams have had the best FA so far? I know it isnt over but the flash fast signings are over and done.....
Bengals
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:47 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Re: BlackOp

The problem again is, the defensive backs class in free agency of 2017 wasn’t very good. They would have been left overpaying for a guy who probably made little if any difference. Mathieu became a FA after they had already spent big on Watkins and Hitchens. But above all else, who could trust Sutton to use anyone that they did spend money on properly. We saw Kendall Fuller play less effectively in that defense for example...

At least with Watkins, you got a real difference making talent. That’s why I supported that decision from day one. I don’t think they win the West without him, and I don’t think Mahomes gets 50 & 5K. So in my view, Watkins made a difference that I’m not confident a defensive back would have been able to match.
I guess what I was saying is he wasn't very prudent considering the CB/Safety position...by prudent, I mean he essentially ignored it and it bit KC in the ass.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:03 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I guess what I was saying is he wasn't very prudent considering the CB/Safety position...by prudent, I mean he essentially ignored it and it bit KC in the ass.
Tf u mean. He traded for Lucas, ward and brought bashaud breeland in. So including Amerson. that’s one late round pick, a Udfa we gave a pick for, a guy with aids and a guy who played like he had aids. Not ignored at all. A condom and whatever healed magic johnson could have saved our defense.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:12 PM 03-14-2019
How many pieces of shit did we sign today? Just Okafor?
[Reply]
New World Order 09:17 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
How many pieces of shit did we sign today? Just Okafor?
Don't forget: Breeland visiting Monday.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:21 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
No one outgunning Dorsey lately
Veach didn't start with high picks and tons of money. He started with Dorseys shit cap hell.
[Reply]
In58men 09:25 PM 03-14-2019
Dorsey will be fucked in 2 years.

Trying to “buy” a Super Bowl is weak.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:26 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Don't forget: Breeland visiting Monday.
Good call friend. How on Earth did I forget? I'm such a goose
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:26 PM 03-14-2019
who currently makes up our starting D?