ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 538 of 791
« First < 38438488528534535536537538 539540541542548588638 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Buckweath 03:12 PM 03-14-2019
I might be John Dorsey's biggest fan here but I trust Veach to be pretty much just as good.

He definitly is agressive but this is a positive IMO. He is smart at the same time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:14 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Then I'm wrong.

Happens lots. To listen to me, Jonathan Baldwin would be easing out of his prime right now but still catching 60-70 balls for 1,000 yards/season.

The people who do this for a living don't bat 1.000. But man, I just do not see what they saw in Speaks when they made that pick.
God knows I'm wrong...A LOT...especially when it comes to football.

But one guy I wasn't wrong about (and A LOT of people were when he was drafted) was Tamba Hali.

I don't think Speaks is as talented as Hali but I definitely think he has some of the tools, especially with the versatility to play inside in smaller packages.

I think people saw him play OLB in a 3-4 and wrote him off. You watch his college games and you see a completely different player.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:14 PM 03-14-2019
But do you think he actually loved Speaks?

Or do you think he saw a run coming together and wasn't willing to pivot? It looks to me like a guy who was afraid of getting left out in the cold and rather than adjust his plan to the available talent, he forced a decision.

I don't think he loved Speaks, I think he had him as the best available pass-rusher left and was committed to the position rather than the player.

That's a mistake.
I guess that’s a possibility, but everything we’ve heard about the guy leads me to believe he is selective and will do everything to get his guys. He doesn’t seem like the type to settle at all.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:15 PM 03-14-2019

The #Chiefs are expected to sign former #Saints DE Alex Okafor, source said. He gets a 3-year deal worth up to $24M.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 14, 2019

[Reply]
penchief 03:15 PM 03-14-2019
But do you think he actually loved Speaks?

Or do you think he saw a run coming together and wasn't willing to pivot? It looks to me like a guy who was afraid of getting left out in the cold and rather than adjust his plan to the available talent, he forced a decision.

I don't think he loved Speaks, I think he had him as the best available pass-rusher left and was committed to the position rather than the player.

That's a mistake.
This makes sense and is possibly the case. Having a first round pick this year may deter him from feeling the need to make any rash moves. If he doesn't have a good draft this year I will officially be worried.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:15 PM 03-14-2019
Wtf that came out of nowhere :-)
[Reply]
O.city 03:16 PM 03-14-2019
Ok, not bad.
[Reply]
SupDock 03:16 PM 03-14-2019

And now the Raiders have released WR Jordy Nelson, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 14, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 03:16 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wtf that came out of nowhere :-)

He was in the building this afternoon. Fills a big need for the Chiefs https://t.co/lpORPX8Qfd

— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) March 14, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:17 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
God knows I'm wrong...A LOT...especially when it comes to football.

But one guy I wasn't wrong about (and A LOT of people were when he was drafted) was Tamba Hali.

I don't think Speaks is as talented as Hali but I definitely think he has some of the tools, especially with the versatility to play inside in smaller packages.

I think people saw him play OLB in a 3-4 and wrote him off. You watch his college games and you see a completely different player.
I was wrong about Hali's ability to go to OLB, that's for sure. I never thought he'd be able to make that conversion. I liked him as a 4-3 DE, though. I just don't see the same ability there with Speaks.

And Hali's really a good comp for me because what Hali did in his first couple of years in the 4-3 is exactly what I would hope to see from Speaks. And I just don't see him getting there because I just don't see the same ability that I saw with Hali.
[Reply]
penchief 03:17 PM 03-14-2019
That Kelce fella ain't half bad...
Fuck Me! I'm officially a dumb shit.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 03:18 PM 03-14-2019
Nice. Also fulfills Veach’s fetish for guys who’ve torn things recently :-) He tore his achillies in 2017
[Reply]
penchief 03:18 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Kelce too.
Yeah, major brain fart there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:18 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Showtime:
Is that the guy out of UT? Like him as a prospect and have completely lost track of him since.

Is he a piece of shit?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:18 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by penchief:
I agree, but he'd have more value as a capable corner. That said, I still have hope for Speaks, Watts, O'Daniel, and Smith. At least a couple of them will be solid contributors.

I'm willing to go easy on Veach for his first draft due to no first round pick. That may have contributed to his eagerness to move up a couple times. Dorsey's first draft was probably worse. He had the overall first pick and Fisher is the only thing we have to show for that draft.
He was the 196th pick in the draft. The fact they got anything at all out of him is good. Getting a top kick returner is excellent.
[Reply]
Page 538 of 791
« First < 38438488528534535536537538 539540541542548588638 > Last »
Up