ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Texans knew our line protection call on strip sack
RunKC 08:48 AM 10-14-2019
A rookie in his 6th game knew our protection call. All you can do is laugh

Originally Posted by :
“I knew their line movements,” Omenihu said following the game. “I knew their slide and knew what it was going to be. When they said a certain word, I knew I was going to be rushing one-on-one with the center. So, I knew I had a chance to convert, but I was playing run the whole time.

“So, I extended out and when I felt it was soft, I flipped my head up support and pulled my hips in and started running. I saw the quarterback. I knew the short distance to get to him. And just happened to make that play.”
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019...mpression=true
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:11 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Did they run any screens the second half?
i just told you they did :-)
[Reply]
New World Order 09:12 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i just told you they did :-)
:-)

Ok I see it
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:12 AM 10-14-2019
How the **** do you not move the ball with Phillip Gaines out there?

Christ
Our own defense did the best job of exploiting Gaines by keeping him off the field.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:12 AM 10-14-2019
{sniffle}

Oh, Charles. Really liked me some Omenihu this off-season. I clearly overdrafted him when I took him in the 2nd for the Chiefs in the CP Mock, but it still blows my mind that we never grabbed him even as he slid into the 5th friggen round.

Omenihu looked like an obvious fit here. He'll never be a superstar but he's a guy who could've actually justified the kind of project capital Veach tends to use on scrubs like Speaks. That's a solid rotational DE who could've had a nice little career as an Okafor/Ogbah type of complementary player.

And when he's sliding in the draft, we don't have any capital because our GM can't hold his wad and blows those picks on trade-ups for guys who can't run routes or stay on the field.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:30 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
{sniffle}

Oh, Charles. Really liked me some Omenihu this off-season. I clearly overdrafted him when I took him in the 2nd for the Chiefs in the CP Mock, but it still blows my mind that we never grabbed him even as he slid into the 5th friggen round.

Omenihu looked like an obvious fit here. He'll never be a superstar but he's a guy who could've actually justified the kind of project capital Veach tends to use on scrubs like Speaks. That's a solid rotational DE who could've had a nice little career as an Okafor/Ogbah type of complementary player.

And when he's sliding in the draft, we don't have any capital because our GM can't hold his wad and blows those picks on trade-ups for guys who can't run routes or stay on the field.
Whoever the GM is next year will have to use the Ballard model and start collecting picks.

Trade down unless there is a can’t miss prospect at your pick. We need to gather extra resources for cheap players and make trades.

Credit to Veach on the Ogbah trade. That was exactly what we needed and turned into a bad deal on Dorsey’s end.

We need more bullets in our chamber to draft multiple players on the DL and OL. Guys like Omenihu or even Nnandi are good value where they are.

The problem is that I don’t exactly trust Veach to find value like Ballard.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:04 AM 10-14-2019
How the fuck do you not move the ball with Phillip Gaines out there?

Christ
And Roby went down, but the fucking O line couldn’t block enough to get the ball down the field to exploit it. Just like the week before, they were weak and beat up in their secondary, but our line couldn’t keep their D off Mahomes then either.
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 10:05 AM 10-14-2019
Obvious cheaters! There's no way someone could know that without cheating! Surely it's evidence they were taping the practice, or had bugs in the locker room, or stole the playsheets! Start an investigation! Call in the FBI!

:-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:20 AM 10-14-2019
It didn’t help that Erving got completely destroyed on that play and got Mahomes killed
[Reply]
Iconic 10:31 AM 10-14-2019
Holy shit Omenihu went in the 5th. Could have had him with our 4th but Veach's amazing eye for talent knew Reggie Ragland was the way to go instead.
[Reply]
DrRyan 10:48 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They tried one that ended up in a 4 yard loss and also a holding penalty.

This team needs to stop with all the penalties, as much as I think some of them are BS it's insane how many we have every game.

Also Dave Toub, I've had enough, special teams is constantly full of fail.
The special teams have gotten worse every year for under Toub. At least the last 2-3 they have regressed horribly. How hard is it to coach them taking a knee in the endzone every single time it is possible? They have to close to 50% penalties on kick returns at this point.

That's not even mentioning the consistent failure of the multi million dollar punter.
[Reply]
kcclone 12:03 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Holy shit Omenihu went in the 5th. Could have had him with our 4th but Veach's amazing eye for talent knew Reggie Ragland was the way to go instead.

Veach is the epitome of failure from a personnel standpoint.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up