ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What should the NFL do with Play Reviews?
Keep it as it now exists 7 24.14%
Use only for scoring plays and turnovers 11 37.93%
Nuke it from orbit 8 27.59%
Let Gaz makes the calls from his recliner 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the NFL End Reviews
notorious 08:13 AM 10-14-2019
Should the NFL end challenges and reviews?

Should they only review scoring plays and turnovers?

There is no doubt it’s killing the flow of the game. The NFL and TV networks love review due to the added advertising time.

What do you think?
[Reply]
luv 10:04 AM 10-14-2019
I don't mind some of the reviews. I hate the PI review, though. It's too subjective. If it is discovered that referees are making blatantly incorrect calls or non-calls, then they should be subject to disciplinary action or terminated. Maybe then they'd focus on getting things right. Too many opportunities to review things makes the refs lazy on calls, IMO.
[Reply]
notorious 10:05 AM 10-14-2019
All fans from every team think they get screwed now, might as well let them play and makes calls in real time.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 10:08 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I've been against reviews for years. I mainly hate how reviews have changed our way of watching the games. Every time there's a big play, you have to kind of hold on back on celebrating until we've seen all of the angles to make sure that there isn't anything they can call it back for.

Not to mention that half of the reason that the rules have gotten to be so damn complicated is that we're judging outcomes in slow mo, which refs on the field literally can't do.

Yes, calls would be less accurate without reviews, but I'm a strong believer that the game would be more fun without.
Exactly what you said.
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 10:08 AM 10-14-2019
never review anything, never confer. The person who throws the flag simply announces what it is, and the game immediately continues. If a ref calls a penalty which is wrong, or if something is missed and they are the ones who should have seen it, they are immediately fired, and banned from working in the NFL again. They make 10x what they currently make in exchange, and as insurance against bribery and corruption.

Sound good?
[Reply]
lcarus 12:36 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I've been against reviews for years. I mainly hate how reviews have changed our way of watching the games. Every time there's a big play, you have to kind of hold on back on celebrating until we've seen all of the angles to make sure that there isn't anything they can call it back for.

Not to mention that half of the reason that the rules have gotten to be so damn complicated is that we're judging outcomes in slow mo, which refs on the field literally can't do.

Yes, calls would be less accurate without reviews, but I'm a strong believer that the game would be more fun without.
I'm torn on this issue. Everything you said here I 100% agree with. On the other hand so many big plays need to be reviewed. They just need to speed up the process I think. And get rid of the pass interference reviews. Only call holding and pass interference when it's clear and impacts the play. The flags and reviews on every damn play is killing the sport for me and I know there have to be others who feel the same.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:40 PM 10-14-2019
The referees can control the outcome of a game. Look at the Rams at Saints Playoff game in January. Clearly a pass interference call should have been made. Like Marv Levy's youtube clearly titled "You've been bought" says all you need to know
[Reply]
New World Order 12:41 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
They should 1000000% end PI challenges.

I wanted review back in the day, but the officials **** it up so much I hate it now.
The PI reviews are fucking stupid
[Reply]
SupDock 12:44 PM 10-14-2019
Refs need to be held to a higher standard. I think some transparency regarding the internal reviews of calls would be a good place to start
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:48 PM 10-14-2019
It's basically unwatchable. Used to watch 4 to 6 games a week and now can barely make it through a Chiefs game. You literally can't even celebrate a big play anymore. It's a FUCKING JOKE!
[Reply]
lcarus 12:55 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It's basically unwatchable. Used to watch 4 to 6 games a week and now can barely make it through a Chiefs game. You literally can't even celebrate a big play anymore. It's a FUCKING JOKE!
Now that i think about it, I haven't watched a single game besides Chiefs games. Ive just seen bits and pieces of other games. Its an unwatchable product right now.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:13 PM 10-14-2019
They overturned a PI call after NY buzzed in the refs ear gifting Houston an INT on a play Mahomes thought was a free play...next possession Houston gets a phantom hold to extend a drive they then score a TD on. This shit cant be taken seriously. 14 point swing...
[Reply]
DaFace 01:27 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Exactly what you said.
And unfortunately, it's starting to creep into hockey as well.

OMG what a crazy goal!!!!!!
-But wait, was there goaltender interference? Better wait for a few more angles.
-But wait, was the guy half an inch offsides a minute earlier? Better wait for the coaches to get a look at it.
-But wait, did the puck hit the net? Was there a high stick? Was there a hand pass?

:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up