ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Myles Cole
Direckshun 09:27 AM 04-22-2024
I swear, the Spagsiest defensive end in this class is Myles Cole. Ideal size, length, athleticism. Looks like Kpassagnon reborn -- the prospect, not the NFL player.

What's the earliest you'd take Myles Cole? He's the closest I can come in this draft to a player the Chiefs will absolutely select.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:29 AM 04-22-2024
Some time after the punter.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:31 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I swear, the Spagsiest defensive end in this class is Myles Cole. Ideal size, length, athleticism. Looks like Kpassagnon reborn -- the prospect, not the NFL player.

What's the earliest you'd take Myles Cole? He's the closest I can come in this draft to a player the Chiefs will absolutely select.
Oh sure, NOW y'all come around on my guy.

Been calling for the Chiefs to look at him on Day 3 for awhile now. I was hopeful he'd be there in Rd 7 for that Panthers pick, but we may need to find a way into 6 to get him or even use a late 5.

Here are my posts from Mid/Late February on him:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've liked Kamara as 4th/5th rounder. Of that lot of 3rd day DEs, I think he's probably my favorite.

I also really like Myles Cole out of Texas Tech but we don't have a 6th/7th round pick and I feel like that's where he should end up. Maybe we can snag him as a priority UDFA.
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
McCaffrey is a guy I like. I also like De'Corian Clark; wide receiver with really intriguing measurables out of UTSA.

On defense I'm a Myles Cole fan. I like his build and think he can be a solid rotational player who may go undrafted. Good play strength and solid but unspectacular athleticism. Good motor. The kind of guy that can forge a productive career seemingly from nothing. I also like James Williams as a consideration in the 5th for the same reasons you do.
I think he's an excellent pick for us.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:34 AM 04-22-2024
There is just nothing more you could ask for for a dude to be a Spags pick. He's got every tool physically, he'd have good veteran leadership in front of him, give him two years with Cullen and I bet he's at least a regular contributor.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:37 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
There is just nothing more you could ask for for a dude to be a Spags pick. He's got every tool physically, he'd have good veteran leadership in front of him, give him two years with Cullen and I bet he's at least a regular contributor.
I don't see a ton of ceiling; not a lot of baseline athleticism.

But as you've noted, as a Spags DE, that's not a deal-breaker. Especially when you still have good interior pressure from Jones/Danna/Wharton/Omenihu and even Karlaftis who can all swing inside if need be.

As a rotational player, I think he can stick.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:41 PM 04-22-2024
I like him far more than a punter. :P

Actually really like him in the 5th round. He has what you want but he severely lacks with his hand usage and using his length to his advantage followed by playing with power. Fix that, I think you have something.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 10:11 PM 04-22-2024
I posted this in another thread, reposting here:

As a Texas Tech fan who has watched Cole extensively when healthy: Cole is an incredible (off the charts) athlete and periodically flashed, but he struggled to consistently put it together. His stance is too high and he's inconsistent with his technique. Tech fans had high hopes for him entering this last year, but his stats and impact didn't match expectations. He has had relatively good college coaching in Tim Deruyter and Zarnell Fitch, so a bit of a red flag to me that he couldn't get these things corrected. He's supposedly a real high character guy, but a pretty extreme introvert. He caught some flak by not answering questions at the combine, but I think it was a comfort thing. He just worded his response/decline poorly.

As a prospect, would love to see the Chiefs role the dice and see if they can correct his stance and technique... But a 3rd or 4th rounder seems steep to me for the risk. I'd be looking 5th/6th/7th. I know his stock is sky rocketing post combine.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:20 PM 04-27-2024
Here we sit at 205 and he's still in the board. I mean he's just letter perfect at 211 right?

But I like Mahogany, Rice, Williams, Cornelius Johnson, Schrader and a few others as well.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 04:32 PM 04-27-2024
Nah man this is punter time.
[Reply]
Up