ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3341 of 3903
« First < 2341284132413291333133373338333933403341 33423343334433453351339134413841 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:30 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Had a very disappointing phone call with my Uncle last night over Xmas. Typically he and my aunt have about 15-20 people over on Xmas Eve. My Wife and I usually go. This year we were a little leery but decided we would go only to find out he was going to have even a few more people over. Okay well, then we find out he is going to a party for his FIL tonight which will have about 20+ people there that are entirely separate from who will be there on Thursday except a couple people.

That was enough for us to cancel. So I called him last night to tell him we will come out in a couple of weeks. He went on a rant about how he isn't afraid and 99% people and all of that. I tried to have a bit of a nuanced conversation with him explaining it's not about being afraid but about the number of people. I couldn't tell him flat out him going to a party 2 days before Xmas Eve was the deal breaker because it's none of my business.

So now my Dad who is staying with me is a bit pissed that I am not going though I am a bit pissed he and my Step Mom are still going and then coming back to my house. My Dad gave me the same argument of 99% and I am not afraid and shit.

And that's all cool. I get it. Don't be afraid. Play golf, play your softball, visit family. But can you do it somewhat cautiously?

I tried to explain to my Step Mom that going to the beach and getting in the water is taking a risk of shark attack but being in a boat and seeing the sharks swimming around is not a good time to jump in and I think that's what they are doing.

I should add my Aunt and Uncle have also been in and out of church almost everyday, mostly my aunt and that doesn't make things better. I tried to explain to my dad that going to church is fine and having some family over is fine. But cramming it all together with a total 40+ people if not more is just asking for it.
Gotta admit, I'm pretty impressed with how reasonable you're being.

When the **** did this happen? :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 12:32 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Gotta admit, I'm pretty impressed with how reasonable you're being.

When the **** did this happen? :-)
Contrary to popular belief I have always been this way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Donger 12:35 PM 12-22-2020
Contrary to popular belief I have always been this way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Holy shit.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 12:42 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Dentist got bumped to 1a in MO, so looks like I may be getting stuck next week or the week after.
That makes sense given your proximity to patient's mouths all day long.
[Reply]
TLO 12-22-2020, 12:45 PM
This message has been deleted by TLO. Reason: nvm
MahomesMagic 12:51 PM 12-22-2020
News
//
Bay Area & State
As COVID-19 explodes, was California too strict for its own good?
Once seen as a model for managing the pandemic, California is now in crisis.

The Golden State is reporting the fourth-highest rate of new COVID-19 cases per capita in the country, and the state's hospitals are overwhelmed and considering rationing care. Several regions have gone under new stay-at-home orders in recent weeks, but compliance appears to be low.

How did it all go wrong for the state that issued the nation's first stay-at-home order in March and imposed some of the country's toughest restrictions? One possible explanation: The state and its counties have been too strict for their own good.

"A significant number of people have lost faith in the public health guidance and don’t know what to believe anymore," said Daniel Kotzin, a member of two advocacy groups hoping to reopen schools and businesses in San Francisco. "One part of it is when our leaders say one thing and do another, and another part is it’s just been so strict with no escape valve and people can’t do it anymore. For over nine months we’ve been locked up with constantly shifting goalposts."

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...s-15819841.php
[Reply]
chinaski 01:05 PM 12-22-2020
Bit of a work situation...

I work a somewhat unusual job, I guess that could be considered quasi-essential (Communications)

Regardless, my work environment is slightly larger than a hall closet. In said work environment, I share this work space with one other individual three hours a day. I won't beat around the bush too much, it's the cockpit of a small airplane.

Regardless, my work partner told me that he will be traveling to see family over the holidays. I'm assuming that he will be interacting with a large family unit, although I am not sure.

Considering the fact that I am literally about two feet from this persons head for 3hours+ Monday-Friday, this makes me extremely uneasy.

This hospitals here (SOCAL) are at 0% capacity, and maybe I am being overly cautious, but I really don't want to take any unnecessary chances.

Also, the domino effect. If I get it, my wife gets it and will have to shut her business down. One of her employees is immune compromised.

As somebody else here said, with the vaccine coming, I don't want to be the guy that gets shot on the last day of the war.

That being said, I told my Supervisor and she was extremely supportive.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:19 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Does anyone know if there is a set process for rolling this out more broadly? Obviously healthcare workers are a closed population that can be reached fairly easily, but how about everyone else? Do people just have to call up and ask for it or what?

I'm mainly just curious how people like my mid-90s grandparents know when they're up.

I know there's probably not a consistent answer, but just curious if anyone's heard anything.
Their doctor should be communicating this to them, or they should contact their doctor. I'm in communication with my doctor and will receive updates.

Too, local health orgs are communicating. I received this email this week from a provider other than my own with a link to sign up for updates if I wanted to use their system.

The COVID-19 vaccine is here!

Earlier this week, HonorHealth received its first shipment of COVID-19 vaccines. Initial supply of the vaccine is limited, and it will be several months before there is enough vaccine available for the general public. Still, the vaccine’s arrival signals “that an end of this pandemic is beginning to unfold. It’s a historic moment, and I’m grateful for HonorHealth to be a part of it,” according to HonorHealth’s SVP, Chief Transformation Officer Jim Whitfill, MD.

To stay up-to-date with the latest information, check our vaccine update page regularly.

http://care.honorhealth.com/HS002050se6kQD20C1L00yG

When can I get a COVID-19 vaccine?

HonorHealth is prioritizing vaccine distribution according to CDC and Maricopa County guidelines. Those who are at highest risk for contracting COVID-19, such as first responders and healthcare staff who work with potentially infected patients, are being prioritized first. An exact distribution timeline for the general public is still unknown. Sign up to receive updates from HonorHealth as they become available.

[Reply]
petegz28 01:32 PM 12-22-2020
Dr. Birx says she will retire after ‘overwhelming’ holiday travel scandal

https://nypost.com/2020/12/22/dr-deb...ravel-scandal/

I don't know that what she was did was all that bad but it was terrible optics at the worse time. You already have a long and growing list of leaders and experts saying one thing and doing another, she picked a bad time to be a but blase to what she was doing.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:34 PM 12-22-2020
We vaccinated about 1,000 employees yesterday and I heard about another 300-400 today. We should be close to 3,000 in the next few days as I understand things.

Actually I guess we are already at 2,500-3,000.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:37 PM 12-22-2020

I don't know that what she was did was all that bad but it was terrible optics at the worse time. You already have a long and growing list of leaders and experts saying one thing and doing another, she picked a bad time to be a but blase to what she was doing.
There is no sugar coating it, its massively hypocritical and another example of do what I say not as I do and then she tried to play the victim card.
Then she wants to give examples of why "her family" apparently needed the trip because they have been locked down. She can eat a bag of dicks.

Originally Posted by :
She also tried to justify her decision to travel to Delaware from Washington with her husband, daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren.

I think what was done in the past week to my family — you know, they didn’t choose this for me. They’ve tried to be supportive, but to drag my family into this,” Birx trailed off.

“My daughter hasn’t left that house in 10 months, my parents have been isolated for 10 months. They’ve become deeply depressed as I’m sure many elderly have as they’ve not been able to see their sons, their granddaughters,” she said.

“My parents have not been able to see their surviving son for over a year. These are all very difficult things,” she added.

[Reply]
O.city 01:40 PM 12-22-2020
Yeah, fuck her.

All these people who have put these "rules" in effect then don't follow them, I don't want an apology. I will accept your resignation.

It's long past time to start holding feet to the fire on that shit.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:41 PM 12-22-2020

There was no excuse for that. If you want to be a leader, you have to act like a leader.

Our mayor here in Denver has generally done a good job, but he got caught doing the exact same thing over Thanksgiving. (At least, I think it was Thanksgiving.) It's a terrible look and undermines the policies badly.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:48 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
There was no excuse for that. If you want to be a leader, you have to act like a leader.

Our mayor here in Denver has generally done a good job, but he got caught doing the exact same thing over Thanksgiving. (At least, I think it was Thanksgiving.) It's a terrible look and undermines the policies badly.
Yes, it was Thanksgiving. There is quite the list of "do as I say, not as I do" people and then they get pissy when people do as they do and not as they say.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:53 PM 12-22-2020
Yes, it was Thanksgiving. There is quite the list of "do as I say, not as I do" people and then they get pissy when people do as they do and not as they say.
It simply makes you question the validity of what they say people need to do. Doesn't seem they really believe the science does it?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:00 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
It simply makes you question the validity of what they say people need to do. Doesn't seem they really believe the science does it?
Kinda hard to think they buy their own bullshit when they consistently do what they tell everyone else not to do.

All it does is give a certain crowd of people ammo to be more anti-covid. That's not a good thing. The entire lock down thing I think is proving to be bunk and more times that not lately you are hearing the leaders admit it's not backed by science.

I don't know why people have to have to either all locked down or all wide open? Neither are good.
[Reply]
Page 3341 of 3903
« First < 2341284132413291333133373338333933403341 33423343334433453351339134413841 > Last »
Up