ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2321 of 3903
« First < 1321182122212271231123172318231923202321 232223232324232523312371242128213321 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:31 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
And with that our local school announced they are having prom June 19th. Nice.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:34 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
WTF was all this concern when thousands and thousands of people running through the streets?
I can only speak for myself. I'm definitely concerned, and I won't be surprised to see an uptick in numbers soon. On the plus side, it was all outside, and I have a lot of trouble believing that brief exposure to someone outside is likely to be a common means of transfer.

I've said it before, but the main weapon I'd use against this thing if it were up to me is the outdoors. Every possible gathering of a large group of people should be outside if it's in any way possible IMO.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:35 PM 06-11-2020
WTF was all this concern when thousands and thousands of people running through the streets?
Which is why the comsumer confidence arguement is retarded. Yeah..for a few weeks there would have been some apprehension but anyone that had been out in the real world lately if it's at a pool party at the Ozarks, riots on the streets or going to a liquor store the amount of fucks given is minimal. Personally our gym memberhaips are up over 30% between closing at the end of March and now.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:52 PM 06-11-2020
No matter where you come out on the protests, not only do they have the potential to provide an uptick directly but indirectly they dealt a mortal wound to the credibility of the processes and message local leaders had put in place causing more people to say fuck it for their own personal interests.
[Reply]
Donger 03:57 PM 06-11-2020
Zero fucks given... That's actually correct. The virus doesn't give a fuck if you don't give a fuck. It'd probably thank you if it could.
[Reply]
sedated 04:00 PM 06-11-2020
There was still concern.

Just because some thought that social injustice outweighs the virus danger, does not mean that everyone completely disregarded COVID.

Medical experts coming out and saying that was dangerous and irresponsible. The people protesting do not get a pass just because it was a noble cause. It was stupid (IMHO), and I agree with the point behind their protest.
[Reply]
eDave 04:03 PM 06-11-2020
Arizona:

Cases: The 7-day avg & 3-day total has hit a new high. This is the 4th highest case total added to date. AZ has over 30,000 confirmed cases now.

Testing: PCR testing increased by about 3,000-ish tests from yesterday. (Good!)

Spread: Overall PCR positive percentage ticked up again to 7.9% (up from a 6.6% low, Bad!) and the average for this week moved down from 14% to 13% (still up from 12% last week).

Hospital Utilization: ICU beds usage is at 78%. Inpatient bed occupancy is at 84%. Hospitalizations for positive or suspected COVID-19 patients ticked up again by 1%.
[Reply]
sedated 04:05 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
No matter where you come out on the protests, not only do they have the potential to provide an uptick directly but indirectly they dealt a mortal wound to the credibility of the processes and message local leaders had put in place causing more people to say **** it for their own personal interests.
I don't doubt the protests had SOME effect on Parsons lifting all restrictions come June 16. Seems pretty fast (but I don't know what the plan was before, so maybe it was always the plan)
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:10 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I don't doubt the protests had SOME effect on Parsons lifting all restrictions come June 16. Seems pretty fast (but I don't know what the plan was before, so maybe it was always the plan)
Even from a granular perspective, its much more difficult to take serious after hundreds of thousands gathered during a pandemic, some of the most at risk in particular. Granted things had been slipping prior to the protests but it broke the back of stay home, save lives.
[Reply]
Spott 04:15 PM 06-11-2020
At least the people that looted downtown, set cars on fire and spray painted “fuck the law” on the building I work out of were considerate to enough to wear masks.
[Reply]
Pants 04:19 PM 06-11-2020
Of course the concern was there. It's sucks that George Floyd was killed in a manner that was the spark which lit the final straw on the gasoline-doused camel's back. It sucks that it happened during the pandemic.

Now that we know the SARS 2 will be spreading that much more, it's more important than ever to start doing the best we can to mitigate the spread.
[Reply]
sedated 04:36 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Which is why the comsumer confidence arguement is retarded. Yeah..for a few weeks there would have been some apprehension but anyone that had been out in the real world lately if it's at a pool party at the Ozarks, riots on the streets or going to a liquor store the amount of ****s given is minimal. Personally our gym memberhaips are up over 30% between closing at the end of March and now.
Some people acting in a certain way does not equal everyone sharing the same beliefs.

Some people don't give a shit, some people only go out when/where there are precautions taken, and some still avoid going out as much as possible.

There is still plenty of apprehension.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 04:49 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
No matter where you come out on the protests, not only do they have the potential to provide an uptick directly but indirectly they dealt a mortal wound to the credibility of the processes and message local leaders had put in place causing more people to say fuck it for their own personal interests.
I just went to the store for the first time in two weeks. This seems true. I'd say mask usage was in half from a few weeks ago. Down from say 60% to 25-30% I'd say.

This doesn't seem good. We ignored this once to our own detriment and it seems like we're willing to spin the wheel a second time. The Asian countries are still taking it very serious. I think they go too far, Tokyo was still deciding if it should go forward with opening gyms and other places last week and they have very little cases. It'd be nice to meet them in the middle though.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:55 PM 06-11-2020
Absolutely asinine. There should be no social gatherings of any kind. It’s going to spike AZ even further. 2 weeks of protests here.
[Reply]
TLO 05:35 PM 06-11-2020
The IHME model came out yesterday with projections through like October. They're expecting a "second wave" to hit in September.
[Reply]
Page 2321 of 3903
« First < 1321182122212271231123172318231923202321 232223232324232523312371242128213321 > Last »
Up