ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2320 of 3903
« First < 1320182022202270231023162317231823192320 232123222323232423302370242028203320 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:47 PM 06-11-2020
Oh great, now liquor stores don't even care about our health!?!?!?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:12 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I certainly hope not, but I don't think anyone can say for sure. In 1918, the second wave was roughly 4 times as bad as the first wave, and if we're seeing 8-10k people die per day in the fall, I find it hard to imagine not shutting things back down. Hopefully people are smart and do what they can to reduce the spread regardless of how it comes back.
You would set the country back a decade. It's not even on the table.
They would mandate mask before restricting commerce.
[Reply]
Pants 02:17 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Oh great, now liquor stores don't even care about our health!?!?!?
Why wouldn't they care?
[Reply]
tk13 02:33 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
You would set the country back a decade. It's not even on the table.
They would mandate mask before restricting commerce.
Some people have never understood this. If the pandemic truly gets that bad, it's going to wreck the economy.

You're coming at this from the illusion that you have a choice. You don't. The choice was to get out in front of this thing when we had the chance. We didn't. I said back in March that was the choice, and I'm going to be right. The economy, the stock market, it ain't recovering until there's consumer confidence that this virus is licked. We're going to probably live through two years of a roller coaster economy and all these ups and downs like we're seeing today. Spikes and shutdowns and just a lot of uncertainty.

Your best way out is hoping this mutates in some way that makes it peter out. If it comes back in the fall in a severe way, it's going to do damage.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:35 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Some people have never understood this. If the pandemic truly gets that bad, it's going to wreck the economy.

You're coming at this from the illusion that you have a choice. You don't. The choice was to get out in front of this thing when we had the chance. We didn't. I said back in March that was the choice, and I'm going to be right. The economy, the stock market, it ain't recovering until there's consumer confidence that this virus is licked. We're going to probably live through two years of a roller coaster economy and all these ups and downs like we're seeing today. Spikes and shutdowns and just a lot of uncertainty.

Your best way out is hoping this mutates in some way that makes it peter out. If it comes back in the fall in a severe way, it's going to do damage.
A lot of people just don't get this, they think it's a political argument with sides.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:41 PM 06-11-2020

BREAKING: Governor Parson announced the state will be lifting all statewide restrictions beginning June 16. https://t.co/WJmET5J6MX

— KRCG 13 (@KRCG13) June 11, 2020

[Reply]
stumppy 02:41 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
A lot of people just don't get this, they think it's a political argument with sides.
And haircuts, don't forget haircuts.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:42 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
And haircuts, don't forget haircuts.
sideburns apparently.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:46 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Sweet.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:53 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
And you might have a blindspot to the congruence between the people you think you are criticizing and the people you are actually criticizing here, . . just a possibility.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:01 PM 06-11-2020
I don’t want to see a lockdown. No one does.

So do your part when you’re out. Wear a mask and social distance. We CAN slow the spread with basic guidelines if people would just do their part.

I went to an outlet mall store here this week. They limited it to 20 people inside at a time. I waited in line 10 minutes to get in with marks 6ft apart when waiting. Once in they wiped the counters between all customers and all staff was wearing masks. It felt pretty safe and even these basic measures will slow the spread and keep business open. You need 50%+ business/people doing it. Those not wanting to wear a mask because of “freedom” will cause a lockdown in certain States. Their actions will literally force the governments hand for something they say they’re against.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:07 PM 06-11-2020
Feel like that horse left the barn, thought better and sprinted back to donkey kick us all in the nuts before running off into the horizon.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:15 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

So do your part when you’re out. Wear a mask and social distance. We CAN slow the spread with basic guidelines if people would just do their part.

I went to an outlet mall store here this week. They limited it to 20 people inside at a time. I waited in line 10 minutes to get in with marks 6ft apart when waiting. Once in they wiped the counters between all customers and all staff was wearing masks. It felt pretty safe and even these basic measures will slow the spread and keep business open. You need 50%+ business/people doing it. Those not wanting to wear a mask because of “freedom” will cause a lockdown in certain States. Their actions will literally force the governments hand for something they say they’re against.
Went through BK drive through at lunch, I was craving a whopper for some reason.

Kid working the drive through was wearing a mask. I shit you not, I was watching him run my card and he pulled down his mask and coughed and then put his mask back on. :-)

I was going to say something but decided it was likely not going to be worth my time. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 03:17 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Went through BK drive through at lunch, I was craving a whopper for some reason.

Kid working the drive through was wearing a mask. I shit you not, I was watching him run my card and he pulled down his mask and coughed and then put his mask back on. :-)

I was going to say something but decided it was likely not going to be worth my time. :-)
I don't know whether to :-) or :-).
[Reply]
petegz28 03:27 PM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

WTF was all this concern when thousands and thousands of people running through the streets?
[Reply]
Page 2320 of 3903
« First < 1320182022202270231023162317231823192320 232123222323232423302370242028203320 > Last »
Up