Page 162 of 298
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 11:42 PM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by Jimmya:
My buddy that's an eagles fan is constantly telling me "no matter what you all think or say" Fat Andy will not fire Sutton... Andy lost his job in Philly because he refused to get rid of his DC."....You guys are just repeating history
Article a few weeks back with Andy saying he doesn't fire people. If his coaches struggle he thinks it's on him to make them better.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:56 PM 12-10-2018
Chiefs could have another epic playoff collapse on defense and Sutton still wouldn't be fired.

As long as Reid is head coach, Sutton will be DC here, or at least he leaves on his own terms/retires.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:01 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Chiefs could have another epic playoff collapse on defense and Sutton still wouldn't be fired.

As long as Reid is head coach, Sutton will be DC here, or at least he leaves on his own terms/retires.
So far it would seem as though your take is right on the money.

One would have hoped that Sutton would learn that you, above all, have to pressure the QB when your secondary is made up of lesser players and the infermed. But alas, it seems like he's just not that kinda coach! You pretty-much blitz somebody on every play, you crowd the line most plays, you work to get the O-line to jump, and you work to perfect disguising which player(s) are blitzing. Sure, the bad guys will do what they can to figure out who's doing what, but just because they will try doesn't mean you don't try.

But you DON'T give the QB 4-6 seconds to find an open receiver, and a receiver to draw a holding or DPI call.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 07:59 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

One would have hoped that Sutton would learn that you, above all, have to pressure the QB when your secondary is made up of lesser players and the infermed. But alas, it seems like he's just not that kinda coach! You pretty-much blitz somebody on every play, you crowd the line most plays, you work to get the O-line to jump, and you work to perfect disguising which player(s) are blitzing. Sure, the bad guys will do what they can to figure out who's doing what, but just because they will try doesn't mean you don't try.

But you DON'T give the QB 4-6 seconds to find an open receiver, and a receiver to draw a holding or DPI call.
He wasn’t the problem when his defense carried this franchise for 5 years. Why is he a problem now?
[Reply]
Aspengc8 07:59 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

KC doesn't have the defensive backs to handle coverage assignments if you bring more than 4. They don't really have even 1 solid DB that can take away the other teams #1 in a blitz situation. I'd rather have a team throw into coverage, than to make easy throws that anyone could make with their eyes closed against our DB's 1v1. The defense needs a overhaul of talent in the secondary, and inside linebackers that attack downhill.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:51 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by carcosa:
He could give some great/unintelligible motivational speeches
He could also explain an assignment, what to do when your individual assignment breaks down, and probably how NOT to be a useless pile o' poo when everything seems to be falling apart during a play.
Survey says he could also probably watch some opposition reel during the half and make this thing they call an..."adjustment"...when your 1st half game plan is not working very well. Our current D-Coord is unfamiliar with this..."adjustment"...practice, and it has cost us games in the face of not having an all-star defensive roster that could just do all of the work for him, so he wouldn't have to think.
These....."adjustments".....are crucial.

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
He wasn’t the problem when his defense carried this franchise for 5 years. Why is he a problem now?
Nope.

Buttons had two good seasons, 2013 and 2014. Starting in 2015, he began his downhill slide which has landed us where we are today.

You do not get to re-write history, and I shant allow thee to play the contrarian in this matter, sir. :-)

The defensive earth? We're about to scorch it.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:54 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
KC doesn't have the defensive backs to handle coverage assignments if you bring more than 4. They don't really have even 1 solid DB that can take away the other teams #1 in a blitz situation. I'd rather have a team throw into coverage, than to make easy throws that anyone could make with their eyes closed against our DB's 1v1. The defense needs a overhaul of talent in the secondary, and inside linebackers that attack downhill.
^this^
[Reply]
farmerchief 08:56 AM 12-11-2018
My buddy that's an eagles fan is constantly telling me "no matter what you all think or say" Fat Andy will not fire Sutton... Andy lost his job in Philly because he refused to get rid of his DC."....You guys are just repeating history
. Did he not get rid of Rivera, who was his DC, and one of his friends????????
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:07 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
He could also explain an assignment, what to do when your individual assignment breaks down, and probably how NOT to be a useless pile o' poo when everything seems to be falling apart during a play.
Survey says he could also probably watch some opposition reel during the half and make this thing they call an..."adjustment"...when your 1st half game plan is not working very well. Our current D-Coord is unfamiliar with this..."adjustment"...practice, and it has cost us games in the face of not having an all-star defensive roster that could just do all of the work for him, so he wouldn't have to think.
These....."adjustments".....are crucial.

Nope.

Buttons had two good seasons, 2013 and 2014. Starting in 2015, he began his downhill slide which has landed us where we are today.

You do not get to re-write history, and I shant allow thee to play the contrarian in this matter, sir. :-)

The defensive earth? We're about to scorch it.
You are full of shit... We were 3rd in scoring defense in '15, 7th in '16, and 15th last year, despite injuries to 3 of your best players, Berry, Houston and DJ during those years... We have a talent problem right now with our ILB and Safeties. CB's have played much better as the years progressed and we have given up a bunch of yards earlier this season with 3 score leads...

Oh, and the last 3 years in the playoffs... Shutout Houston, Lost to Brady and the Patriots in Foxboro giving up 27, Lost to the Stealers giving up 18, and lost to the Titans giving up 22 on a freak play. Our defense at home this year is better than on the road by a ton... If we get HFA, we will be hard to beat.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:10 AM 12-11-2018
Clearly he was the problem in our historic playoff losses. The fact that anyone still defends the POS is pure lunacy.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:27 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
You are full of shit... We were 3rd in scoring defense in '15, 7th in '16, and 15th last year, despite injuries to 3 of your best players, Berry, Houston and DJ during those years... We have a talent problem right now with our ILB and Safeties. CB's have played much better as the years progressed and we have given up a bunch of yards earlier this season with 3 score leads...

Oh, and the last 3 years in the playoffs... Shutout Houston, Lost to Brady and the Patriots in Foxboro giving up 27, Lost to the Stealers giving up 18, and lost to the Titans giving up 22 on a freak play. Our defense at home this year is better than on the road by a ton... If we get HFA, we will be hard to beat.
Ohhhhhh Lil' Chiefy is just SO RILED UP!!! GRRRRRR!!! :-)

Take those individual stats and shove them up your blind Hawkeye kiester, you bouncing, rubber ass-monkey.

Total team stat, the ONLY stat that is an ACCURATE REFLECTION of where a defense truly lies in the grand scheme of things, currently has us ranked at #30. AND WE ARE PLAYING EXACTLY LIKE THAT.
Of course, that's a BIG step up from #32 just three weeks ago, so let's all chip in and drop-ship ol' Bobby Buttons a fresh new case of Metamucil for Christmas!
If Wilson has the ability to go score for score with Mahomes, then there is VERY MUCH a chance of losing that game. ANY TEAM that can match the production of the Chiefs offense, has every chance in the world to beat them.
And this isn't some fantastical daydream I made up, it's a stone-cold and PROVEN FACT as demonstrated by both the Patriots and the Rams.
And Bob-O Buttons has led the charge with his "going downhill since 2015"-brand of "defensive coordinating". It's been slow and steady, but it definitely picked up speed in 16 and 17, then hit lightspeed this season.

Bob's Earth? We're scorching that bitch when this season comes to an end.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:30 AM 12-11-2018
"....your secondary is made up of lesser players and the infermed" I suppose.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:32 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Clearly he was the problem in our historic playoff losses. The fact that anyone still defends the POS is pure lunacy.
The fact that anybody here thinks ANYBODY is "defending" Bob Sutton is pure idiocy. But I'm not surprised, Chiefsplanet doesn't allow any thinking that isn't binary.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 AM 12-11-2018
Andy lost his job in Philly because he consolidated player personnel control and then made several bad roster decisions.

Nothing like making crap up to support an argument...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:34 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
So....we can't blitz, and we can't cover, what do we do? That sounds like a song! And we all agree, we need better people in our secondary, but I don't see that happening any time soon enough to matter. Perhaps Berry could see if he's still any good, but what other experiments are out there?
[Reply]
Page 162 of 298
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262 > Last »
Up