ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 80
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
vailpass 03:06 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's POSSIBLE that SpaceX or Amazon will come through with their new satellite constellations, but no clue what they will cost.
Until yesterday I didn't even know they were working on it. Both those names inspire some confidence, though, they are known for getting things done. We'll see.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:14 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's POSSIBLE that SpaceX or Amazon will come through with their new satellite constellations, but no clue what they will cost.
I'm paying around $115/month for basic DirecTV, plus whatever the NFL pack costs, and I believe around $80/month for 20G "high speed" data on Hughesnet, so it would have to be really expensive to not be worth it for me.

The thing that sucks is it's not like I live on some isolated mountain top. I'm a little out of town and there are small communities all around the valley plus the marina. There is a big ass mountain right across the valley from my house with cell towers and such all over it but no one will come out and put a wireless tower on it. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 03:16 PM 06-18-2019
Hughes net is like the worst internet ever.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:18 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That one brunette with the nice cans that gives the little spiel for them is nice, though.

EDIT: She has an instagram, it would appear. And yes, she is very hot

https://www.instagram.com/sitara_hewitt/?hl=en
[Reply]
Mecca 03:20 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That one brunette with the nice cans that gives the little spiel for them is nice, though.
LOL, you know it's bad when I have Comcast and after hearing the shit about Hughesnet and Century link I refuse to move to an area far enough out to not have a main net provider.

I was like yea I'm gonna stop complaining about my service now.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:23 PM 06-18-2019
The Gen 5 is better than the old hard cap system but, yes, it sucks. The problem is that the only other option sucks way harder (and is more expensive).

A wireless tower up on this would solve everything for a bunch of us. There's already power because of all of the cell towers already there.

[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:24 PM 06-18-2019
Yep. I had it for a few years. Fortunately, our subdivision got fiber and I was able to dump them. The Gen 5 was better. But I was lucky if I made it to the 15th before o hit the cap and was throttled down to shit speeds for the rest of the month. Our fiber provider is a small local company. We get 25mbps speeds for $50/ month. It's not the best fiber service, but it's a hell of a lot better than Hughes net.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:24 PM 06-18-2019
They were running fiber for Verizon Fios in my neighborhood the other day.....not sure how I feel about all that.

Verizon is super high for just a phone.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:25 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Yep. I had it for a few years. Fortunately, our subdivision got fiber and I was able to dump them. The Gen 5 was better. But I was lucky if I made it to the 15th before o hit the cap and was throttled down to shit speeds for the rest of the month. Our fiber provider is a small local company. We get 25mbps speeds for $50/ month. It's not the best fiber service, but it's a hell of a lot better than Hughes net.
I'd probably lose my shit on that.......I'm at 250 down and some days I wish it was higher.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:27 PM 06-18-2019
I refuse to move to an area far enough out to not have a main net provider.
I moved here before I knew what the internet even was.

If only I had known. If I lived in town (two miles away), it would be unlimited 25 Mbps for under $50/month. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 03:28 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I moved here before I knew what the internet even was.

If only I had known. If I lived in town (two miles away), it would be unlimited 25 Mbps for under $50/month. :-)
I'm supposed to be at 70 a month for 250 down but I'm at 120 because of data caps..I get to pay 50 a month extra to be uncapped because I'm always over that number, usually within a week.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:29 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I rarely make it a week and we don't even stream video or anything. I think their meter is full of shit.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:30 PM 06-18-2019
I'm supposed to be at 70 a month for 250 down but I'm at 120 because of data caps..I get to pay 50 a month extra to be uncapped because I'm always over that number, usually within a week.
I'd pay that in a heartbeat.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:11 PM 06-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I rarely make it a week and we don't even stream video or anything. I think their meter is full of shit.
Oh I know. I ran out around a week in many a time. It took major laying off the internet to get close to the 15th. It helped that I have unlimited internet on my phone, so I used it quite a bit back then. One thing that I didn't like, the local provider charged a $300 installation fee. I thought that was ridiculous, but to get rid of Hughes net and get decent internet, I paid it. I was paying $70/ month to Hughes net, now I'm paying $50. 15 months in, that wiped out the install fee.
[Reply]
wheeler08 05:12 PM 06-18-2019
I pay $88 a month for 20 mb and speed test is 14 mb. Fml
[Reply]
Page 64 of 80
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874 > Last »
Up