ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 153
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:50 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I would imagine the series will have flashbacks in which Christensen will appear as Anakin, as well as playing Darth Vader, as he did at the end of ROTS.
A chance for Hayden to almost completely redeem the prequels, and himself.

Don't fuck it up.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:50 PM 12-10-2020
The Bad Batch eps of the Clone Wars fell flat for me, but I'll give them a shot.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:51 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The Bad Batch eps of the Clone Wars fell flat for me, but I'll give them a shot.
I just put the teaser trailer in the Star Wars Repository thread, along with other teasers. This has far more potential than I had imagined.

A sneak peek at Star Wars: The Bad Batch, an all-new animated Original Series from Lucasfilm Animation, coming soon to #DisneyPlus pic.twitter.com/V0jQc4XNIe

— Star Wars (@starwars) December 10, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:53 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
A chance for Hayden to almost completely redeem the prequels, and himself.

Don't fuck it up.
Well, Deborah Chow is a great director so hopefully, she pull the necessary performances out of him.

George certainly couldn't.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:53 PM 12-10-2020

[Reply]
007 06:00 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
A Young Jar Jar series?

BANHAMMER
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:48 PM 12-10-2020
What’s the acolyte about?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:56 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What’s the acolyte about?
It's going to be set at the end of The High Republic, which will be the first time we've seen any other era outside of the Skywalker saga.

The Republic stood for 1,000 years before the Empire, so we're going to see something like the last 100 years of the High Republic, when there were 10's of thousands of Jedi and no Sith, heh.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:59 PM 12-10-2020

Disney to Spend $8 Billion-$9 Billion on Disney Plus Content Through Fiscal 2024 https://t.co/qFsLtcA6N5

— Variety (@Variety) December 11, 2020

[Reply]
keg in kc 08:20 PM 12-10-2020
It's going to be set at the end of The High Republic, which will be the first time we've seen any other era outside of the Skywalker saga.

The Republic stood for 1,000 years before the Empire, so we're going to see something like the last 100 years of the High Republic, when there were 10's of thousands of Jedi and no Sith, heh.
The titular character will purportedly be a dark side acolyte rising to power. Something along the lines of Bane or Plagueis.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:22 PM 12-10-2020

The titular character will purportedly be a dark side acolyte rising to power. Something along the lines of Bane or Plagueis.
Fuck yeah. I’m in for that.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:23 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Why, in the name of all that is good and holy, would they bring that talentless hack back into this?
I would imagine the series will have flashbacks in which Christensen will appear as Anakin, as well as playing Darth Vader, as he did at the end of ROTS.
Fuck that. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:13 PM 12-10-2020
Cool! Maybe we'll see Plagueis as an Apprentice...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:43 PM 12-10-2020
Oh yeah, this is supposed to be a "Female-centric" series but I don't know if that refers to the Acolyte or the Jedi or all of the above.

Good lord, I would absolutely love to see a character like Assaj Ventress in a Live Action series.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12-11-2020, 01:17 AM
This message has been deleted by L.A. Chieffan.
keg in kc 03:09 AM 12-11-2020
Maybe the worst episode of the series, with one of the most perfect endings.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 153
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131 > Last »
Up