ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 153
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Huffmeister 11:00 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, to be fair, his options were very limited. Joshua Jackson? Chris Klein? James Van Der Beek? Colin Hanks? Ryan Phillipe?

I can't see any of those guys as Anakin, either.
He could have gone with Christian Bale.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:01 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
That episode was badass. It felt like it was 10 minutes long.

Dane, I noticed a lot of it looked like it was filmed on location rather than using the ‘The Volume’
Practical sets inside The Volume. It was all shot in Long Beach.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:24 AM 12-05-2020
Practical sets inside The Volume. It was all shot in Long Beach.
Holy sh*t. That’s incredible
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:44 AM 12-05-2020
I doubt it happens, but it would be kick ass if they pulled a young Luke, Han and Lando into this thing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:47 AM 12-05-2020
BACK FROM THE DEAD, ASSHOLES!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:32 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I doubt it happens, but it would be kick ass if they pulled a young Luke, Han and Lando into this thing.
I'm not stating that will unequivocally happen but Donald Glover, Alden Ehrenreich and even Emilia Clarke are under contract for two more films and all of have previously indicated they'd be open to working on Star Wars TV series. Sebastian Stan has also indicated he'd be thrilled to play Luke Skywalker, so it's definitely within the realm of possibility.

As I previously mentioned, there are 10 Star Wars series currently in "Development". Now, Development doesn't mean that it will automatically go to series but what it means is that Lucasfilm is interested in developing a "Concept" for a TV show. If the concept gets past the first stage, they'll put together a Writer's Room in order to write a "Book" or what some refer to as a "Bible", for a a minimum of 24 episodes. This "Book" will map out the beginning, middle and end of the series, generally with 1 or 2 page description of what happens in each episode.

From that point, Lucasfilm will either continue developing the series, which will include artwork, some story boards and more detail, along with a "Treatment" for each episode, which will provide more detail about the episode, some character background and so on. If everything works out, the series will move to the next phase in which casting and a Pilot are set.

Bob Iger indicated this year that they're planning to use The Mandalorian as an anchor for spinoff properties, which is why we're beginning to see characters like Bo-Katan, Ahsoka and Boba Fett this season because they want to gauge the audience reaction via streaming numbers.

So far in Season 2, the streaming numbers have been astronomical, which has also led to huge streaming numbers for The Clone Wars series, because people want to find out more about Ahsoka, Bo-Katan, the Mandalorians, The "Purge" and so on.

Disney+ is making sure that this is happening organically, meaning that they're carefully monitoring all internet chatter and streaming numbers because their goal of 175 million subscribers by 2025 won't happen without a very, very strong Star Wars presence on the service.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:48 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:53 PM 12-05-2020
1. It was Jabba's barge

2. Fett was employed as a bodyguard by Jabba at the time
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:04 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:09 PM 12-05-2020
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:13 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:15 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Spoiler!
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:15 PM 12-05-2020
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:34 PM 12-05-2020
Spoiler!
It has to be.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 04:43 PM 12-05-2020
meaning that they're carefully monitoring all internet chatter and streaming numbers because their goal of 175 million subscribers by 2025 won't happen without a very, very strong Star Wars presence on the service.
I heard late last week that the Ahsoka episode was their most viewed episode to date. And then I think the next day Rosario Dawson's 3 film deal came out. Coincidence? .....

I wouldn't be surprised if the streaming numbers for this week's episode end up being even stronger due to word of mouth.

And I just had a new thought about the episode's title:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 74 of 153
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124 > Last »
Up