ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 302 of 382
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312352 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:59 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Well I'll be damned.

I bet that was a hard find.
Wasn't too crazy here locally. Easier than finding a straight up Weller 12 bottle anyway.

Chicago devalues the shit out of our beers because neckbeards scoop everything up then have to pay rent the first of every month and fire sell everything. So its a fairly easy trade/secondary buy.

Plus its ultimately a Bud product so they've made a bunch despite what they've currently released in the wild.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:02 PM 01-02-2021
Well I'll be damned.

I bet that was a hard find.
He lives in beer heaven, probably picked it up at a 7-Eleven.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
lewdog 06:09 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Wasn't too crazy here locally. Easier than finding a straight up Weller 12 bottle anyway.

Chicago devalues the shit out of our beers because neckbeards scoop everything up then have to pay rent the first of every month and fire sell everything. So its a fairly easy trade/secondary buy.

Plus its ultimately a Bud product so they've made a bunch despite what they've currently released in the wild.
Weller 12 is super hard to find.

Fucking neckbeards. :-). I didn't know it was a Bud product.

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
He lives in beer heaven, probably picked it up at a 7-Eleven.

via GIPHY

Yeah sure seems like it. Even his bourbon selection seems pretty good.

I didn't get chosen for PPLD's raffle. Poop.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:21 PM 01-02-2021
:-)

Wife won a lottery for it....from a local grocery store chain

Seriously though, we are spoiled here but the competition is extreme. You got 8 million people on top of one another all looking for the same handful of bottles. November here is like Lord of the Flies.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:28 PM 01-02-2021

Seriously though, we are spoiled here but the competition is extreme. You got 8 million people on top of one another all looking for the same handful of bottles. November here is like Lord of the Flies.
Bearcat has the best beer and bourbon store in the state.

Don't let him fool you.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:32 PM 01-02-2021
Bearcat has the best beer and bourbon store in the state.

Don't let him fool you.
I mean Kings and Tops both blew me away, so maybe its a grass is greener sitch
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:35 PM 01-02-2021

Yeah, that is the nice thing out here... I brought home a case of BCS the week I moved out here and it was the end of December. It's impossible to find in KC after a week or two, much less a month after release, much less Chicago.... and there were 3+ cases that were sitting in a corner.

At the beer store today, there was still a bottle of the maple and a few of the apple cinnamon, and the Kentucky Fog... and they still have regular bottles of the 2019.

I actually stopped caring about it in KC, around the time they changed the release date to Black Friday... and if I lived in Chicago and could go to Mikerphone at any time, I might give a big middle finger to the scarcity factor if I had to stand in line or drive all around town for a bottle of BCS.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:40 PM 01-02-2021
I mean Kings and Tops both blew me away, so maybe its a grass is greener sitch
King's is fantastic, huge draft selection and a lot of Bottle Logic stuff.... they were redoing their lounge/bar area in the early Covid months, haven't been back to see it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:01 PM 01-02-2021
King's is fantastic, huge draft selection and a lot of Bottle Logic stuff.... they were redoing their lounge/bar area in the early Covid months, haven't been back to see it.
I've had some recent personal and occupational shifts that'll require me to frequent that area more often, so that's great to hear.

I think I remember you mentioning Wandering Tortoise which I also thought was also great a couple years ago when I was there.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:23 PM 01-02-2021
I've had some recent personal and occupational shifts that'll require me to frequent that area more often, so that's great to hear.

I think I remember you mentioning Wandering Tortoise which I also thought was also great a couple years ago when I was there.
Yeah, and I believe Wandering Tortoise and The Theodore Beer + Wine Bar have the same ownership, and they're both great beer stops. And Ground Control on the west end of Phoenix.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:31 PM 01-02-2021
Yeah, and I believe Wandering Tortoise and The Theodore Beer + Wine Bar have the same ownership, and they're both great beer stops. And Ground Control on the west end of Phoenix.
Ground Control has really gotten some great bottles this year. I follow on Facebook but just need to drink more. If they ever have something you know will go fast and want it, let me know and I’ll go grab it for you.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:37 PM 01-02-2021
Son of. bitch you guys are making me thirsty. Sipping some Tank 7 someone gave me for xmas. Great beer but its been a while since I have had it. IOt just gets overlooked these days.

Had a not good Smore flavored Imperial stout earlier from High Gravity. Not a fan.
[Reply]
scho63 01:22 PM 01-03-2021
I have two really great beer and bottle shops now close to me in Tempe.

Picked up one of these Destihl as a trial and the flavor was incredible! Really awesome Russian Imperial Stout.

Nice kick with a high ABV of 12.5%
Attached: 20201231_162808_HDR.jpg (252.4 KB) 20201231_162824_HDR.jpg (195.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:31 PM 01-03-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
I have two really great beer and bottle shops now close to me in Tempe.

Picked up one of these Destihl as a trial and the flavor was incredible! Really awesome Russian Imperial Stout.

Nice kick with a high ABV of 12.5%
FFS, Illinois again? Goddamnit, KCU!! :-)

Seriously though, I'll have to keep an eye out for it, looks like it would be right up my alley!
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:59 AM 02-02-2021
Funny you asked, KCU, I was just bumping this thread after glancing through the beer supply. What are you thinking for Sunday?

So for this year, forgot I had these two... how fucking perfect is this imagery?

Rum barrel isn't my favorite though.

These two below will be opened. Source Code is one of my favorites from them... thick, heavy German chocolate cake, not sure it was distributed outside of LA.

Someone gave me a ~6-7 year old BCS Coffee which needs to be opened.

Also thinking about potentially a Cafe de Olla of the BCS variety or Bottle Logic, or maybe Special #4, or Fate King Sized Candy Bar Stout... but, with the lack of travel and trips to Phoenix and LA, I'm kind of in low supply of the really good shit, and it's really hard picking them out when I'm down to a last bottle of something (and the BL Transmit in All Colors gets better and better with age, but I'm down to one).

I'll probably make a beer store run and grab some Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Chocolate Stout or maybe Blvd BBQ... something on the lighter side to get me through the afternoon and halftime.

[Reply]
Page 302 of 382
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312352 > Last »
Up