ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3838 of 3903
« First < 2838333837383788382838343835383638373838 383938403841384238483888 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:50 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
I don't see how getting sick would convince a person that vaccines work or aren't dangerous.

depends on how sick you get

I had a buddy get sick who was totally dead set against the vax.

He ended up on oxygen and said he changed his mind and even if the vax just lessened his sickness, he would do it ,
because of how shitty it was to be in the hospital and have to be stuck to an oxygen tank after gettign out...

might be a case of the lesser of two evils in some peoples minds or which is the bigger risk -
vaccine side effects vs covid complications
[Reply]
O.city 06:42 AM 12-23-2021
https://twitter.com/nachristakis/sta...534154241?s=21

Super long thread on Twitter but really informative if interested
[Reply]
O.city 11:56 AM 12-23-2021
Omnicron outcompeting Delta in those with immunity by antibody evasion then running up against cellular immunity leading to a lesser disease is really best case scenario.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 12:03 PM 12-23-2021
All within the past week, I know two people who have passed from this and two more who probably aren't going to make it. All unvaxed. One is an early 20's obese girl. Two were in their 60's and one is about 50. It's hitting closer and closer to home.
[Reply]
O.city 11:46 AM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
All within the past week, I know two people who have passed from this and two more who probably aren't going to make it. All unvaxed. One is an early 20's obese girl. Two were in their 60's and one is about 50. It's hitting closer and closer to home.
That sucks man. It’s rough. Good luck to you and yours.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:51 AM 12-24-2021
It's just...damn.

Just get the damned shots. It's insurance. It's doing your part for your community. There's no reason not to. This is ridiculous.

We live in a society. No man is an island and all of that. It's such a small thing to help keep people safe.

If you don't give a shit about your neighbors or the lady in front of you in the check-out line, then just consider it insurance for yourself. FREE insurance!
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 11:57 AM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
That sucks man. It’s rough. Good luck to you and yours.
Thank you. The young girl died last night.
Now my FIL tested positive yesterday. He's in his 60's, heart problems, obese and a whole litany of other health issues. He wouldn't get vaccinated because he was scared of it based on shit he'd read online. My wife is very upset and scared. I did talk him into getting the monoclonal antibody treatment last night. He's sicker today and blames the infusion. It's certainly possible that it made him feel worse short term. It's also likely he was going to get sicker because he has fucking COVID. But he blames the infusion I recommended.

I worry that if something happens to him the family will think it's because of the treatment I suggested that "made him worse". We're scheduled to leave for The Bahamas Monday but my wife now has reservations about going and leaving her dad behind. Life's just so complicated right now. Well, at least for the lucky ones it is.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:58 AM 12-24-2021
Just found out a few days ago that my youngest son, his wife and 4 kids all have the rona. He and the kids are all recovering and doing fine, his wife is having a rough time. She's the only one vaccinated and got sick first. Take it for what its worth, but the more info that comes out about the shot, the happier I am I didn't get it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:02 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Just found out a few days ago that my youngest son, his wife and 4 kids all have the rona. He and the kids are all recovering and doing fine, his wife is having a rough time. She's the only one vaccinated and got sick first. Take it for what its worth, but the more info that comes out about the shot, the happier I am I didn't get it.
If you just read this thread, dozens of posters have lost loved ones to covid. No one has lost a loved one to the vaccine.

You have to look really hard for information to back your opinion about risk/reward of the vaccine, and ignore the giant mountain of evidence to the contrary.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 12:03 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
the more info that comes out about the shot, the happier I am I didn't get it.
You must be doing selective reading.

I hope your DIL recovers very soon.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:08 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
If you just read this thread, dozens of posters have lost loved ones to covid. No one has lost a loved one to the vaccine.

You have to look really hard for information to back your opinion about risk/reward of the vaccine, and ignore the giant mountain of evidence to the contrary.
It's easy when you just choose to disregard anything that doesn't support your position.

Look, I have a person in my network who ended up hospitalized for Myocarditis (from the vaccine). I'm not disputing that side effects can't happen.

But I've had far more people in my network (10 off the top of my head) who have been hospitalized or died from COVID. Two who still can not work (after getting COVID at the beginning of the year) and are relying on the goodwill of GoFundMe's to not lose their homes. The president of my town's city council died of COVID after a council meeting. In my hometown, my childhood best friend lost his uncle - a business owner in the town (my childhood friend blames China for developing the virus as a "bioweapon" and is convinced the vaccine is a "bioweapon" along with the virus itself via the spike protein). My aunt lost her significant other to COVID (she still blames the mask for giving him the infection).

But, if you choose to surround yourself to vaccine horror stories from Candace Owens (who herself is vaccinated) and those in her network, then yeah, it's easy to come to the conclusion that the vaccine is the problem. I respected Trump a lot for going on her show and taking a stand for one of his admin's greatest achievements developing the vaccine yesterday.
[Reply]
O.city 12:09 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Thank you. The young girl died last night.
Now my FIL tested positive yesterday. He's in his 60's, heart problems, obese and a whole litany of other health issues. He wouldn't get vaccinated because he was scared of it based on shit he'd read online. My wife is very upset and scared. I did talk him into getting the monoclonal antibody treatment last night. He's sicker today and blames the infusion. It's certainly possible that it made him feel worse short term. It's also likely he was going to get sicker because he has ****ing COVID. But he blames the infusion I recommended.

I worry that if something happens to him the family will think it's because of the treatment I suggested that "made him worse". We're scheduled to leave for The Bahamas Monday but my wife now has reservations about going and leaving her dad behind. Life's just so complicated right now. Well, at least for the lucky ones it is.
Damn. That sucks. Hopefully he kicks it. Keeping your fam in out thoughts
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:10 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

I recently lost a cousin who was vaxed and a different cousin lost her unvaxed husband to covid. He had stage 4 bone cancer and his bones started breaking on their own. She had no underlying conditions other than being a little overweight.

The risk/reward info is out there if you choose to look for it. I have and have made my choice. Right or wrong, I'm doing what I feel is in my best interest
[Reply]
O.city 12:14 PM 12-24-2021
Do what you think is best. Get the most information you can and make a decision.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:14 PM 12-24-2021
There's a ton of misinformation out there put out by people who make money off of clicks or selling supplements, etc. Are you sure you're qualified to tell the difference? Have you looked into the backgrounds of every source you find?
[Reply]
Page 3838 of 3903
« First < 2838333837383788382838343835383638373838 383938403841384238483888 > Last »
Up