ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 379
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:41 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by MOARGore:

My concern is that they're not going to get to Mahomes EVERY time, and he can hit explosive plays that dig the team out of holes even if they get behind the sticks.
It's a valid concern. Belichick has done about as good of a job as possible slowing down the KC offense, but has still given up huge plays at times. It is hard to cover all of the weapons. And the pass rush is not going to get to Mahomes 100% of the time.

I think it's very possible we see a pretty high scoring game. Would be wild if this turns into the Niners/Saints game with both teams over 40 points.
[Reply]
burt 07:43 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by SanDiego49er:
If you think 2018 49ers = 2019 49ers boy you are in for a real surprise. There are multiple free agents, draft picks, guys coming back from injuries and young guys who now grew up who have had a big impact. Night and day. 2018 - 2019. Not the same team at all. If you are hoping for that team to show up you are in for a real unpleasant surprise. Also the QB got hurt and we were dealing with a backup too. No small thing there either.
We went over this PAGES ago. 2019 49ers are different from 2018 49ers
Second half 2019 Chiefs are different from first half 2019 Chiefs.

Both have better player/ healthy players. Got it.
[Reply]
burt 07:45 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by FLBRONCO:
Just stopping by. I am normally on a different board as you can tell. On the average day you all are my sworn enemy. But we are out of it and I'm getting soft in my old age.

Just wanted to say I am happy for Andy, the team and all of you. One thing I know is that the Chiefs have a very loyal fan base who have hung in there for a long time. Us older Bronco fans can relate a bit.

I was VERY HAPPY to see you all bring the Trophy home!

It will be hard in the SB cause SF is the west coast Broncos with all of the former Broncos out there. Just the same San Fran has had their fair share and I will be very happy to see you all bring the first one home in 50 yrs, you all deserve it. So for this game at least I wish you all luck and there will be a big part of me rooting for you.

Good Luck (Salute)
What city are you in? Did several years in Fla
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:50 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by MOARGore:
Armstead is actually really versatile. He plays both inside and outside and is good against the run and pass.

Ford has been a great speed rusher for us that has boosted the line as a whole.

My concern is that they're not going to get to Mahomes EVERY time, and he can hit explosive plays that dig the team out of holes even if they get behind the sticks.
Glad you’re on to give some feedback here — I mentioned earlier that it seems SF likes to keep Ford on the sideline until they’re in true passing situations. But with KC, that’s every single down.

Do you think he’s going to play full time this game? And if so, how do you see that helping or hurting your defense?
[Reply]
Red Beans 07:50 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by BangbangNinerGang:
Look up David Lombardi on Twitter.
A guy that covers the 49ers and has covered "bay area athletics" his entire career. I can't imagine why I haven't heard of him.
[Reply]
FLBRONCO 07:51 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
What city are you in? Did several years in Fla
I was on the east coast in a place called Palm Bay. It is in between Titusville and Sebastian Inlet. I spent most of my life in FL. However My wife is from (not kidding) MO. And a few years ago we moved to Southern MO in the Ozarks
[Reply]
Red Beans 07:51 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Glad you’re on to give some feedback here — I mentioned earlier that it seems SF likes to keep Ford on the sideline until they’re in true passing situations. But with KC, that’s every single down.

Do you think he’s going to play full time this game? And if so, how do you see that helping or hurting your defense?
Hurt or offsides? Maybe he'll hurt himself while jumping offsides?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:55 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by SanDiego49er:
Also the QB got hurt
Really?? What game did THAT happen in??
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:55 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Red Beans:
Hurt or offsides? Maybe he'll hurt himself while jumping offsides?
I'll take the over?
[Reply]
A8bil 07:58 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
How does everybody think the 49ers D compares to the Rams D we faced on Monday night football 2018? They had aaron donald and company and gave us some fits. Serious question. We put up 50.
Donald was a stud, for sure, but I'm not sure why you think their D was that dominant. Only 41 sacks on the season in 2018. KC had 52!
[Reply]
RunKC 08:20 PM 01-21-2020
Never realized how many well known people are Chiefs fans:

Paul Rudd
Eric Stonestreet
Rob Riggle
Henry Cavill
Drew Lock
David Koechner
Jason Sudekis
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:21 PM 01-21-2020
Remember this?

[Reply]
staylor26 08:21 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Never realized how many well known people are Chiefs fans:

Paul Rudd
Eric Stonestreet
Rob Riggle
Henry Cavill
Drew Lock
David Koechner
Jason Sudekis
Don’t forget Brad Pitt the most famous of them all.
[Reply]
MOARGore 08:30 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I don't think Ford will play full time because they'll want to keep him fresh. We try to rotate quite a bit so guys can go hard.

Ford hasn't been a liability against the run.

There were a couple games where power runs up the gut hurt our wide 9 alignment because the DTs were getting double-teamed, and a LB might not have been gap-sound.

That's been cleaned up, and our run defense has been pretty solid since the middle of the season.

Mahomes's mobility can tire out the rush, though. That's what happened in the second Seattle game. Wilson just kept extending plays, and by the second half of the 4th quarter, we were cooked.

Although Ford, Tart, and Kwon didn't play in that game.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:43 PM 01-21-2020
Mahomes literally knew he had problems with his game and instead of settling down and just saying oh I don’t need to correct them cuz I’m so good he actually looked in the mirror and corrected his mistakes. He is greatness

With one game to play, where does this #chiefs team stand? My report from @gmfb pic.twitter.com/GRhF5Px1kR

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) January 21, 2020

[Reply]
Page 98 of 379
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148198 > Last »
Up