ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1885 of 4871
« First < 885138517851835187518811882188318841885 188618871888188918951935198523852885 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 08:52 PM 08-01-2018
Not a great look on the national media stage:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...agued-mistakes

m Teicher
ESPN Staff Writer
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- PMINT made a choice early in Wednesday's training camp practice that the Kansas City Chiefs' starting quarterback immediately regretted.

With the offense close to the goal line, Mahomes dropped to pass but had a running lane so wide he could have scored the touchdown himself. Mahomes instead threw into the end zone, where the pass was intercepted by reserve defensive back Leon McQuay.

"That was on me," Mahomes said. "I easily could have run in it. We were in a live period and I kind of didn't want to hear the defense talking trash to me for running it in because they can't tackle me [during practice]. So I threw the ball. ... You just have to play the game how it's supposed to be played [and] don't try to force something in because they can't tackle you. It's just something I have to learn from, and hopefully in a game I just run it in.

"That's the first thing I said when I came to the sideline: I could have run it. [The coaches] said, 'Then just do it. Don't train bad habits.' ... That was the play that needed to be made on that one."

It was a learning moment for Mahomes and a mistake he might not make again. But it's not the only mistake he has made in camp. He threw two other interceptions Wednesday and has seven in six camp practices. Six of the picks have come during the three practice sessions in pads, when play is most competitive.

"He had a few hiccups today," offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy said. "But that's a part of the process. When you're young you need those hiccups because they become valuable lessons. ... Would we like for him to be perfect? Yes. We'd like for him to have the highest quarterback rating ever. ... He just needs to be poised under pressure."

Mahomes -- who only played in one game last season as a rookie -- is also making his share of big plays at practice. On Wednesday he threw over the top to Tyreek Hill for a long touchdown pass.

But dealing with interceptions is something new for the Chiefs, who had the conservative Alex Smith as their quarterback for the last five seasons. Smith threw just five picks last season in 505 pass attempts.

That's another mistake Smith rarely made, if ever.

"Being able to get in and out of the huddle, calling the right plays and then not making a bad play worse is something I've got to keep getting better at," Mahomes said.

"I have to eliminate those mistakes. It's something that can be described as a learning process. Hopefully I make those mistakes now and don't make them in the game."

Despite the six camp interceptions, Bieniemy said he's not seeing Mahomes repeat any of his mistakes. They're all the result, he said, of different factors.

He also said he's convinced Mahomes won't throw another interception when such a big running lane is available.
[Reply]
CrossCheck 08:53 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Because Denver has two Pro Bowl WR's and a promising rookie who could be better than both of them?
15. Denver Broncos
Yards per route run as a unit, rank: 1.21 (25th)

Once one of the league’s top receiving duos, Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas have seen their effectiveness dip of late. Thomas in particular has been nowhere near as dynamic after the catch. He averaged just under 15 broken tackles per year from 2012-2015. That number has dipped to only 7.5 over the last two seasons.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...-entering-2018
[Reply]
CrossCheck 08:55 PM 08-01-2018
1. Minnesota Vikings
Yards per route run as a unit, rank: 1.49 (T-7th)

The Vikings 1-2 punch is simply unrivaled across the NFL at the moment. Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs are both top notch route runners with exceptional ball skills. Both finished among the top 10 in contested catch rate a season ago with Diggs actually leading the league. Now throw Kendall Wright in the slot – the Bears most productive receiver a season ago – and you have a complete receiving corp. It should be no surprise that the Vikings have signed Diggs to a contract extension, locking him up until 2023.

2. Kansas City Chiefs
Yards per route run as a unit, rank: 1.43 (10th)

We were splitting hairs between the top two here with Sammy Watkins down 2017 season being the lone differentiator. The Chiefs have the league’s most productive deep receiver from a season ago in Tyreek Hill and the most productive tight end from the slot in Travis Kelce. Kareem Hunt’s receiving ability shouldn’t go unnoticed as well as he broke 16 tackles on 61 receptions last year.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 08:55 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by CrossCheck:
15. Denver Broncos
Yards per route run as a unit, rank: 1.21 (25th)

Once one of the league’s top receiving duos, Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas have seen their effectiveness dip of late. Thomas in particular has been nowhere near as dynamic after the catch. He averaged just under 15 broken tackles per year from 2012-2015. That number has dipped to only 7.5 over the last two seasons.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...-entering-2018
Omni is that you?
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:22 PM 08-01-2018
Kramptrectum is scrambling to find any negative story on Mahomes. I guess he does not have anything positive to post about his own team with the way their defense is getting burned day after day by a journeyman QB and a late round rookie.

Mahomes getting his first NFL win in your house is pretty sweet and the more you cry about it trying to change the narrative, makes it that much sweeter.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:27 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
If you mean gay hair when you say PMINT has the “it” factor, I concur
:-)

Pathetic trash talking. Can't wait until Mahomes kicks your asses for the next decade. Too bad he doesn't have cool hair like Brock Asswiper your hero or Manning. Yep, Manning had beautiful hair above his foreheads.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:29 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by CrossCheck:
Both finished among the top 10 in contested catch rate a season ago with Diggs actually leading the league.
That stat tells you everything you need to know about Keesum...his passer rating was inflated by TWO WRs in the top 10 in contested catches. It's not sustainable.

He's not an accurate QB...he's either throwing high % dump offs or up-for-grabs passes. There is a reason the Vikings kicked him to the curb...

Like I posted earlier...had that miracle pass not happened vs. NO, he would be remembered as the QB that choked away a playoff game. If you're being pragmatic...he DID choke that game away and lucked into a once in a lifetime break.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:54 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
That stat tells you everything you need to know about Keesum...his passer rating was inflated by TWO WRs in the top 10 in contested catches. It's not sustainable.

He's not an accurate QB...he's either throwing high % dump offs or up-for-grabs passes. There is a reason the Vikings kicked him to the curb...

Like I posted earlier...had that miracle pass not happened vs. NO, he would be remembered as the QB that choked away a playoff game. If you're being pragmatic...he DID choke that game away and lucked into a once in a lifetime break.
So how is this guy and a late round rookie toasting the Denver secondary day in and day out? Did he get some HGH from Manning's wife?

Their secondary has been on the wrong end of every highlight. Where is that pass rush everyone is scared of? :-)

The rest of the NFL is going to feast on Denver's secondary. Better call Breeland.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:11 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
So how is this guy and a late round rookie toasting the Denver secondary day in and day out? Did he get some HGH from Manning's wife?

Their secondary has been on the wrong end of every highlight. Where is that pass rush everyone is scared of? :-)

The rest of the NFL is going to feast on Denver's secondary. Better call Breeland.
Their beat writer is a mouth-piece....never a negative word about the team. His instructions are to make Keesum look like a savior...he did the same shit with Lynch last year.

I haven't seen a peep about Chubb...and playing Harris out of position isn't going to work out as well as they thought. Losing Talib is going to be a bigger blow than anticipated.

They dont have to horses to handle Hill, Watkins, Conley and Kelce....sounds like a rookie is going to forced to cover one of them. KC has averaged 30 ppg when they had good players....now what.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 10:34 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
Not a great look on the national media stage:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...agued-mistakes

m Teicher
ESPN Staff Writer
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- PMINT made a choice early in Wednesday's training camp practice that the Kansas City Chiefs' starting quarterback immediately regretted.

With the offense close to the goal line, Mahomes dropped to pass but had a running lane so wide he could have scored the touchdown himself. Mahomes instead threw into the end zone, where the pass was intercepted by reserve defensive back Leon McQuay.

"That was on me," Mahomes said. "I easily could have run in it. We were in a live period and I kind of didn't want to hear the defense talking trash to me for running it in because they can't tackle me [during practice]. So I threw the ball. ... You just have to play the game how it's supposed to be played [and] don't try to force something in because they can't tackle you. It's just something I have to learn from, and hopefully in a game I just run it in.

"That's the first thing I said when I came to the sideline: I could have run it. [The coaches] said, 'Then just do it. Don't train bad habits.' ... That was the play that needed to be made on that one."

It was a learning moment for Mahomes and a mistake he might not make again. But it's not the only mistake he has made in camp. He threw two other interceptions Wednesday and has seven in six camp practices. Six of the picks have come during the three practice sessions in pads, when play is most competitive.

"He had a few hiccups today," offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy said. "But that's a part of the process. When you're young you need those hiccups because they become valuable lessons. ... Would we like for him to be perfect? Yes. We'd like for him to have the highest quarterback rating ever. ... He just needs to be poised under pressure."

Mahomes -- who only played in one game last season as a rookie -- is also making his share of big plays at practice. On Wednesday he threw over the top to Tyreek Hill for a long touchdown pass.

But dealing with interceptions is something new for the Chiefs, who had the conservative Alex Smith as their quarterback for the last five seasons. Smith threw just five picks last season in 505 pass attempts.

That's another mistake Smith rarely made, if ever.

"Being able to get in and out of the huddle, calling the right plays and then not making a bad play worse is something I've got to keep getting better at," Mahomes said.

"I have to eliminate those mistakes. It's something that can be described as a learning process. Hopefully I make those mistakes now and don't make them in the game."

Despite the six camp interceptions, Bieniemy said he's not seeing Mahomes repeat any of his mistakes. They're all the result, he said, of different factors.

He also said he's convinced Mahomes won't throw another interception when such a big running lane is available.
An angry, biased Teicher is national media? You repeatedly make this thread very entertaining :-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:42 AM 08-02-2018
I don’t want the Dungkeys fans banned because I can’t wait to watch their demise unfold.... AGAIN.... just like last year. They can see that they’re screwed, they just stick with their ever popular “in Elway we trust” lmao. Trusting a guy who hasn’t had a decent draft in over the 1000+ days it’s been since they’ve beaten KC. My problem with them is why do they keep posting Mahomes stuff in their Dungver thread? Seems a a bannable offense. There’s a PM thread and a training camp thread for that. But whatever, they’re scared. I guess when your GM whiffs on more draft picks, than MoreBeer sucks dicks before 10 am... its to be expected. Rectum boy claims we do t know how TC works and then starts telling us about our qb’s TC ints. Their fall will be more epic than last years. Just wish they weren’t such pussies that they won’t let me have an account at the mange cuz they’re a bunch of cowards. Of well, fuck em. Haven’t seen season predictions from Rectum boy yet.... I’m sure he’s seeing a SB victory at the end of the season lmao!
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:53 AM 08-02-2018
Case is a journeyman. Nothing more. He had some luck last year on a good team and Denver took the bait. Vikes rather hand a 100 mil to a QB that has accomplished nothing than keep him around. Elway thinks he still has the 15 defense, he doesn't but Case and Chubb will sell a few tickets. Mediocre team being ran by a coach that is considered sub standard. Yhe Denver dark years have begun.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:46 AM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Does anyone else find it humerous that the Broncos fans have turned their thread into another Mahomes discussion pool.

The obsession and fear are real . . . . .
Dude... Chiefs fans have spent the last 8 months crowing that Mahomes beat Denver's starters with one arm tied behind his back (which isn't true, he was 2-4 with 0 TD's, 1 INT, and a 56.2 QB Rating in the only quarter the majority of Denver's starters played).

You shouldn't be surprised when Bronco fans have a giggle when they find out Mahomes is throwing a pick party every day in practice.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:57 AM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
(Though he claimed he missed some Donx losses because of travel etc.)
I've always found humor with this one... I've missed more than just Broncos' losses. Over the last decade, I don't think I've ever been able to watch a full 16 game season.

Hell, I know for a fact that I did not see all of the games in 2015.

As an FYI... I will miss the 11/4 home game vs the Texans for sure this year, I'll be out of the country. Go ahead and mark that down. I'm sure there are 2 others that will be related to Scout camping trips. I don't have those schedules yet.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:59 AM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Dude... Chiefs fans have spent the last 8 months crowing that Mahomes beat Denver's starters with one arm tied behind his back (which isn't true, he was 2-4 with 0 TD's, 1 INT, and a 56.2 QB Rating in the only quarter the majority of Denver's starters played).

You shouldn't be surprised when Bronco fans have a giggle when they find out Mahomes is throwing a pick party every day in practice.
Why must you post fake news? Wilson had 2 catches on Harris alone.

And for every pick there's 3 td vids of 30+yard bombs.
[Reply]
Page 1885 of 4871
« First < 885138517851835187518811882188318841885 188618871888188918951935198523852885 > Last »
Up