Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rich Gannon out at CBS in NFL broadcast shakeup
siberian khatru 11:47 AM 02-22-2021
https://nypost.com/2021/02/22/gannon...v-free-agency/

Rich Gannon out at CBS in NFL broadcast shakeup

By Andrew Marchand
February 22, 2021 | 11:50am | Updated

Rich Gannon is out at CBS after 16 seasons as an NFL TV game analyst, The Post has learned.

Gannon, the former MVP quarterback, will not have his contract renewed in the first move of NFL TV free agency. When contacted by The Post, a CBS spokeswoman confirmed the news.

CBS has not set Gannon’s replacement just yet. The two internal candidates figure to be Adam Archuleta and James Lofton.

Before last season, CBS started to tip its hand on the 55-year-old Gannon when it split him from his longtime partner, Kevin Harlan. While CBS doesn’t officially designate its depth chart, Harlan and Trent Green did the third best game most weeks, while Greg Gumbel and Gannon received the fourth most-watched matchup.

This NFL TV hot stove may not be as flashy compared to last season when CBS locked up Tony Romo in a 10-year, $180 million contract. NBC signed Drew Brees for after he retires as studio and potentially a “Sunday Night Football” game analyst. CBS recruited Charles Davis from Fox to replace Dan Fouts on their second team. Fox anointed Greg Olsen its No. 2 game analyst with Kevin Burkhardt.

Burkhardt and CBS’ Ian Eagle were kept off the market with new deals, which will likely result in less movement.

At the moment, ESPN is sticking with its “Monday Night Football” crew of Steve Levy, Louis Riddick and Brian Griese, while the biggest fish potentially on the market is Jim Nantz. CBS is working toward re-signing Nantz, who has been looking for a deal similar to Romo’s.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:26 PM 02-22-2021
Gannon to the SNF booth?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:26 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
"So Philip, how many different ways were your 18 children conceived?"
*adjusts his bolo tie, sticks his chest out"

"It's 20 now, James. And proud to say we only needed one position - the missionary. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That's what I tell my old lady and the doctor everytime she pops out a pup."
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:27 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Gannon to the SNF booth?
Or MNF.

They're terrible.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:34 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Harlan/Romo would be an upgrade.
This would be EPIC !!! I would love this tandem !! I love Harlan and his legit enthusiasm. He is just as good if not better on radio. He really paints a picture for you that is for sure.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:53 PM 02-22-2021
Don't ever say anything bad about Jim Nantz again.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:55 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Don't ever say anything bad about Jim Nantz again.
Golf is Nantz's wheelhouse.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:48 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Good lord that Monday night crew is awful
It has been worse
[Reply]
Bowser 06:53 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Good lord that Monday night crew is awful
You're not wrong, but

[Reply]
scho63 07:21 PM 02-22-2021
Gannon was above average at a B-
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:29 PM 02-22-2021
I still don't think games need to have some talking shitbag droning on and on through the entire game

:-) already mr announcer

I would like to have the audio feed straight from the stadium, shit I would probably pay for the R rated on field audio if it was made available as a broadcast option
[Reply]
scho63 07:49 PM 02-22-2021
The elite announcers are becoming rarer by the day.

Boy do miss guys like Curt Gowdy, Tony Kubek, Frank Gifford, Joe Garagiola and that generation.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 07:53 PM 02-22-2021
In my 28 years as a football fan, the only time the Raiders were any good was the four year stretch that Rich Gannon was their starter.

Hated him as an announcer though. Always looked like he'd rather be anywhere else.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:57 PM 02-22-2021

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:07 PM 02-22-2021
Dumb and Dumber...

[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:43 PM 02-22-2021
I always wanted to shove that smug midget punk's ass into a cage of hungry crocks. You know he is standing in the pic.

The black guy, Not so much.... he starred in one of the best entertainment events ever. One of the best Friday evenings I'd ever had at bar. We were in some place on the SW corner of 95th and Antioch. They killed the music and tuned every tv to different channels and re-invented happy hour specials.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up