ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>It's Great to Have Friends
gblowfish 06:30 PM 02-21-2021
I am not handy. I'm just not. Which is weird, because I've been a home owner for almost 30 years. I know enough to be dangerous about a lot of stuff, but I've also learned what I can do and what I need help with. I built combines for Allis-Chalmers in the late 1970s, but even with that experience twisting a wrench and shooting rivets into sheet metal, I'm just not good at plumbing, or carpentry, or electric or....well...anything. My pal Mr. Doggity came over this afternoon hung a new LED work light in my kitchen. He said "EZ Peazy...it'll take us 20 minutes." I know better. My house is a giant fun house of frustration. It took a trip to the hardware store and almost two hours. But we got it done. Do you have a repair friend that you call when you need help? I have a couple, and I'm grateful to have them as friends. His fee was a six pack of Boulevard Irish Ale, and I'm taking out for lunch next week. Deal!
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:19 AM 02-22-2021
I'm a guy people call for stuff.

When I don't know, I call my dad because he knows how to do a lot of things that most guys who know things don't know how to do. He's got a shop full of things people have brought over for him to putter on and fix. I wish I knew how to do half of it.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:28 AM 02-22-2021
I have a 120 year old Victorian where nothing is level or the same size anywhere, nothing is easy and I wouldn't want to put that on my friends , so I can a professional , seeing the frustration on the face every time they come over confirms that it probably wasn't a DYI job.

I can do some simple stuff thanks to youtube but always requires multiple trips to the hardware store because every item used to build my house doesn't exist anymore.
[Reply]
kepp 09:37 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I once tried to match paint and fix some holes in the paint myself.

Hoo boy, that was a mistake.

Got some dude off craigslist and he did it for $50.
I did that when getting our last house ready to list for sale. Actually, Lowes did the color matching, but I got the wrong finish. I didn't realize it until it dried. Had to do paint several entire rooms.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:49 AM 02-22-2021
I never ask any friends to help out with repairs or moving because I don't want to have to repay the favor down the road. I hurt my back once helping a friend move. DONE
[Reply]
ghak99 10:31 AM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
All three of my son-in-laws are useless around the house as far as fixing stuff.. So who do you guess my daughters call to help???
Start calling them daughter-in-laws.
[Reply]
J Diddy 06:41 PM 02-22-2021
I have been blessed with such friends most of my adult life. The kind that "charge" you a 6 pack, but in reality drink it with you catching up on old times.

You're right. It's great to have friends.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:20 PM 02-22-2021
I hung an articulating TV mount 2 weeks ago and still haven’t had anyone come help me hang the TV. FML.
[Reply]
Holladay 12:26 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by :
FML
I had to look that one up.

I had mentioned the Eagle Scouts before...or any youth programs. A great place to start. You shouldn't be in FML. Meet young folks who are willing to help.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:30 AM 02-23-2021
I am a rock.
I am an i-i-island.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:29 AM 02-23-2021
The new light is quite bright.

No bulbs to change with the LEDs. Fixture has a ten year warranty.
Attached: newlight.jpg (38.9 KB) 
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:31 AM 02-23-2021
I'm not handy at all but wiring up lights is pretty simple, electricity is the one thing I can actually do.

And you won't be disappointed in that LED fixture, I've replaced most of my old ones now.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:29 AM 02-23-2021
Bright light! Bright light!
[Reply]
Holladay 08:40 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by :
The new light is quite bright.
I put one of those in the laundry room.
[Reply]
Holladay 02-23-2021, 08:41 PM
This message has been deleted by Holladay.
Holladay 08:42 PM 02-23-2021

I put these in the garage. Don't look too long, you will see spots.

Highly recommend.
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:46 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Holladay:

I put these in the garage. Don't look too long, you will see spots.

Highly recommend.
I have those in my garage too. Super bright!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up