ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 55
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
Bowser 08:44 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
Balmy 33 degrees here and the downspouts, which had been a solid block of ice are now thawing and it sounds like a plane crashed outside when a big block slides down them. Supposed to be in the 40’s tomorrow and then... lol more snow
30's and 40's is damned near flip flop weather right now.

The coldest I've ever personally felt it was in a little town ~20 miles north of Williams, Iowa. The actual temperature was -16, and the wind had to have been blowing around 30-ish mph. I was outside for less than five minutes total, and I hurt when I got inside. Never felt anything like that, especially so quickly. I totally understand and support htismaqe and the other Iowans wanting to get the fuck down south for the winter. Beautiful state for most of the other three seasons, but I get it.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:49 AM 02-15-2021
Galveston tx

Thundersnow in Galveston right now. Look at those rooftops! Video: @SaltwaterRecon pic.twitter.com/pPyD5jkNhn

— NWS Houston (@NWSHouston) February 15, 2021

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:52 AM 02-15-2021
7 degrees with 3 inches of snow.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:52 AM 02-15-2021
Wow.

I saw a map/outline of how far south the cold goes, and it was in the 20's well into Mexico. Craziness.
[Reply]
Go Royals 08:52 AM 02-15-2021
3 degrees down here in Ft. Worth. Went outside early afternoon yesterday and we were at 4" of snow, probably more by now. Luckily still have power
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:52 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I totally understand and support htismaqe and the other Iowans wanting to get the **** down south for the winter. Beautiful state for most of the other three seasons, but I get it.
I have friends in marble falls, TX. Right now they've gotten 6 inches of snow along with freezing rain and it's 7 degrees. They are also doing rolling power outages to conserve energy. Sometimes it ain't all it's cracked up to be.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:55 AM 02-15-2021
have not heard what this could do to citrus crops etc in texas. I know not good.

The other thing happening here is car jackings and thefts. People let their cars run with the keys in it. Assholes take them. This happens every year but is up 300% because minneapolis is a shit hole.

We are being told to watch for others even if you are just getting in and out of your car. A week ago, someone had a car jacked with a kid in the back of it. Luckily both were found and the kid was ok. Not as cold then, but cold enough.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:56 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Wow.

I saw a map/outline of how far south the cold goes, and it was in the 20's well into Mexico. Craziness.
I remember in the 80's my grandparents talking about how cold it was in McAllen when they were there. Cold went 300 miles into Mexico. Freaked people out.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:56 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I have friends in marble falls, TX. Right now they've gotten 6 inches of snow along with freezing rain and it's 7 degrees. They are also doing rolling power outages to conserve energy. Sometimes it ain't all it's cracked up to be.
That just doesn't even make sense. Wow.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:00 AM 02-15-2021
Still not as cold as the polar vortex days.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:02 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Still not as cold as the polar vortex days.
In Kansas City, this is one of the 3 coldest days in the last 50 years.
[Reply]
notorious 09:04 AM 02-15-2021
-31 wind chill.

Our house well is 6' deep, and it froze last night. Currently have a space heater cooking the fucker to thaw it.

Parents lived out here for damn near 50 years and never had it happen.
[Reply]
notorious 09:05 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Rolling power outages, when people need heat?

Wow.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:07 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
In Kansas City, this is one of the 3 coldest days in the last 50 years.
Jan 2014. We had day temp -25 and a wind chill of -45. Central minn had temps of -55. Diesel fuel did not want to get pumped out of the ground.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:07 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
have not heard what this could do to citrus crops etc in texas. I know not good.

The other thing happening here is car jackings and thefts. People let their cars run with the keys in it. Assholes take them. This happens every year but is up 300% because minneapolis is a shit hole.

We are being told to watch for others even if you are just getting in and out of your car. A week ago, someone had a car jacked with a kid in the back of it. Luckily both were found and the kid was ok. Not as cold then, but cold enough.

Yeah the Boosting thing has even picked up a lot in Billings. Someone will go start up their vehicle to warm it up and some slippey Larry will come along, jump in and take off. When I do that at home, I stick my German Shepherd in the rig. Zero chance of anyone getting in there and taking off with that dog in there.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 55
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up