ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 55
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
notorious 05:19 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Those suckers didn't even have sweatpants or a nice hoodie to hunker down in.
If you wanted booze, you had to travel on a horse in this shit to go buy it.
[Reply]
notorious 05:23 PM 02-14-2021
My biggest bitch isn't that it's this cold, it's how long it's hanging around.

This shit is going to last 2 weeks when it finally ends. **** you weather.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:38 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
If you wanted booze, you had to travel on a horse in this shit to go buy it.
Yuck. That too.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:47 PM 02-14-2021
This is starting to remind me of the winter of 1994/1995 in Chicago. Below zero all week, then on the weekend it would warm up enough for another 4"-6" inches of snow, then go back down below zero. Seemed like that pattern repeated for about a month. The snow accumulated so much that most people who parked outside lost the use of their cars, which were buried up to their roofs in hard, frozen snow. I remember my street was like an ice canyon with rear view mirrors sticking out of the sides. I didn't have a car at the time anyway, so I was walking everywhere. It was absolutely miserable, and seemed like it would go on forever.

Of course, later that same year, the summer was so miserably, relentlessly hellish that over 700 people died from the heat.
[Reply]
Cosmos 05:50 PM 02-14-2021
So many folks, wishing their climate would change....
[Reply]
TLO 05:57 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Sod was surprisingly insulating.

But yeah. We're pussies. Although I'd probably rather go through a cold snap than the ****ing dust bowl. Christ. Pussies indeed.
I'm a huge pussy when it comes to cold and snow. I just felt the rear-end of my car start sliding out on the interstate about an hour ago. Talk about an adrenaline rush.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:58 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yeah, how in the hell did our ancestors deal with this? They were far tougher than I am.
Dude no lie, just imagine these temps in a wood slat cabin with no insulation ala Charles Ingalls... you better be a wood choppin' sumbitch to get through that

Our ancestors were hard as stone
[Reply]
Munson 05:59 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Cosmos:

Gimme some of that global warming!
[Reply]
TLO 06:02 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Dude no lie, just imagine these temps in a wood slat cabin with no insulation ala Charles Ingalls... you better be a wood choppin' sumbitch to get through that

Our ancestors were hard as stone
This is reason 66 why I'm glad l don't live in olden times
[Reply]
TLO 06:04 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Munson:
Gimme some of that global warming!
I'm gonna Gretta Thunburg over for some tea and then accidentally lock her outside for about 20 minutes.
[Reply]
eDave 06:13 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Make room bitch. I ain't staying here much longer.
Best we can do is Apache Junction.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:14 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Aaaaand back to DC you go!
[Reply]
kccrow 06:28 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I'm going to install a couple this summer. I have a 20" snow rake that I use for the house, but with the cable up there on the garage, if I try to rake over that, it dislodges the cables.

If I remove the gutter, it would drop the water right in the walkway where I enter the garage and make an ice skating rink, so I'm kind of stuck with the gutter.
I'm assuming you have soffit vents and a ridge cap vent?
If so, I'd pull your soffits and make sure that there is a clear flow through up along the roof without obstruction, especially insulation.

An easy and somewhat cheap add are some gable vents if you don't have them and gable mount attic fans are relatively cheap to assist (each are about $100). It would help push that hot air out of your roof in the winter that's causing your dams.
[Reply]
2112 06:29 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Aaaaand back to DC you go!
You know, you’re doing a really good job, n00b. Pat yourself on the back
[Reply]
KurtCobain 06:47 PM 02-14-2021
My fingers have ceased to work properly!
[Reply]
Page 13 of 55
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up